Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Take that all day long.

Although our finishing was like the players were wearing banana-boots, at least we created the opportunities.

Some good displays from some unexpected quarters today too.

All in all a much more positive performance.  COYR.
  • Options
    Great result, should have been more against a woeful side. Onto Tuesday now
  • Options
    Have we suddenly become a dirty team? Was it a deserved red?

Only downer now is that Pearce and Pratley will both be available!

Hopefully, only Prats comes in, in his rightful position, whaddya think?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schwartz needs to get up to match fitness soon, the rest of our strikers are dire in front of goal. 
    Very harsh on Chuks
    And Washington who converts just under 1 in 3 shots.
  • Options
    I thought we played well - we looked organised and a ‘team’ playing for each other - yes some bad misses, but clean sheet away from home and a win - can’t argue with that - we were much better than recent performances - whilst he blocked Gunter’s shot, I think Ronnie looks a class player - when he fully fit, he will be too good for League 1

Only worry is these bloody red cards - we need to nip these in the bud

Anyway - a Charlton - rejoice !!!
  • Options
    Schwartz needs to get up to match fitness soon, the rest of our strikers are dire in front of goal. 

You have a bad memory, Chuks wasn't as sharp today but he has 8 goals. 
    9?
  • Options
    Well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder how many more games Bowyer has got left before Sandgaard pulls the trigger.
    After today's result, at least one more.
  • Options
    So glad just to see and feel us win. 

We are learning more about key players in positions now Well done to Bogle for grafting. Schwartz looks a proper footballer and was unlucky with a slip for a chance he used to take for fun. 

Lets play players on merit and not because we have our favourites. Osh showed why a CB should be starting ahead of CM at the back. JFC benefitting from a run, and not being rotated. 

Well done to all.
  • Options
    The right team, the right subs. If we didn't win that not even I could blame Bowyer. 

Pratley and Pearce in for Matthews and Morgan on Tuesday and make everyone earn their place.  

Evolution not revolution for the rest of the season.  This squad is good enough for the player offs as a minimum.
  • Options
    Really important win and fantastic to get a clean sheet, Oshilaja was excellent from start to finish. 

Laddick01 said:
    Bogle was actually really good. Wanted him to finish that 1on1

Schwartz a bit unlucky but I’m not worried about him. Had shown enough already, think he’ll be very good this season.

Finally Deji at CB. Amazing how that gets us a clean sheet.

Come on, he wasn’t bad but he wasn’t “really good”. 
  • Options
    Let  us not get to carried away, We only just beat a poor team. We allowed them to many chances to score and better teams will take those and beat us. So lets be thankful for the 3pts. Play like that against Peterborough and it will be 3 or  4 nil to them.
  • Options
    Speak laaaad
  • Options
    3 points and a clean sheet. What's not too like ? Deji MOM today for me