Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    We've played worse than today, Gillingham scored some good goals.

I still don't think Bowyer is the man to get us promoted, be it this season or next. 
  • Options
    I think the defence is our issue and there's not an alternative manager that would get more out of them.

If we get Inniss and Famewo back then the side will look completely different but time is running out in terms of this season.

Think he deserves the season and especially when he hasn't had his first choice centre backs for over half of it.

Tired of the flip flopping depending on whether we win or lose.
    Are you seriously saying that no other manager could have done a better job? 
  • Options
    The decision not to sign a single defensively minded player (let alone an actual defender) in January when we conceded 20 goals in 12 games in December and January will lose Bowyer his job. It might not happen before the end of the season, but the defence, and his reckless attitude to doing anything about it, has written off any prospect of promotion in what is a substandard league.

I think you’re right, but I’d love to know who was behind that decision. I might be wrong but suspect it was not Bowyer. I’m not convinced how much say he has over the signings of individuals or positions. 
    Tend to agree. 

The idea that a very inexperienced manager has complete overview of our budget and signing of players seems very misguided. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We desperately need a defensive coach brought in.
  • Options
    The decision not to sign a single defensively minded player (let alone an actual defender) in January when we conceded 20 goals in 12 games in December and January will lose Bowyer his job. It might not happen before the end of the season, but the defence, and his reckless attitude to doing anything about it, has written off any prospect of promotion in what is a substandard league.

I think you’re right, but I’d love to know who was behind that decision. I might be wrong but suspect it was not Bowyer. I’m not convinced how much say he has over the signings of individuals or positions. 
    Personally, that feels like you're reaching to find an excuse for him. Don't think there's any evidence of that, and he's got to be held accountable for it.
  • Options
    Love to be watching us underachieving then...🤔
  • Options
    Well that makes Zero sense - we are overachieving sitting outside the play offs with a load of players most league one managers would have loved to sign.

and if we don’t make the play offs the convo re his job may happen.

well seeing as we are outside the play offs is he suggesting Thomas won’t think we are currently overachieving?
  • Options
    At least Lee hasn't lost his sense of humour. Hopefully TS will give him a pay rise...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I would imagine the user of overachieving is a mistake and he means underachieving. It would make sense with the rest of his sentence. If he actually meant overachieving then perhaps he needs to be sectioned.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We desperately need a defensive coach brought in.
    Steve Brown wont let you down. I say get him in. 
  • Options
    Imagine where we'd be if we hadn't had that winning run when TS first took over!!
  • Options
    I think this is the sort of stage where you start to behind the scenes sound out Paul Cook and see if he's interested.

With most managers linked or who realistically would be interested, you can talk yourself into them doing a good job if Bowyer was to go like the Cowleys and give excuses for why they struggled at Huddersfield etc.

But Cook just seems a bit of a no brainer and has been a success everywhere he has been so far (well ignoring his very first job). Kind of like Wilder was back in the day when he was choosing between us and Shefff Utd (how different could that have been).

I'm not going to pretend to have watched his teams loads to know about his history, or how his team play but when you look at literal results, he seems like he's who you'd want if you have a decent League One team and want to get promoted.

If the right manager isn't out there, I'm not against giving Bowyer to the Summer to see what happens, I know Chris Powell worked having a bit of time with the squad before the next season but I think you've seen enough managers been able to come right in and do a job if they are good so I don't think we need to rush it... but I think the right manager is sitting right there without a club at the moment, and is only available really because of the ridiculous situation going on at Wigan

Your final paragraph gives me hope Bowyer can replicate Chrissy Powell's record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I’d be amazed if that was true. Do you know something?
    Not got a clue @Uboat I don’t know anything that goes on at Charlton. Just my own thoughts. No doubt the salary cap had a massive impact on January recruitment though. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Personally, that feels like you're reaching to find an excuse for him. Don't think there's any evidence of that, and he's got to be held accountable for it.
    You may well be right mate, it’s a thought not a fact 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Thank God they're in charge.
  • Options
    I think this is the sort of stage where you start to behind the scenes sound out Paul Cook and see if he's interested.

With most managers linked or who realistically would be interested, you can talk yourself into them doing a good job if Bowyer was to go like the Cowleys and give excuses for why they struggled at Huddersfield etc.

But Cook just seems a bit of a no brainer and has been a success everywhere he has been so far (well ignoring his very first job). Kind of like Wilder was back in the day when he was choosing between us and Shefff Utd (how different could that have been).

I'm not going to pretend to have watched his teams loads to know about his history, or how his team play but when you look at literal results, he seems like he's who you'd want if you have a decent League One team and want to get promoted.

If the right manager isn't out there, I'm not against giving Bowyer to the Summer to see what happens, I know Chris Powell worked having a bit of time with the squad before the next season but I think you've seen enough managers been able to come right in and do a job if they are good so I don't think we need to rush it... but I think the right manager is sitting right there without a club at the moment, and is only available really because of the ridiculous situation going on at Wigan
    I think Paul Cook is the one manager out there that you could talk me into getting on board with right now. Problem is, he's sitting on his hands waiting for a stable Championship gig. Maybe if nothing comes up before the beginning of next season, he'd consider a L1 promotion contender.
  • Options
     Asking for a mate. Has Lee Bowyer done any of the coaching badges and after 2012 when he stopped playing what was he been doing up to Carl Robinson actually employing him as coach? 
  • Options
    I see we’re back to the insane post match comments from Bowyer. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    There you have it. Yes he has lost it. 
    If he had any sense he'd keep his mouth shut...
  • Options
    I think the kids say "big yikes"...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!