Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'll take that. Get a couple bodies in and Famewo back for next week. 
  • Options
    Minto said it 10 minutes ago on the stream. It’s off.
  • Options
    Yeah we'd best announce a cracking signing by 3pm 
  • Options
    tin pot club 
    Years of miss-management once again

Premier League Stadium that has been left to ruin thanks to the decade long issues at the top
  • Options
    At least the new drainage system is working well 🙄
  • Options
    Ah £uck it, I’m off down the pub.........
  • Options
    Someone obviously forgot to take the plug out
  • Options
    I thought RD had sorted us a nice new pitch..
  • Options
    Ah £uck it, I’m off down the pub.........
    This is hatespeech
  • Options
    Silver lining is that Famewo will hopefully be back. Disappointing my entertainment for the week is gone. Other London games going ahead. Pretty poor in this day and age that waterlogged pitch causes a postponement. Oh well. Rochdale next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where do they pump the water to ?  Presumably they are not allowed to send it straight into the main drains.  From my records over the last 16 years, 3 of the last 4 months are in the top 7 wettest.  Another 7mm today and January 2021 will be the wettest.  There is nowhere for water to go, the ground is saturated.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Any chance this can go ahead on Tuesday?

Portsmouth have a packed out month and a busy March. Getting played on Tuesday might not be a bad idea.
    I dont see why they cant just delay the game until even tonight

Whats the harm of keeping everyone around the place for a few further hours?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hex said:
    Where do they pump the water to ?  Presumably they are not allowed to send it straight into the main drains.  From my records over the last 16 years, 3 of the last 4 months are in the top 7 wettest.  Another 7mm today and January 2021 will be the wettest.  There is nowhere for water to go, the ground is saturated.

Yep. My garden is flooded for the first time ever. The melting snow plus all the rain and I now have a big pond! 
  • Options
    Baffled how Peterborough are allowed to play any games of that shit heap of a pitch.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Any chance this can go ahead on Tuesday?

Portsmouth have a packed out month and a busy March. Getting played on Tuesday might not be a bad idea.
    My thoughts as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Nicholas said:
    Baffled how Peterborough are allowed to play any games of that shit heap of a pitch.
    Well this exactly. There feels like there is no consistency. Apparently our pitch looks fine, but has just been softened by all rain.

You can't tell me Peterboroughs pitch was firm under foot!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    It hadn't rained before their game so it was firm under foot
  • Options
    Hex said:

Yet the only other 2 league games off with waterlogged pitches are Walsall and Northampton.
    They get far more rain oop north as well.
    Ridculous.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    It hadn't rained before their game so it was firm under foot
    It had though. There's pictures and video on the official social media channels showing this.

The sidewalks were flooded. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like it's going to be a foul day - a lot of rain this morning & rain from early on tomorrow. Don't think it will turn to snow but enough to get the game abandoned....??

Called it yesterday. 

You know you should all trust in Golfie....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Just getting geared up to follow the match thread, then this! Oh well, weekend entertainment spoiled so another 3 points shelved for the game next Tuesday. 
    Must find a way of draining the pitch for circumstances like this.
  • Options
    Blimey that’s quick. Isn’t there usually some rule about a week’s notice or something? Maybe not necessary with no fans.
  • Options
    I think it is to do with the Police which can't apply with nobody to police.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Yet the only other 2 league games off with waterlogged pitches are Walsall and Northampton.
    Ridculous.
    That’s down South for me 😉. Been very wet up here what with the snow on and off since beginning of the month apart from rain. The ground is absolutely sodden. We’ve had floods, the plague and just waiting for the locusts now 😰.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Hex said:

Ridculous.
    That’s down South for me 😉. Been very wet up here what with the snow on and off since beginning of the month apart from rain. The ground is absolutely sodden. We’ve had floods, the plague and just waiting for the locusts now 😰.
    We are not playing Millwall this season.
  • Options
    It’s not meant to stop raining between now and Tuesday 😂
  • Options
    Good for us. New signings can train more and gel hopefully injury list gets better and we can see what the landscape looks like as everyone games on us 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    It’s not meant to stop raining between now and Tuesday 😂
    BBC weather for Charlton (One raindrop means light rain)