Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough. Thomas wants to give Lee a crack next season. I’m ok with that but wary. Make no mistake the summer will be Lee’s transfer window and I’m thinking that our dealings will not be matched by anyone else in league one. Promotion will be fully expected and LB won’t have anywhere to hide. I’m really hoping the signings and Lee do the bizzo and I’m sure this time next year we’ll be buzzing. 
    Lee's performance as a manager this season has been utterly dreadful - I find it hard to believe TS will leave him in charge next season. I must be missing something?
    The fact he's apparently gone through TalkSport today backing him?

Either its the vote of confidence or even through this run, TS has no intention of sacking him regardless where we finish
    What I mean is I have no idea why he would leave him in charge based on his performance? I'm not really clear what he sees in him?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    seems like the echo chamber is back 
    Probably all the short sighted and intellectually challenged posters :smile:
    Good to see you’re finally self aware
    Pathetic 
    Perhaps you could try and stop being so rude to others?
    I think your find I was repeat someone else words.  If you don't like my posts stop replying to all of them.  If someone accuses me of being intellectually challenged or calls me childish names I think I have ever right to respond. 
    Must have misread the pretty clear implication here 
    Mate said I was repeating someone else's words.  Not yours. I have said sorry if you thought I was calling you that.  If you want to get up set about it fine, but I am leaving it here. 
  • Options
    Fair enough. Thomas wants to give Lee a crack next season. I’m ok with that but wary. Make no mistake the summer will be Lee’s transfer window and I’m thinking that our dealings will not be matched by anyone else in league one. Promotion will be fully expected and LB won’t have anywhere to hide. I’m really hoping the signings and Lee do the bizzo and I’m sure this time next year we’ll be buzzing. 
    Lee's performance as a manager this season has been utterly dreadful - I find it hard to believe TS will leave him in charge next season. I must be missing something?

Either its the vote of confidence or even through this run, TS has no intention of sacking him regardless where we finish
    Thomas has seen exactly the same as us and fair play to him he feels Lee deserves an unhindered season to show what he’s got. We know LB has something because we’ve all seen and experienced it. Let’s now all go with it and enjoy the ride. Summer will be exciting and fingers crossed we can fill The Valley and see some top notch performances. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Thomas has seen exactly the same as us and fair play to him he feels Lee deserves an unhindered season to show what he’s got. We know LB has something because we’ve all seen and experienced it. Let’s now all go with it and enjoy the ride. Summer will be exciting and fingers crossed we can fill The Valley and see some top notch performances. 
    I have absolutely no idea why TS would leave LB in charge based on our performances and results this season. I really don't get it.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    You don't need £££ to be able to be able to form a tactical identity and manage a squad in that system. 

The 'Bowyer didn't have a great summer to prepare' would make more sense if we were bottom at the start of the season and slowly improving, not getting worse month to month. 
    This.  Since we ended our only run of the season, we’ve W5 D7 L8. The only respectable win in that time was against an out of form Ipswich. 

This ain’t a bad patch it’s a bad season at a level that is below where should traditionally be.  I honestly thought the football was better under Robinson.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    You don't need £££ to be able to be able to form a tactical identity and manage a squad in that system. 

The 'Bowyer didn't have a great summer to prepare' would make more sense if we were bottom at the start of the season and slowly improving, not getting worse month to month. 
    This.  Since we ended our only run of the season, we’ve W5 D7 L8. The only respectable win in that time was against an out of form Ipswich. 

This ain’t a bad patch it’s a bad season at a level that is below where should traditionally be.  I honestly thought the football was better under Robinson.
    Let’s not be too hasty...
  • Options

Particularly as Bowyer has managed it himself. 

Think the thing with Bowyer is he had a free from the fans hit under the previous regimes he has worked under. He hasn’t got that luxury under TS (at least i hope he hasn’t).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If TS backs him then I accept it.  I’ve always been of the opinion he should get next summer and a chance to have a go at it under less trying circumstances to the ones he had last summer, prior to TS buying us.

The key is the clear out in the summer.  Look through the squad and we need to be ruthless.  I’m worried about how bad it could get for Bowyer if we continue to lose and drop down the league, as it could turn more of our fans against him.  That is my main worry.  

I also don’t know how willing TS will be to let Lee rip it up and start again.  We just don’t know how financially supportive he may be having spent a lot in acquiring the club and funding us during Covid.  If we aren’t able to pretty much buy a whole new starting XI then I think Bowyer may be out the door early next season 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    If TS backs him then I accept it.  I’ve always been of the opinion he should get next summer and a chance to have a go at it under less trying circumstances to the ones he had last summer, prior to TS buying us.

The key is the clear out in the summer.  Look through the squad and we need to be ruthless.  I’m worried about how bad it could get for Bowyer if we continue to lose and drop down the league, as it could turn more of our fans against him.  That is my main worry.  

