Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How the Salary Cap Works - Scrapped 09/02/2021? (p2)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Doughty and Phillips would have moved anyway. They were thirsty for bigger contracts than we were would have probably offered. 
    I think it was all about Championship football for Philips. 

Amos wouldn't have signed his extra year if Phillips was staying, you couldn't risk Amos going then selling Philips late in the window.  Coupled with the wage cap and ownership issues you couldn't of then bought in a senior reserve keeper.

I think all things considered we got that one bob on. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Doughty and Phillips would have moved anyway. They were thirsty for bigger contracts than we were would have probably offered. 
    I think it was all about Championship football for Philips. 

Amos wouldn't have signed his extra year if Phillips was staying, you couldn't risk Amos going then selling Philips late in the window.  Coupled with the wage cap and ownership issues you couldn't of then bought in a senior reserve keeper.

I think all things considered we got that one bob on. 
    I won't derail this thread but disagree. Say Phillips spends all this season on the bench, the season he's likely to be a Championship No1 could coincide with our return to the Championship. Understand your point and think it worked out for each party in the end.  
  • Options
    Shame we had to lose Doughty | Wiredu | Lapslie as a result, even Phillips

Probably could have kept all four of them in the end
    I don’t think money would have kept doughty or Phillips. 

You’ve missed oztumer off of your list 😂
  • Options
    SSN stating that the cap has been abolished
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not sure how realistic but bowyer gallen and co need to be straight in that office or on phone and seeing if we can pick Up any championship/  high end league 1 free agents who dont mind playing league 1 football for 6 months on good wages to help get us over the line and promoted !? There has Got to be a few gems and bit of quality out there we can pick up now but we need to be quick! 
    I disagree. 

Providing there is no new rule thrown into place, I see this as Bowyer getting until at least the end of the season as the pressure to go up this season is reduced. We have until the end of the next transfer window to sort our squad for next season, let's not rush to splash on players that end up gash. 

Obviously if we go and lose the next 9 on the bounce, then Bowyer should also bounce. 
  • Options
    This may not be the end of it as the EFL clubs could always bring vote in something equally restrictive for next season. Maybe this time is best spent getting the players we want on new deals sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While this is great news, it's terrible timing.   All Football league clubs (not just us) have spend all Sumner & January rejigging & moving players around to ensure squads are within salary cap restrictions & it gets lifted after the window shuts. 

That's really poor 
    But can't be helped right now. This way we have breathing space to turn a few loanees permanent and get better terms for important players so by the time we get to summer we will have a much better idea of what we need and what level to aim for.
  • Options
    While this is great news, it's terrible timing & bad management from the EFL (shock horror)

All Football league clubs (not just us) have spend all Sumner & January rejigging & moving players around to ensure squads are within salary cap restrictions & it gets lifted after the window shuts. 

That's really poor 
    That's the EFL for you, totally useless, almost like they planned it all by
    dragging their heels until the window was closed to minimize any repercussions 
  • Options
    While this is great news, it's terrible timing & bad management from the EFL (shock horror)

All Football league clubs (not just us) have spend all Sumner & January rejigging & moving players around to ensure squads are within salary cap restrictions & it gets lifted after the window shuts. 

That's really poor 
    That's the EFL for you, totally useless, almost like they planned it all by
    dragging their heels until the window was closed to minimize any repercussions 

The EFL neither introduced, nor scrapped, the cap.  But if it makes you feel better. 
  • Options
    Nice to see the BBC on top of the game as always!!

Third tier clubs would have been given a £2.5m ceiling for salaries and fourth tier sides £1.25m under the proposals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55997868

Dont they realise its been in place for months, or are they just reading too many of my write ups!!
    Yes.... so BBC not aware that the Cap has been in place already. And headlines with Risse, leaves Meade out of her first England squad.  Women’s football is in their world far more important than the EFL.
  • Options
    Watch the agents all calling their clients clubs this afternoon
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we really back at angry people shouting EFL at all of footballs wrongs.

The members proposed and voted for it.  The EFL didn't inflict it on them.  Then it was deemed unlawful so has been scrapped.  The timing of which is sod all to do with the EFL. They didn't delay it until after the transfer window shut for laughs. 

The EFL are shit and toothless but you can't blame EVERYTHING on them being shit and useless. 

I will consider myself told, and thanks for the update...but the EFL haven't covered
    themselves in glory in the past
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The members proposed and voted for it.  The EFL didn't inflict it on them.  Then it was deemed unlawful so has been scrapped.  The timing of which is sod all to do with the EFL. They didn't delay it until after the transfer window shut for laughs. 

The EFL are shit and toothless but you can't blame EVERYTHING on them being shit and useless. 

I will consider myself told, and thanks for the update...but the EFL haven't covered
    themselves in glory in the past
    No they haven't but it dilutes the argument when "everything" is their fault.  There are dozens of things to rightfully critise them for. 
  • Options
    Man who helped put it together, and saw his golden goose shot

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Takes a bit of the pressure off for this season now. If we don't go up at least we may keep a few and build really well for next year.

Obviously still want us to push for playoffs this year, but a solid season of building might not be the worst thing.
    Exactly what I thought 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Shows how useless they are, they proposed an incorrect piece of legislation, yes member clubs voted on it, but they didn't wait for the 3 relegated clubs to vote. If I remember rightly the proposal passed by 1 vote with 3 clubs being unable to vote who it would affect. Now that's useless and backs up their other 'mistakes'.
    The salary cap, their proposal, has now been thrown out as being unlawful. So in my eyes they are responsible for this rule, and hence it sits at their door, fair and square!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    How SCMP worked:

Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

So if we go back to that TS can spend whatever he wants on the club, but it can’t be through a loan where he expects the money back.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Shows how useless they are, they proposed an incorrect piece of legislation, yes member clubs voted on it, but they didn't wait for the 3 relegated clubs to vote. If I remember rightly the proposal passed by 1 vote with 3 clubs being unable to vote who it would affect. Now that's useless and backs up their other 'mistakes'.
    The salary cap, their proposal, has now been thrown out as being unlawful. So in my eyes they are responsible for this rule, and hence it sits at their door, fair and square!
    We voted against it!! 
  • Options
    Messy here we come!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

they must have done because it's been widely reported that we voted against it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

they must have done because it's been widely reported that we voted against it.
    The vote was in August.