Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How the Salary Cap Works - Scrapped 09/02/2021? (p2)

Comments

• Options
    What's this? Does Alfie dress up as a dandy highwayman to alleviate the boredom of injury?
  • Options
    Back on topic. I agree with Golfie that it's ridiculous.
    However, if you think the rules of the game are flawed then you have to set a strategy to take advantage of this.
    If we have more money than other clubs then it's simple: Sell off the older players and outbid other clubs, including those in higher leagues if possible, to bring in the finest youngest players possible. In short, become the Ajax of League One without necessarily having to wait to develop the players ourselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I think they are both so fun to watch and possibly my 2 favourites in the squad, but I think at some point with a salary cap we need to question Williams and Aneke in there who can't seem to play 90 minutes, let alone 3 times in a week. We need more players in the squad to accommodate them and we've basically got Bogle because Aneke can't play every week which is a pretty big disadvantage when we should be able to outspend most of the division in theory
  • Options
    How quickly will we bring in Stockley and Shinnie on permanent deals if it does get over turned in the next few weeks or so
    If its over turned it could be Stockley and Famewo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    be annoying, cause gawd knows who we've missed out on because of this 
    Better late than never, if it got abolished now we could probably renew 4 or 5 contracts, plus convert 1 or 2 of the loans, before the end of the season.  By hook or crook we need nearly 20 players by the start of August.

Removing the cap now could well take that down to a much more manageable 10, or so, which you wouldn't want to do until you know what divison your in anyway. 
  • Options
    It will be massive news, but is a topic that should never have got this far. 
  • Options
    They won't change anything until the end of the season surely? 
  • Options
    One thing that has puzzled me is why the PFA haven't managed to get this overturned. We now see that they clearly have been working on it. The cap has been so badly thought out, I don't think it would be too hard to overturn it. It is basically encouraging clubs to replace older players with younger ones and not offer them better deals when they deserve them.
    Also does seem to be that a lot of people have been saying "Well, why not just have it overturned then?" when actually there have been wheels turning to do exactly that - but bureaucracy and legal loopholes mean it takes a little bit longer to get all the relevant ducks in a row than we know about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    They won't change anything until the end of the season surely? 
    If the arbitration panel deem it as unlawful then it doesn't stay lawful until June. It would be overturned immediately.
  • Options

An independent arbitration panel has upheld a claim from the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) that the EFL was in breach of the constitution of the Professional Football Negotiating and Consultative Committee (PFNCC) by introducing ‘Squad Salary Caps’.

In August 2020 following an extensive and comprehensive consultation process with EFL Clubs,  Leagues One and Two voted to adopt new financial controls that replaced the previous Salary Cost Management Protocols (SCMP).

The PFA argued that the PFNCC’s remit to consider matters relating to the employment of, and any associated rules and regulations to professional players employed by EFL Clubs, was not properly considered as part of the process to introduce the new rules and as a result served a notice of claim to that effect.

The EFL and PFA then agreed to refer that matter to arbitration and after hearing submissions from both parties, an independent panel concluded that the EFL was in breach of its agreement as a member of the PFNCC.

At the time of the adoption of the Salary Cap Rules, the EFL included a provision to ensure that any decision such as this would have the effect of reinstating the SCMP rules that were in operation during season 2019/20, which links player related expenditure to turnover.

The EFL will now discuss the matter of financial controls and implications linked to this outcome at a series of meetings with its Member Clubs later this week.

• Options
    WAHOOOO
  • Options
    Right, free agents list time.