Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Cant believe the number of games off across all 4 divisions. Assuming clubs are adhering to EFL protocols you are looking at most clubs having around 6 players out due to Covid (the rest out due to injury which then count towards the 14 needed to make a playing team). 

I dont know of anyone thay has tested positive over the past 2 weeks. How come footballers are more susceptible...? Not being double jabbed  ?   Being tested a couple of times a week  ? Combination of the 2 ??  Or something else  ?

You dont know anyone in the past 2 weeks whose tested positive?
    I don't personally. I'm not in London though.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cant believe the number of games off across all 4 divisions. Assuming clubs are adhering to EFL protocols you are looking at most clubs having around 6 players out due to Covid (the rest out due to injury which then count towards the 14 needed to make a playing team). 

I dont know of anyone thay has tested positive over the past 2 weeks. How come footballers are more susceptible...? Not being double jabbed  ?   Being tested a couple of times a week  ? Combination of the 2 ??  Or something else  ?

No.

I only know of a few people who've tested positive over the past 18 months.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

There seems to be plenty of people on Charltonlife who've tested positive this week
  • Options
    clb74 said:

There seems to be plenty of people on Charltonlife who've tested positive this week
    Of the 12 people who were meant to be round mine today 6 topped up getting it.
    I know loads of people catching it.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    clb74 said:

As I posted last week, myself & 3 teenagers (at school or college) have not tested positive all the way through the pandemic (with the kids doing LF's every week). Both brothers & their families again not tested positive during that time (1 in France with school aged children). Also parents not testing positive either. 

I only know of 1 person personally who has tested positive within the past month. 

Maybe its because we are all at least double jabbed......and others aren't or saying they are & are not. No idea. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I don’t … neither family nor friends. 

Only one I am aware of is a daughter of my wife’s sister. 
  • Options
    What chances of the Wycombe game going ahead then do we reckon??
  • Options
    What chances of the Wycombe game going ahead then do we reckon??
    More chance of winning the league.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I only know of one if that is of interest.
  • Options
    Live in London. No family have had it but plenty of friends and neighbours have. 

But there’s nothing to be gained by assuming your personal experience is that significant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds Villa, and Wolves Arsenal on Tuesday have both gone
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I have never known so many people test positive, including myself. It isn't a surprise so many games have been called off. But the speed of transmissions means it should settle down reasonably quickly as we come out of the other end of it.
  • Options
    With no new government restrictions before the New Year, Wycombe (if it goes ahead) will have an unrestricted attendance. Indeed a good one, with people starved of live sport over the period
  • Options
    clb74 said:

As I posted last week, myself & 3 teenagers (at school or college) have not tested positive all the way through the pandemic (with the kids doing LF's every week). Both brothers & their families again not tested positive during that time (1 in France with school aged children). Also parents not testing positive either. 

I only know of 1 person personally who has tested positive within the past month. 

Maybe its because we are all at least double jabbed......and others aren't or saying they are & are not. No idea. 
    If you don’t have any family who’ve had it, it’s possible that you and/or some of your family may have had covid at some point but were non symptomatic.
    I’ve never had it, to my knowledge, and nor has my wife and daughter, and we’re teachers (and a student) who’ve been teaching or learning in person for the last year and a half. Rules in schools (in the US and Slovakia where we’ve been) have been half-arsed at best and plenty of our students have had it, so it’s possible we may be non symptomatic people too.
    Just because you don’t know anyone who’s had it doesn’t mean it’s not there. It’s a bit like saying you don’t believe in Māoris because you’ve never met one. 😉

• Options
    clb74 said:

No.

I only know of a few people who've tested positive over the past 18 months.
    How long have you playing for AFC Wimbledon now?
  • Options

There needs to be a serious debate about footballers who won't get jabbed.Cant recall Sky talking about this for fear of upsetting certain people.I would hazard a guess that for some players this is thiis is for cultural reasons which is absurd.We are so politically sensitive these days that we can't discuss this - let's name these players and ask them why they won't have the jab.Im sure many of these same players would have a needle put in them for a pain killer injection during a match or for other reasons
  • Options
    Leeds Villa, and Wolves Arsenal on Tuesday have both gone
    Leeds and Wolves both fully jabbed. 
  • Options
    Games at the weekend now starting to go

Sunderland vs Fleetwood and Plymouth vs Wimbledon both now off
  • Options
    Wimbledon again....?

Their fault or Plymouths ?
  • Options
    Wimbledon again....?

Plymouth's
     https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/december/plymouth-away-match-is-postponed/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Wimbledon again....?

Plymouths (can't be Wimbledons, they're covid-proof)
  • Options
    Genuinely finding it quite entertaining watching Wimbledon losing it over postponed games now
  • Options
    Genuinely finding it quite entertaining watching Wimbledon losing it over postponed games now
    When they get to play the postponed game, they'll probably still be losing it.

• Options

There needs to be a serious debate about footballers who won't get jabbed.Cant recall Sky talking about this for fear of upsetting certain people.I would hazard a guess that for some players this is thiis is for cultural reasons which is absurd.We are so politically sensitive these days that we can't discuss this - let's name these players and ask them why they won't have the jab.Im sure many of these same players would have a needle put in them for a pain killer injection during a match or for other reasons
    Cultural reasons?
  • Options
    Have there been any updates on where we are with this. Who is out, when will they be back, are we still training etc...
  • Options
    Is there a thread for spares yet? Must be some people who know they won’t be able to make a Tuesday night, regardless of the date.
  • Options
    4 out of 7 Championship games off tonight, 1 out of 5 tomorrow

6 out of 10 L1 games off tonight, 1 out of 2 off tomorrow

NINE out of 11 L2 games tonight are off