Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    It seems LB is here for a little longer which to some, given the majority of performances/managerial decisions this season have been bewildering, is baffling but in the words of a once great man.......

’It is what it is’.
    Indeed, AUN.

And may I be the first to say " Content de te revoir, mon ami. C'est comme ca".

Je ne parle pas francais.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MattF said:
    Paul Cook probably going elsewhere (not that it looks like Bowyer is off yet)

League One looking like it might be a fair bit stronger next season.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Thomas wants to give Lee a crack next season. I’m ok with that but wary. Make no mistake the summer will be Lee’s transfer window and I’m thinking that our dealings will not be matched by anyone else in league one. Promotion will be fully expected and LB won’t have anywhere to hide. I’m really hoping the signings and Lee do the bizzo and I’m sure this time next year we’ll be buzzing. 
    Lee's performance as a manager this season has been utterly dreadful - I find it hard to believe TS will leave him in charge next season. I must be missing something?
    The fact he's apparently gone through TalkSport today backing him?

Either its the vote of confidence or even through this run, TS has no intention of sacking him regardless where we finish
    Thomas has seen exactly the same as us and fair play to him he feels Lee deserves an unhindered season to show what he’s got. We know LB has something because we’ve all seen and experienced it. Let’s now all go with it and enjoy the ride. Summer will be exciting and fingers crossed we can fill The Valley and see some top notch performances. 
    I have absolutely no idea why TS would leave LB in charge based on our performances and results this season. I really don't get it.
    Maybe he's concerned about the parallels with Duchatalet sacking Powell, and doesn't want to get a reputation as a trigger happy new owner?
  • Options
    Big game tonight. I love what Lee has done for us, forever grateful of holding the club together during the last couple of years. 
    But, and it pains me to say, he's lost his way now, and all the tinkering is a sign of a man desperate to find a winning formula. He has moved away from his ethos. 
    Lose tonight and surely his journey with us should end. And I'm gutted to write that. 
  • Options
    Look at his name 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ozaddick said:
    Big game tonight. I love what Lee has done for us, forever grateful of holding the club together during the last couple of years. 
    But, and it pains me to say, he's lost his way now, and all the tinkering is a sign of a man desperate to find a winning formula. He has moved away from his ethos. 
    Lose tonight and surely his journey with us should end. And I'm gutted to write that. 
    Who’s playing tonight?
    Don’t be a prat 

Massive game for Steve Bruce at home to Wolves. 

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    ozaddick said:
    Who’s playing tonight?
    Don’t be a prat 

What a charming person you must be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he has lost it, but I think he might be able to get it back, but not this season. 

I think he should get until October next year, take the summer and see if he put together a strong squad, if after that we arent where we need to be it's time to move on. 

We are so far away from being anywhere really, I'm not sure it even matters. 

We won't go down, but this season is over. 

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    I think he has lost it, but I think he might be able to get it back, but not this season. 

I think he should get until October next year, take the summer and see if he put together a strong squad, if after that we arent where we need to be it's time to move on. 

We are so far away from being anywhere really, I'm not sure it even matters. 

We won't go down, but this season is over. 
    It’s not so much the squad, but the management of the players in the squad that’s the issue? (Which might be what you’re saying?)
    If you fill the squad with great players then it will be easier to win matches, whoever the manager is. But some managers will get them to perform better, and win more matches, than others. Could make the difference between automatic promotion and struggling into the playoffs. I don’t know if Bowyer’s that man. Of course, he might be. 
    It’s a really difficult predicament for the owner of the club, although it looks like he’s adopting the patient approach.
  • Options
    I personally don't know why all the managerial issues with players/team selection/tactics/morale etc can't be sorted by them all having a nice meal together with proper napkins. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    ozaddick said:
    Who’s playing tonight?
    Don’t be a prat 

What a charming person you must be.
    Was quite clearly a joke. But then again you’ve repeatedly proven you have almost zero personality or sense of humour recently so I’m not surprised you missed it. 
  • Options
    Almost? I assumed he was on the minus figures.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    When is enough, enough? 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    When is enough, enough? 

I'm not a bowyer out chap but if we don't get anything out this game, then we need to make changes. The managers got to go.

Need a fresh start. It all evidently now sounds a lot more problematic then expected.

Wait for the final whistle.
  • Options
    'We aren't doing much wrong' 
  • Options
    Even if it isn't Bowyer's fault, I think morale needs a "circuit breaker."

That circuit breaker needs to be a big change that resets the players minds.

The easiest way to do that is to replace the manager. 

Too late for this season anyway to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's quite a big contrast in comparison to the character he was 18months ago.

Doesn't make any sense. People don't change that much...and in the short space of time.

Think he's just worn out and needs to go.
  • Options
    The second the full time whistle went at home the 24th placed club.  That was the moment, teams meeting 9am next morning, clear your desk.

But no, we are stuck with this depressing turnout for another 15 games, at least.
  • Options
    GET HIM OUT OF THE CLUB NOW 
  • Options
    Yes he has
  • Options
    Slag me off if you have to but I genuinely hope this ends 0-4, least it might make TS even consider it.
  • Options
    Delivery for a Mr Bowyer............... 
  • Options
    Absolutely no shape - No tactics - No style of play. Fuming. 
  • Options
    Defending Bowyer's position as manager in any shape or form is delusion, no two ways of looking at it. 
    That isn't to say that it is all his fault, nor to ignore his past achievements with the club, but a change of manager is absolutely needed right now. Stop clinging on to 'a run' or the hope that he'll magically turn it around in the Summer window, the man is devoid of ideas. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!