Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    OK.  Bowyer to the end of the season.  I won't slag him off and I will show him the respect the Bowyer lovers are saying we should.  Then if he fucks up he deserves everything he gets.
    I wouldn't go that far. I'm still going to whine when he sticks Schwartz at LB.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    seems like the echo chamber is back 
    Probably all the short sighted and intellectually challenged posters :smile:
    Good to see you’re finally self aware
    Pathetic 
    Perhaps you could try and stop being so rude to others?
    I think your find I was repeat someone else words.  If you don't like my posts stop replying to all of them.  If someone accuses me of being intellectually challenged or calls me childish names I think I have ever right to respond. 
    It was YOU who used that expression.
    Yes as a joke, using a :smile: face.  After someone said that about anyone who dare doubt Lee Bowyer on this thread.  That caused a 3 page fracas. 

Anyway it doesn't matter, if you missed the joke and thought I was applying to you or @Rothko I apologise. 
    Just for information, I've sadly gone through my 12 posts on this thread, and have never used that expression about anyone. 
    I neither said or implied you did. 

I got the joke.

Just to clarify it was Desperate Pete that used the phrase as a dig yesterday.
    On reflection it was a shit joke but at least someone got it 
  • Options
    It seems LB is here for a little longer which to some, given the majority of performances/managerial decisions this season have been bewildering, is baffling but in the words of a once great man.......

’It is what it is’.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Melrose said:
    Bowyer is clearly not willing to take responsibility for the shambles that has ensued for the last 2-3 months. The stupidest thing he has done is claiming the club are over achieving. What incentive have any of the players  got to improve things after that! LB sadly lost it and it would be best for all if he went now.
    Second stupidest thing - the first was coating off the fans in the ground!
  • Options
    re LB, yes he has unfortunately, team selection and tactics of late resemble a.....well let’s try this now... hope he recovers but don’t think he knows the answers, whilst a lot of them appear to be staring him in the face. No 1 being pick a consistent team and formation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    I think the meltdown might be down to the fact that we've been in relegation form for 20 games. Obviously not an issue for some of our fans.
    So if we were in 12-14th-place-form but still clearly not making the play-offs, there wouldn't have been a meltdown? I've read every post on this thread and I don't buy that.
  • Options
    It’s all down to whether Bowyer and the boys wants it enough. I couldn’t agree more. So why do people purely focus on Bowyer?

Yes it’s his job to get the best out of players. I think most of them are trying their best for him. It’s just an overall confidence thing at the moment.

we probably would get a new manager bounce, but that’s all it will be and unlikely enough to get play offs unless they are much better than Bows.

That person would also have to see us through play offs, I know one guy who has already and he’s in charge at the moment 
  • Options
    I watched a clip last night on YouTube of Gus Poyet talking about when he kept Sunderland up in the PL when they won the last 5 games of season (or something like that). Anyway, he said that afterwards, he told the owner at the time he was taking 2 weeks off and wouldn’t be answering calls, emails, anything. 

I do wonder if something like that would have been good for Bowyer. Let him reset etc. Can only imagine how exhausting last season and even the off-field drama of start of this season must have been on him. Obviously too late for a rest now, but just found it interesting after hearing Poyet talk about needing to be completely away from everything about football for couple of weeks.  
  • Options
    Probably going to get slated for this and understand completely if people's finances are tight and have to pick and choose games a bit more but is not watching Charlton purely when they're on a bad run a bit fairweather?
    You're missing the point. It's now the reverse.

It's partially because the weather will be fair on Saturday that I won't watch it.

• Options
    I might not have seen too many games over the past 40+ years if I stopped every time we were a 'bit shit'
    A bit shit? No, extremely shit football, played by effortless players, with no fans, on TV. It's soulless and depressing. Then you get the manager talking shit too. At this time people need something to cheer them up more than ever, not the opposite.