I also don’t know how willing TS will be to let Lee rip it up and start again.  We just don’t know how financially supportive he may be having spent a lot in acquiring the club and funding us during Covid.  If we aren’t able to pretty much buy a whole new starting XI then I think Bowyer may be out the door early next season 
    Imagine, as well, TS's mood if he's shelled out the wages for all these players in the summer + January windows only for Bowyer to turn around and say they're rubbish and to get rid for players on more expensive wages. 
  • Options
    There's a difference between Sandgaard not making any moves right now and not at all. I wouldn't presume that even if Bowyer does hang on that will mean he gets entirely his own way going forwards.
  • Options
    Difficult now to say what the best thing to do this season. Unlikely that TS will change anything anyway until the close season. Results and performances have to improve immediately for LB to salvage this season. Lots of negatives with his selections and tactics. Can't understand why he has to make so many changes, and yet still gets it wrong
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    I think the meltdown might be down to the fact that we've been in relegation form for 20 games. Obviously not an issue for some of our fans.
    And the first team is a complete mess, with no identity, and no consistency in terms of selection or formation

If we had a small, patched up squad full of academy players and L1 journeymen, but playing to their maximum and giving 100%, people would accept a season of midtable mediocrity, but that's not the case. 

And Bowyer has already had a second bite of the cherry, being able to bring in 5 more players in January and dump some of those he didn't want, and the result in February is 4 points out of 15.
  • Options
    Just to throw some slightly different thinking into the mix.

Sandgaard brought Roddy in to be his man, with a focus on the medium and long term. Bowyer was simply untouchable at first due to the credit he had in the bank with fans, but it’s not known what sort of relationship TS / LB  and GR / LB have formed and whether Bowyer was part of that medium / long term plan. 

That credit has pretty much evaporated now, and given how the last two months have gone, it’s almost a certainty that those relationships will be weaker than they were in the beginning.

TS / GR would already have began strategy planning for next season, quite a while ago probably. There’s all sort of variables potentially at play. But it could well be our manager for next season has already been lined up and verbally agreed. They could already be in work elsewhere and not available until then. So then there is the question of what you do with the final third of the season.

Alternatively, they might not have done that but still need to consider the strategy of a manager change. Getting fans and money in for next season and starting the new campaign positively will now be the driver. If this season is now over which looks likely, when is the right time to influence next season? 

‘Now’ allows a new man time to assess squad and potentially build some momentum. However there’s a massive risk that if the end of season doesn’t go well, and that’s entirely possible if most of the squad think they’re off in summer, and fans don’t warm to a new ‘outsider’ manager overseeing poor performances. So there is an important risk / reward consideration in terms of positive momentum for next season  which may want them to defer change for now, even if they know it is inevitable.  

And finally, there could also be a financial consideration. It is not cheap to dismiss a Chanpionship contract manager and his team with 16 months to go. If this season is already spent then additional resource spend now for a ‘dead period’ may be a waste that eats into player budget for next season. Alternatively, there may be milestone aspects that make it much more expensive to dismiss at this point as opposed to in May. 

We just don’t know on any of those things, but I wanted to show that it’s never just a straight forward consideration. 

What do you think of this post LittleAddick?
  • Options
    I am sure many of those angry that Lee is still manager now are the same people who were angry 15 months ago that he was not given a 4-year contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given that the performances have been shall we say below par, and yes we are currently 9th in the league, are we basing the Bowyer out on that, or is it turning out that Thomas has added fuel to the fire in saying that playoffs are a minimum for this season.
    Maybe Thomas's ambitions could have been a little less rosy and we could have all settled on a season of consolidation, and build for next season, anyway, time to get behind the team now maybe, there is still a chance we could finish on a high
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    seems like the echo chamber is back 
    Probably all the short sighted and intellectually challenged posters :smile:
    Good to see you’re finally self aware
    Pathetic 
    Perhaps you could try and stop being so rude to others?
    I think your find I was repeat someone else words.  If you don't like my posts stop replying to all of them.  If someone accuses me of being intellectually challenged or calls me childish names I think I have ever right to respond. 
    It was YOU who used that expression.
    Yes as a joke, using a :smile: face.  After someone said that about anyone who dare doubt Lee Bowyer on this thread.  That caused a 3 page fracas. 

Anyway it doesn't matter, if you missed the joke and thought I was applying to you or @Rothko I apologise. 
    Just for information, I've sadly gone through my 12 posts on this thread, and have never used that expression about anyone. 
    I neither said or implied you did. 

I got the joke.

Just to clarify it was Desperate Pete that used the phrase as a dig yesterday.
  • Options
    I am sure many of those angry that Lee is still manager now are the same people who were angry 15 months ago that he was not given a 4-year contract.
    I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    OK.  Bowyer to the end of the season.  I won't slag him off and I will show him the respect the Bowyer lovers are saying we should.  Then if he fucks up he deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    Fact is it’s looking like Lee is here at least until the summer. We’ve got games left and we can either buckle up and get behind the club or winge for the next three months. I know what I’m going to do.
    Whinging it is then 😉
    Hopefully we might start playing better then we won't have to whinge. 
  • Options
    It's an alarming lack off ambition, actions speak louder than words, and having the backbone to sack bowyer is what is needed.  Bowyer does not have the managerial capabilities to take us on sandgaards professed trajectory, let's not kid ourselves.
    I agree with this in that he could get us out of League One, I said could, but I don’t see him having the ability to get us out of the Championship.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!