Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maddison

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Fosu left after his relationship broke down with Lee Bowyer. I couldn't have been the only person who thought he had talent but had lost his way.  

Maddison at 27 should be at his peak and tearing up League 1.

The omens don't look good after Bowyers words after MM short Bizarre cameo in his last match.

Personally gutted as he is the best striker of a football in our squad.

Fosu is typical of the sort of player Bowyer struggles with. 
    Oztumer 
    Williams 
    Maddison 
    All on that list. 
    Fosu plays best on the left side of a three. When he does not play there I think he is poor. Not a winger, not a striker. Robinson should always be his manager as any manager that does not play a three up front is going to struggle with Fosu. 
    I don’t think Williams should be on that list and has recently shown the desire to track back. I think it is his lack of goals and assists that count against him. He is now a good sub impact player for me, and I have a lot of respect for any player that can join the fray and immediately start performing. That is not easy.

This thread is about Maddison though. Could you even in your wildest dreams imagine him making the challenge on our goal line that Millar made Tuesday? Millar has that winning mentality on top of his talent. 
    We should all struggle with a player that does not give 100% for every minute he is on the pitch, and to do that you must also perform in training.
    "Could you even in your wildest dreams imagine him making the challenge on our goal line that Millar made Tuesday?" 

I could even imagine MM making a goal line headed clearance in the 86th or whatever minute against Sunderland that saved us from losing in his first 10mins on the pitch for us...

• Options
    And millar would never pull out of a tackle like Maddison did 
    Can we stop going on like this is the terrible crime Mad Lee thinks it is?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Fed up with reading about the bloke. Some people seem to think hes the messiah and are very willing to take his side over a bloke who has sweated blood for the club over the past few years. Shame on you.

If Bowyer doesnt rate him or want to play him that's fine with me. Hes the boss and he will have seen more of the player than any of us. That's his job and he stands or falls by his decisions. 

How about just backing him when the chips are down. Rather than picking over everything and trying to bring him down because you think you know better about a player you've barely seen. 
    All you have to do is skip one thread to stop being fed up reading about him :) 
  • Options
    Fosu left after his relationship broke down with Lee Bowyer. I couldn't have been the only person who thought he had talent but had lost his way.  

Maddison at 27 should be at his peak and tearing up League 1.

The omens don't look good after Bowyers words after MM short Bizarre cameo in his last match.

Personally gutted as he is the best striker of a football in our squad.

Fosu is typical of the sort of player Bowyer struggles with. 
    Oztumer 
    Williams 
    Maddison 
    All on that list. 
    All of them were available to us for a reason, only Fosu has gone on to better things.

Fosu didn't suit Bowyer's system at the time and wasn't willing or able to up his work rate. Maybe he's learnt from that and improved since - Brentford will have high expectations considering they're aiming for promotion to the Prem.

Oztumer only ever stood out when playing regularly for a smaller League 1 club. We didn't have the budget to sign a more proven flair player, we brought him in as a squad player and that's what he was for us. Did anyone really think he'd go beyond that and stand out in the Championship?

Williams has carried on doing what he did at Palace - being a squad player who's never fit enough to play regularly. Difficult to see him ever playing regularly even at League 1 level, never mind higher up.

I won't write Maddison off yet but he's got a lot to do to prove he should play regularly again in this league - I'm not sure he'll find another club like Peterborough who accept his limitations and play him regularly regardless.

If Bowyer isn't capable of managing these players then with the right manager they should go on to prove him wrong.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Can we stop going on like this is the terrible crime Mad Lee thinks it is?
    He subbed off Williams and Maddison and slaughtered them in the press for this, but no mention of Millar not getting a toe on Swindon's goal...

Good to see Millar seemingly listening and developing... 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9lfD1NDJH4

Pulling out of a tackle is only bad when both David Beckham and Paul Scholes do it in the same move to help knock England out of a World Cup ;)
  • Options
    Ashley Cole doesn't take the yellow too. Oh god it's all there. Bowyer probably watched it and had a fit he wasn't in the team lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do you know that? 
    Think that was tongue in cheek, could be wrong.

He's dived maybe 3 or 4 times since joining and jumped a couple of tackles.
  • Options
    How do you know that? 
    I think it is in reference to the 2nd Swindon goal when Miller did not get stuck in enough allowing their player to win the ball and get the goal
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that there must be something going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. It is a real shame because if something cannot be resolved both sides are losing out. LB obviously knows the talent is there to be a game changer but if the head isnt wired correctly not much anyone can do is there. I would love to see him whipping balls into the box for the strikers we now have to call on but I doubt it is something we will get to see 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    Not surprised.
  • Options
    Might start streaming Golden Eye on Gamecube. See how it goes....
  • Options
    I don't have much time for him personally. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for the lads mental health battles, and wish him well in the future. Inside was a Championship footballer, saw flashes of it with us. Needed too be loved for himself not his ability with a football.

But if he thinks football treats you like a robot, wait until he has to get up at 04.45 every morning to get to work to start a shift at 06.00am in the freezing cold, pissing rain, with the manager who couldn't give 
    a monkeys about you, your family, or mental, physical health. All for just above minimum wage.
    Because that is the reality for most working class people.

Yep, I think your well written post pretty much sum's up the way I feel about him & his situation. 
  • Options
    Sorry for the lads mental health battles, and wish him well in the future. Inside was a Championship footballer, saw flashes of it with us. Needed too be loved for himself not his ability with a football.

But if he thinks football treats you like a robot, wait until he has to get up at 04.45 every morning to get to work to start a shift at 06.00am in the freezing cold, pissing rain, with the manager who couldn't give 
    a monkeys about you, your family, or mental, physical health. All for just above minimum wage.
    Because that is the reality for most working class people.

spot on - he'd better hope he has a few quid tucked away, or else he's in for a shock when he really has to work
  • Options
    Very sad to see an obvious talent go to waste. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure he has decided to try once again to be a pro but I think he’s too far gone now.

can’t see this story ending particularly pleasantly at this rate 
  • Options
    edited December 2021

“It won’t be for a while and if I do it, it’s on my own terms,” 

Good luck with that Marcus. 

• Options
    HandG said:

“It won’t be for a while and if I do it, it’s on my own terms,” 

Good luck with that Marcus. 

Yup……all reeks of self importance / entitlement. 

You ain’t George Best mate. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Annoying, cos he's a very, very talented player. But Peterborough didn't pull up any trees to keep him, I recall their chairman sounding quite pleased to see the back of him, and he did absolutely nothing at Hull.
    Looking back on it, they did well there - got a few decent seasons out of him and then got some money in, whereas Hull, us and Bolton didn't see much from him.
  • Options
    So how do we make sure we also look at potential signings personality, so we sign the right people going forward?

The red flags were  all there, was it just the fact we were skint and blinded by his numbers that we signed him?

Would MM still have come of the ‘black box’ if we were using it back then?
  • Options
    If the Black Box can pick out Soure a player who nearly lost his leg and hadn’t played for 2 years then I’m sure MM would have looked a dead cert.

feel sorry for the guy and his troubles but he still seems to think he can just turn up and get a contract somewhere