Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, I hope someone is planning hard for the rebuild in the summer. Could easily see up to 15 players leave. 

Even if we roll the dice and bring a new manager we are only going to be fighting to sneak 6th and try to beat stronger and better teams in the play offs.

I would give Bowyer to the rest of the season, unless we can get Paul Cook.
  • Options
     Asking for a mate. Has Lee Bowyer done any of the coaching badges and after 2012 when he stopped playing what was he been doing up to Carl Robinson actually employing him as coach? 

Fishing.
  • Options
    If Bowyer thinks these players are overachieving I am stunned. This game was always going to have goals, but I didn't expect a loss with head or heart 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Im feeling shades of the last few months of Karl Robinsons reign recently. 

I still think that LB has the rest of this season and the beginning of next, unless our league position absolutely nosedives from now. If we get to the end of Sept next season and our form is still poor, then I think TS will pull the trigger. No excuses if he's had a full summer to get his squad polished. 

TS won't want to be in L1 come Aug 2022 that's for sure. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Did he really say the team is over achieving??

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Did he really say the team is over achieving??

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!!!
    Yeah that feels like a quote that might go down in infamy.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not being funny, I genuinely suspect he meant to say underachieving. It wouldn't make sense to say overachieving.
  • Options
    Starting to think whether he ever had it? Showing now that we were a massive one man team with Taylor.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MattF said:
    There you have it. Yes he has lost it. 
    If he had any sense he'd keep his mouth shut...
    Difficult when there's a press conference and you're the interviewee. And you're asked a direct question about your job.
    Okay if he had any sense he wouldn't say he was overachieving unless he was saying it to raise a laugh.
  • Options
    Not being funny, I genuinely suspect he meant to say underachieving. It wouldn't make sense to say overachieving.
    And yet he did, apparently twice unless Benjy and Crowley are both reporting on a single conversation.
  • Options
    Overachieving? Lol. With our squad the play offs are an absolute minimum.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think Bowyer lost it for a spell and has improved of late, but his poor tactical and man management from earlier in the season have taken confidence away from the team and given us a soft underbelly which we haven't fully recovered from.

I would have changed him quite a few games ago. A new manager can give a bounce and God knows we need a bounce right now. But I think we have him for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Don't think there was much else Bows could do today tbh.

We are clearly missing crowds at home.
    As someone said in the match thread, no crowds at home are probably saving his bacon, Danish bacon.

I just think Bowyer is a shit coach, a Charlton legend BUT a shit coach.

May come to him with more experience but it will keep us in L1, along with shit refs and pub teams of course!

You don’t get promoted out of this league if you’re a shit coach...
    He isn’t getting us promoted. He has regressed so much since the promotion that I don’t think it should be used in his defence. 
  • Options
    Ah, that could explain it. So when Sandgaard said to him in January “do you need another centre back” and he said “no” he actually misspoke because he meant to say “of course, you watch the streams, our defence is an embarrassment to modern football”?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Ah, that could explain it. So when Sandgaard said to him in January “do you need another centre back” and he said “no” he actually misspoke because he meant to say “of course, you watch the streams, our defence is an embarrassment to modern football”?
    You can't deny it's a possibility 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Look forward to the summer and a new spirit of positivity from a leadership team.  This season has gone.
    If that’s true, in mid Feb, it’s an absolute disgrace. 
    Yup.

Accrington are going to overtake us by scoring more than two points in their 4 games in hand.

Every team above us have more points and games in hand until you get to Hull in 2nd.

And LB saying things like "it was the red card".
    We should have been winning at that point but do you think the red card didn’t have a bearing on the game? I’m leaning towards bowyer out but if we had chucks for the last 20 minutes, I think we would have won today. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Another defeat for Liverpool today. 2 wins from the last 7 games, not won at home since mid-December. 

Van Dijk's injured, blah, blah, blah, Gomez is injured, blah, blah, blah. As if that's a reasonable excuse! Klopp's clearly lost it, bloke hasn't got a clue. Can't believe they've not sacked him yet and brought in Paul Jones or Danny Cowley.
    Good comparison if it wasn't for Liverpools succes over the last few years 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    se9addick said:
    You can't deny it's a possibility 
    I can’t deny that you want it to be possible.
  • Options
    He should go just for saying we are overachieving. Mental.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think the defence is our issue and there's not an alternative manager that would get more out of them.

If we get Inniss and Famewo back then the side will look completely different but time is running out in terms of this season.

Think he deserves the season and especially when he hasn't had his first choice centre backs for over half of it.

Tired of the flip flopping depending on whether we win or lose.
    Are you seriously saying that no other manager could have done a better job? 
    No doubt some would get more from this squad - plenty would do similar or worse too, think Slade, Parkinson, Robinson and personally I’d include Powell in that group as well.

I’d want a big rebuild if we somehow went up with this squad, it would seriously struggle in the Championship.

I find it difficult to blame Bowyer and Gallen for that when they had to sign over 10 players in two weeks with the salary cap in place. I think it’s safe to assume very few promotion sides have been built in similar circumstances.

I’m not fully Bowyer in or out at the moment. For me if we change manager it’s probably
    not going to resolve the main issues, I see it more likely to end in the way Powell’s first season did and we’d come to accept this squad isn’t quite up to it. Too many players who are good on paper and yet at the same time many of them we’d happily replace in the summer.

It’ll be interesting to see what TS does if
    anything over the next few months. A few decisions could be the difference between his plan and ambition coming together or several years of us sloshing around in this league.
    Powell inherited a hopeless squad from Parky and couldn't do anything with them - Parky was pretty unfairly sacked in my view given the dross he was working with then.

Bowyer has a much better squad than Parky had and we're basically showing relegation form over the last 18 games - a bit more than a blip. He's underachieving and if he continues like this he fully deserves the sack. The patience of TS will run out...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!