Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maddison

123457»

Comments

• Options
    So how do we make sure we also look at potential signings personality, so we sign the right people going forward?

The red flags were  all there, was it just the fact we were skint and blinded by his numbers that we signed him?

Would MM still have come of the ‘black box’ if we were using it back then?
    Maddison was a classic low financial risk, high reward signing that just didn't work out for us. It was still a decent bet for us to make and I'd be surprised if the black box doesn't target similar players in the future.
  • Options
    I think his goal against Plymouth was one of my highlights of last season. 

I saw lots of stuff that I liked from him, his willingness to get the ball into the box quickly and that ability to create something out of nothing like the Plymouth goal.

Sadly a combination of mental health issues, and also the fact that he is clearly just a bit of a melon, meant that he never lived up to the potential that he had. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    If the Black Box can pick out Soure a player who nearly lost his leg and hadn’t played for 2 years then I’m sure MM would have looked a dead cert.

feel sorry for the guy and his troubles but he still seems to think he can just turn up and get a contract somewhere 
    Probably can’t pin that one on the Black Box. It was a recommendation from Dougie Freedman to Steve Gallen, Souré seemed to impress during a trial.
  • Options
    edited February 2022