Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    No chance this is going ahead.
  • Options
    From the radar it looks like the rain will stop before 3pm but not before the 2pm inspection.
  • Options
    Seeing as there are no fans to factor in, why can't the game be played an hour later? BBC forecast says heavy rain until 3pm then light rain from then on getting dryer.
    Not sure it'll dry up much in an hour!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why do people struggle so much?

It's Maatsen not Maartsen or Martsen or Matson or Maartson etc
    Blimey I've started a tsunami of posts here with my misspelling.
    So sorry it won't be happen again. 
    That's what  somebody posted yesterday but I'm not saying that.

Do me a favour Dazzler mate, just let it bounce off you if it happens again cos it probably will.
    Because age is catching up with me.
    It's not just you I see it in match threads too.
  • Options
    Not buying till it’s declared on. Can’t see it myself. My garden is underwater. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Excess water can be cleared without it just coming back. Portsmouth have had a long journey, we have prepared for the game. It isn't being televised outside of Valley Pass.
  • Options
    Here we go. Pitch inspection at 2pm. The pitch can't be any worse than Peterborough surely!! 
    Damage done to the pitch today will take weeks to recover at this time of year.
    Yeah, could be proper bobbly and bumpy when it dries out in Spring.

Difficult to play a short passing game on that.

• Options
    Hmm... Disappointing if it is called.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Its hardly like we have fixture pile up so I'd happily take a postponement....might even get a CB back for it.
  • Options
    Rain getting heavier here. Almost certainly off.
  • Options
    Seeing as there are no fans to factor in, why can't the game be played an hour later? BBC forecast says heavy rain until 3pm then light rain from then on getting dryer.
    looks fine by 9pm. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Call it off I'd say. Grass will be gone from the pitch for weeks/months.
    ...and Famewo will be back 😉
  • Options
    Not the end of the world if it is. A week to get Famewo, Watson, Shinnie, Maatsen and Washington fitter. Inniss a week closer. A week for Stockley to get more used to the squad. It won’t be the better football team that wins today’s game if it goes ahead. 
  • Options
    doesn't look any worse as that Peterborough pitch we had to play on the other week 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it the refs job to consider the long term damage to the pitch?

Its either safe/playable or its not? 
  • Options
    Why the Fuch didn’t they cover the pitch from yesterday Anyone with a brain knew the rain was coming from Friday 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Football is the only relief from the constant feeling of imprisonment caused by lockdown after lockdown.

I've played on worse pitches.
    Yeah it’s really depressing but this was going to be the highlight of my weekend. 
  • Options
    doesn't look any worse as that Peterborough pitch we had to play on the other week 
    And that really was terrible.
  • Options
    I think it'll be off, ref not happy upon arrival so doing a further inspection at 2. The last couple of hours have been pouring down so it will only have got considerably worse.

Who remembers that machine we had back in the premier league with the big sponge roller on it to pull up the water? Needed that today!
  • Options
    Not buying till it’s declared on. Can’t see it myself. My garden is underwater. 
    Sillybilly the Fish ...... ? :smile::

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Football is the only relief from the constant feeling of imprisonment caused by lockdown after lockdown.

I've played on worse pitches.
    Yeah it’s really depressing but this was going to be the highlight of my weekend. 
    More so than ever, the thought of Charlton on a Saturday has been getting me through the latter days of the week. 
  • Options

• Options
    cazo said:
    Why the Fuch didn’t they cover the pitch from yesterday Anyone with a brain knew the rain was coming from Friday 
    How do you know they didn't?