Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The Maddison update does not sound good. We can keep moaning about the salary cap but are using money on players who are crocked or not a club fit then. 

A tight knit squad is possible. Just need complete unity and spirit.  
  • Get rid of him, waste of space, free up for another place in the squad.
  • If that's Bows being tactful, maybe honesty suits him best!
  • edited January 2021
    He’s ill, he isn’t ill, he’s injured, he isn’t injured, I’ve seen him from distance, I haven’t seen him, his friend has Covid, he hasn’t got Covid.

christ on a bike.
    Seems like Bowyer simply doesn't like him.

He has been to see the fitness team yesterday to see when he can start training again, seems like he's keen to get back at it.

I'm starting to lose the hope I have for him, let's hope he proves me wrong.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He’s ill, he isn’t ill, he’s injured, he isn’t injured, I’ve seen him from distance, I haven’t seen him, his friend has Covid, he hasn’t got Covid.

christ on a bike.
    Seems like Bowyer simply doesn't like him.

He has been to see the fitness team yesterday to see when he can start training again, seems like he's keen to get back at it.

I'm starting to lose the hope I have for him, let's hope he proves me wrong.
    Wouldn’t you think Maddison would also make time to come over and say hello to his manager while being there. Fear they just don’t get along. 
  • Would not be at all surprised if we never see him play for us again
    Shame because he has talent but something obviously is not right 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes from those quotes, he’s toast. 
  • I don't think that is a coincidence but it's definitely a waste of money then! 
  • edited January 2021
    Maybe a coincidence but been noticeable how much more of a ‘working for each other’ team we’ve become since he’s come out the squad.

I suspect it’s not
    2+2 = 5?

There's been loads of changes since he's been out, including making new signings and bedding them in.

We played him in the free role once and he was dominant. We're now playing a flat 4-4-2 I don't see him fitting that.

If we go diamond, there's few other players I'd consider at the tip of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s why I said maybe.

personally, I have in my head that the bloke is a bad apple. Always thought that, but who knows, I could be wrong.
    I think you're possibly right, but bad apples can be managed. Not sure Lee is the man for that job with his absence of patience.
  • RedChaser said:
    Bowyer really dislikes him doesn't he. 

Lee can keep moaning about the salary cap, but he's wasted a fair chunk of it himself here by alienating Maddison 
    Bowyers the boss, shape up or ship out. How do you know he doesn’t like him, what’s that assumption based on? Maddison has got previous for being a disruptive influence hasn’t he? Why couldn’t he get into the Hull team 2nd half of last season? No smoke without fire.

Bowyer sees him in training (when he’s fit) and if his attitude is not right why should he be mollycoddled? The bloke is taking up a salary and no wonder LBs moaning about the cap. The fella needs to get his act together and roll his sleeves up.
     I'm concerned as to why we spent so much time and effort chasing him if he's that disruptive.

Scouts, players and other managers would have given opinions on him. 

I'm concerned if we've still put in the effort to sign him and he's as bad as some are insinuating.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maybe a coincidence but been noticeable how much more of a ‘working for each other’ team we’ve become since he’s come out the squad.

I suspect it’s not
    2+2 = 5?

There's been loads of changes since he's been out, including making new signings and bedding them in.

We played him in the free role once and he was dominant. We're now playing a flat 4-4-2 I don't see him fitting that.
    He doesn't fit in any of the, many, formations Bowyer plays.  He can't play wide in a front 3.  He can play as a 10, he is a bit of a defensive liability wide in a 442.

I don't mean this a a dig or sarcastically but Bowyer either lies about trying to sign players previously to make the signing sound more wanted or he is a poor judge of a player and person. 

I think you can look at a lot of our players and say he is a "Gallen signing" and some that are a "Bowyer signing" and one who is a "Thomas (S) signing".

The same was true with Powell.  Chappel got a lot of the credit but almost every player we signed that summer had either played with Powell, against Powell or against us the previous season.   I don't think Bowyer had even heard of half the players we have signed in the last 3 years but they are the half that have over performed. 
  • MrLargo said:
    Annoying, cos he's a very, very talented player. But Peterborough didn't pull up any trees to keep him, I recall their chairman sounding quite pleased to see the back of him, and he did absolutely nothing at Hull.

So whilst I've been a bit concerned about Bowyer slating players in public recently, in this case he definitely gets the benefit of the doubt. Strikes me as a lower league Ravel Morrison, destined to spend his career moving from club to club because he won't put the work in to match his ability.
    249 games for Posh over 6 seasons hardly suggests a Ravel Morrison type
    But the fact he played more games for Peterborough than Marriot, Washington, Toney, Assombalonga put together makes you wonder why no one bought him to go with one of them?

If the reason they scored goals was Maddison why not buy him as well?