Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How the Salary Cap Works - Scrapped 09/02/2021? (p2)

Comments

• Options
    This may not be the end of it as the EFL could always bring in something equally restrictive for next season. Maybe this time is best spent getting the players we want on new deals sorted.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Just after the transfer window has ended. Typical Charlton.
    More like typical bloody EFL, cocked it all up again, now watch them
    drag their heels trying to reduce the shit hitting them square in the face
  • Options
    Great news!! It can't now be enforced and should allow all clubs to pay what they wish for the skills, or not,of each individual player. We should now be able to sign any decent frees out there plus the 2 loanees that LB has spoken about.
  • Options
    Get some free transfer in a CB pay them more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before we get excited, I believe a clause was inserted to revert back to the old way if something like that happened. That was in thee main linked to turnover....... so it might not be a lot better right now!
  • Options
    Lincoln and Accrington one shot at promotion might not pay off 
  • Options
    Get in, huge news!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Before we get excited, I believe a clause was inserted to revert back to the old way if something like that happened. That was in thee main linked to turnover....... so it might not be a lot better right now!
    Me is confused by that?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Me is confused by that?
    It reverts to the same wage protocol we had last time, owners can cover the wages. 
  • Options
    Is it gone immediately then?! 
  • Options
    Yes, overturned with immediate effect.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes, reverts to the previous SCMP - this is an old CAST article - trying to find out if anything has changed since this.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    EFL/TFL all the bloody same 🤭
  • Options
    Any free agents out there that we can spend big wedge on?
  • Options
    Most the free agents won't be fit/ripe for an "ambitious" end to the season.

Before we get too excited, what is our annual revenue? It will have taken a huge hit.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Yes, overturned with immediate effect.
    Bloody hell! Definitely think first thing to do is sign those with contracts running out, we should be able to offer them a decent pay packet as well nowadays so they don't get wandering eyes.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Most the free agents won't be fit/ripe for an "ambitious" end to the season.

Before we get too excited, what is our annual revenue? It will have taken a huge hit.
    Everyone's would have because of Coronavirus so I can't see that affecting us more than anyone else tbh
  • Options
    Not sure how realistic but bowyer gallen and co need to be straight in that office or on phone and seeing if we can pick Up any championship/  high end league 1 free agents who dont mind playing league 1 football for 6 months on good wages to help get us over the line and promoted !? There has Got to be a few gems and bit of quality out there we can pick up now but we need to be quick!