Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    It is not even easy interviewing in (Full) Lockdown, so I don't think it's as clear-cut as to whether we stick with Bowyer for now + next season, or get rid in order to hire now for both this + next season. 

We just have to all crack on with it.

Building slowly sometimes means just that, building slowly. I had hoped we would have shown too much quality for the need to build slowly, but it looks like neither the manager or a select few key players are able to carry us single handly to the next level. So, we are going to have to do it the slow(errr) way. 
    how does building slowly fit into TS getting into the PL in five years time? 
    Do you think that was his real plan for Charlton or an ideal situation if everything went spot on from his ownership? 

ie. If every team did not score a Wordly against us in every single this season, the 5 year plan would still be realistic.
  • Options
    Bowyer is clearly not willing to take responsibility for the shambles that has ensued for the last 2-3 months. The stupidest thing he has done is claiming the club are over achieving. What incentive have any of the players  got to improve things after that! LB sadly lost it and it would be best for all if he went now.
  • Options
    Not really sure what to make of this situation.

On the one hand if TS wants to write off the season and give Bowyer a full transfer window and crack at it next season then fair enough.
    On the other hand i think Bowyer looks demoralised, devoid of ideas and seemingly has no clue on his best team/formation so i don't see how prolonging things is going to do us any good in the long run.

I hope he turns it round but i fear that we could be wasting months.
  • Options
    seems like the echo chamber is back 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Probably all the short sighted and intellectually challenged posters :smile:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Good to see you’re finally self aware
  • Options
    Easy cop out for bowyer to blame it on the turnaround in players. 
    Missing the fact 
    A He’s had 2 transfer Windows
    B No team is going to gel when you play a different 11 every single bloody game 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    The view now seems to be overwhelmingly/exclusively that Bowyer should go. Does anyone still think he should stay? @ElfsborgAddick I know you were keen to give him more time, is that still the case or was last night final straw type stuff? 
    I have to concede that Bowyer's last 12 months have not been great.  I cannot offer much more of a defence  for him.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    Perhaps you could try and stop being so rude to others?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    I think your find I was repeat someone else words.  If you don't like my posts stop replying to all of them.  If someone accuses me of being intellectually challenged or calls me childish names I think I have ever right to respond. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    To be fair to Bowyer, it was his "strange" comment about the new ownership that completely cemented my opinion that the new ownership was dodgy/corrupt so fair play to him for that really.
    Agree with this, and an extra fair play to his sales skills on getting a bumper contract in the strange times!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    I think your find I was repeat someone else words.  If you don't like my posts stop replying to all of them.  If someone accuses me of being intellectually challenged or calls me childish names I think I have ever right to respond. 
    Did I? OK, can't remember when I did, especially as I've gone out of my way to ignore this thread for the majority of its existence 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    It was YOU who used that expression.
  • Options
    I’ve never booed a Charlton team or player and never will. Those that do should give their heads a wobble.
    Couldn't agree more.

I clapped us off after the Colchester FAC defeat and Hull 6-0. 
    I don't remember "shouting abuse" at the players after those games, but I certainly didn't applaud them as they hadn't earnt any applause or thanks for those performances, and I doubt they would have expected it anyway
  • Options
    My opinion for a while is that Bowyer should go. I think we need a change of ideas which may even save this season. 

However if TS is backing him, then I truly hope Bowyer can turn it round and would be delighted to be proven wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell that to Bowyer in 17/18 or Powell in 10/11
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    Yes as a joke, using a :smile: face.  After someone said that about anyone who dare doubt Lee Bowyer on this thread.  That caused a 3 page fracas. 

Anyway it doesn't matter, if you missed the joke and thought I was applying to you or @Rothko I apologise. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dannoo_86 said:
    Whatever happened to supporting your team through thick and thin? Some of the posts on here are quite simply embarrassing.

As for the disrespect being shown to Bowyer when things ain’t going our way just remember when our club was desperately on its knees Bowyer stood by us and kept our club alive. He has earn’t through his loyalty to us a summer with no distractions, no shit owners, no transfer embargo and no wage cap.
    See this argument a lot, and I don't really understand it. What exactly did Bowyer do, to keep our club alive? It was fans groups that uncovered ES1 2, it was Lauren and Mihail who prevailed in court, and it was Sandgaard who bought us - and ultimately saved us.

Bowyer has been manager through a very difficult period, no doubt. But can he be credited with keeping the club alive? If he'd gone, we would have had a replacement (probably a shit one) and still likely have been relegated. 
    Absolutely this, also would bowyer have stuck it out in that period if he had been offered something better? When I say better I mean better, so don’t start throwing places like Cardiff and Huddersfield about. Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, West Ham etc. Not that I think he would be good enough for any of those... at the moment.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    Yes as a joke, using a :smile: face.  After someone said that about anyone who dare doubt Lee Bowyer on this thread.  That caused a 3 page fracas. 

Anyway it doesn't matter, if you missed the joke and thought I was applying to you or @Rothko I apologise. 
    Just for information, I've sadly gone through my 12 posts on this thread, and have never used that expression about anyone. 
  • Options
    If TS leaves LB in charge long enough things will eventually have to improve - it might be a long blip but all the LB devotees will be happy. 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 

Just for information, I've sadly gone through my 12 posts on this thread, and have never used that expression about anyone. 
    I neither said or implied you did. 
  • Options
    Fair enough. Thomas wants to give Lee a crack next season. I’m ok with that but wary. Make no mistake the summer will be Lee’s transfer window and I’m thinking that our dealings will not be matched by anyone else in league one. Promotion will be fully expected and LB won’t have anywhere to hide. I’m really hoping the signings and Lee do the bizzo and I’m sure this time next year we’ll be buzzing. 
    Lee's performance as a manager this season has been utterly dreadful - I find it hard to believe TS will leave him in charge next season. I must be missing something?
  • Options
    Fair enough. Thomas wants to give Lee a crack next season. I’m ok with that but wary. Make no mistake the summer will be Lee’s transfer window and I’m thinking that our dealings will not be matched by anyone else in league one. Promotion will be fully expected and LB won’t have anywhere to hide. I’m really hoping the signings and Lee do the bizzo and I’m sure this time next year we’ll be buzzing. 
    Lee's performance as a manager this season has been utterly dreadful - I find it hard to believe TS will leave him in charge next season. I must be missing something?
    The fact he's apparently gone through TalkSport today backing him?

Either its the vote of confidence or even through this run, TS has no intention of sacking him regardless where we finish
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Pathetic 
    Must have misread the pretty clear implication here 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!