It's certainly not comparable with the past / non Covid19 times.
  • Options
    I don’t feel Bowyer should go just because we are losing it’s because of the manner in which we’re losing.  Obvious to all so not listing them all.  
    Going into next season can we really build our team around the likes of Inniss & Chucks? As good as they are, their injury record is so poor this could hold us back! 
    I doubt Chuks will be with us next season. I can see next season's excuse already - we have a completely new team and they need time to gel.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    With the whole squad thing why is it such a common opinion that we have the squad for play offs, also why play offs. What if we lose in the play offs, what's the difference between that and 7th? Peterborough and Sunderland missed out on play offs last season, doesn't seem to be too awful for them right now 

The top6 in this league are probably Lincoln, Hull, Doncaster, Peterborough, Portsmouth and Sunderland. That's probably going to be the top6 till the end now. Outside chance of us Oxford or Accrington getting involved. Now have a look through their squads and tell me who starts in those teams in our current squad. Also when this season is over and we lose almost every single player yet again I will be surprised if any of them end up at high league 1 clubs, maybe Chuks.

Our squad isn't good. Not bad but certainly not good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is good but hasn't looked good.The midfield has been weakened in the transfer window, but Bowyer didn't trust our best midfielders anyway. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    With the whole squad thing why is it such a common opinion that we have the squad for play offs, also why play offs. What if we lose in the play offs, what's the difference between that and 7th? 

The top6 in this league are probably Lincoln, Hull, Doncaster, Peterborough, Portsmouth and Sunderland. That's probably going to be the top6 till the end now. Outside chance of us Oxford or Accrington getting involved. Now have a look through their squads and tell me who starts in those teams in our current squad. Also when this season is over and we lose almost every single player yet again I will be surprised if any of them end up at high league 1 clubs, maybe Chuks.

Case and point - we play teams like Crewe or Swindon and expect to beat them because they're nothing teams. Yet the moment we're linked with players like Charlie Kirk, DJ, etc... Crewe and Swindon players... Suddenly those players are exceptional. Then the perspective shifts. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    With the whole squad thing why is it such a common opinion that we have the squad for play offs, also why play offs. What if we lose in the play offs, what's the difference between that and 7th? 

Case and point - we play teams like Crewe or Swindon and expect to beat them because they're nothing teams. Yet the moment we're linked with players like Charlie Kirk, DJ, etc... Crewe and Swindon players... Suddenly those players are exceptional. Then the perspective shifts. 
    Nevermind league 1, we were linked with a league 2 player and got excited. 

More or less every game this season I have seen at least 1 opposing player that I would like in this team. Not the sign of a good squad to me 
  • Options
    When matches had supporters I could go knowing I'd meet friends and fellow fans in the grounds, I'd enjoy chatting to people and in general the live atmosphere added something that just can't be replicated with remote viewing.

I don't see it as 100% like for like comparable for people who stop buying the passes as the same thing as not attending matches (when they could.)

I have not actually gone to a game for several years now but that's simply because of personal circumstances rather than any kind of conscious "point" to make to anyone.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

3 of our unwanted players failed upwards in January including "non league at best" Bogle.

Rochdale had a guy, that ripped us a new one, that's since signed for Man City.  Smaller clubs will always have 1 or 2 players as good, if not better, as the bigger clubs (it's less common at the highest level though).  It happened to us at the start of the championship season when Taylor, Williams, Gallagher or even Pratley were the stand out players on the pitch.

Someone like Watson might either retire or play non league so he doesn't have to move house again.  Location is important, especially for the older players, as where ever they go it won't be a life changing amount of money.  But I don't expect any of our current players signing for lower end league 1 clubs.  I suspect some people maybe supprised how many we end up keeping and who ends up in the championship. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Paul Cook probably going elsewhere (not that it looks like Bowyer is off yet)

• Options
    I suppose if you lose something it is always possible to find it again. Bowyer certainly had something to lose. To have a chance of finding it, he will certainly have to look at himself in the mirror rather than blame everybody else.
  • Options
    It seems LB is here for a little longer which to some, given the majority of performances/managerial decisions this season have been bewildering, is baffling but in the words of a once great man.......

’It is what it is’.
    Indeed, AUN.

And may I be the first to say " Content de te revoir, mon ami. C'est comme ca".
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Paul Cook probably going elsewhere (not that it looks like Bowyer is off yet)

That might explain why Lambert hasn't been sacked, the current owners don't want to make the change when a takeover is imminent

It also shows that Cook is happy to take a L1 job...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!