Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Fingers crossed then. I think with the short gap between now and then, almost certainly Bowyer will stick exactly to his previous game plan and side. Results today went pretty well so a win on Tuesday will make the table look a bit better.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pompey are going to appeal the sending off. Hopefully they'll win and Jack Whatmough will get the chance to score 2 own goals and give away a penalty before being sent off!
    Won't he be suspended after his midweek red card?  I was hopping we would appeal it. 
    Stupid playing it Tuesday as he will still be suspended :smile:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pompey are going to appeal the sending off. Hopefully they'll win and Jack Whatmough will get the chance to score 2 own goals and give away a penalty before being sent off!
    Won't he be suspended after his midweek red card?  I was hopping we would appeal it. 
    Stupid playing it Tuesday as he will still be suspended :smile:
    Thats why Portsmouth wanted it to be played as soon as possible ;)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Baffled how Peterborough are allowed to play any games of that shit heap of a pitch.
    They were away today, but in any case, I doubt the Peterborough pitch would have passed fit today.

The pitch at MK at Tuesday was sticky and very heavy ..... and didn't play well at all.
    If they'd been given a home fixture today, that could have been a casualty too.

And we've all seen a pic of Northampton's pitch today. Game off, of course.

• Options
    Are we still doing players marks? Already had some pre-prepared and had Bogle down for a 4 if we are.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Hex said:
    At least the new drainage system is working well 🙄
    Where do they pump the water to ?  Presumably they are not allowed to send it straight into the main drains.  From my records over the last 16 years, 3 of the last 4 months are in the top 7 wettest.  Another 7mm today and January 2021 will be the wettest.  There is nowhere for water to go, the ground is saturated.

Yet the only other 2 league games off with waterlogged pitches are Walsall and Northampton.
    They get far more rain oop north as well.
    Ridculous.
    That’s down South for me 😉. Been very wet up here what with the snow on and off since beginning of the month apart from rain. The ground is absolutely sodden. We’ve had floods, the plague and just waiting for the locusts now 😰.
    Exactly and no games postponed oop north.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Hex said:
    Where do they pump the water to ?  Presumably they are not allowed to send it straight into the main drains.  From my records over the last 16 years, 3 of the last 4 months are in the top 7 wettest.  Another 7mm today and January 2021 will be the wettest.  There is nowhere for water to go, the ground is saturated.

Yet the only other 2 league games off with waterlogged pitches are Walsall and Northampton.
    Ridculous.
    That’s down South for me 😉. Been very wet up here what with the snow on and off since beginning of the month apart from rain. The ground is absolutely sodden. We’ve had floods, the plague and just waiting for the locusts now 😰.
    Down here in Cornwall we were deluged last night, heavy and steady rain most of the day ....... but just across the border, not so far away, Plymouth Argyle managed to play their game versus Accrington Stanley. 

Mind you, Home Park is on a hilltop rather than in The Valley. 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    Hex said:

Ridculous.
    Down here in Cornwall we were deluged last night, heavy and steady rain most of the day ....... but just across the border, not so far away, Plymouth Argyle managed to play their game versus Accrington Stanley. 

Mind you, Home Park is on a we hilltop rather than in The Valley. 

Haven’t we got a river quite close by as well? I have heard that mist is known to roll in as well. 😉
  • Options
    Now it's a Tuesday night, we will lose. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We won last Tuesday? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We won last Tuesday? ;)
    So we're due a Tuesday loss lol 

I honestly don't think it'll be affected in any way. Still a comfortable win. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I need to buy the stream again or will it transfer from Saturdays purchase ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Does anyone know if I need to buy the stream again or will it transfer from Saturdays purchase ?
    Will automatically transfer unless you've asked for a refund
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Amos 
    Matthews - Gunter - Oshilaja - Maatsen
    Smith
    Shinnie - F.Caskey
    Millar
    Aneke - Schwartz

Subs: M.Brewer, Purrington, Pearce, Pratley, Morgan, Gilbey, Stockley
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Valley Pass from Saturday is valid tomorrow night?
  • Options
    Unless you requested a refund, then your pass will still be valid. 
  • Options
    Wonder who will now referee the game tomorrow night. Bobby Madley has an efl trophy quarter final between Hull and Lincoln tomorrow night so won't be him. Now. Would personally like to see a championship referee on this one...... Apart from Keith Stroud 
  • Options
    Wonder who will now referee the game tomorrow night. Bobby Madley has an efl trophy quarter final between Hull and Lincoln tomorrow night so won't be him. Now. Would personally like to see a championship referee on this one...... Apart from Keith Stroud 
    Unfortunately both websites I use (both the EFL and a forum called "Rate the Ref") dont mention our re-arranged game
  • Options
    Unfortunately both websites I use (both the EFL and a forum called "Rate the Ref") dont mention our re-arranged game

That's the one I use as well mate. Rate the ref. Normally the re arranged games are up now. Very good website to use 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Unless you requested a refund, then your pass will still be valid. 
    @Dazzler21 thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @ForeverAddickted why is that funny?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Hex said:

Ridculous.
    Just as long as you don't get the killing of the first born.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @ForeverAddickted why is that funny?
    Because I answered the exact same question two posts up... Just made me chuckle
  • Options
    Haven't won an evening game under lights at home for years. Tues evening will just be another disappointment. Only positive is that we don't have to sit in the cold & the rain to watch us lose another "big" match.

1-3.
  • Options
    Rain forecast for this afternoon & evening, if it’s heavy, I can’t see the game going ahead. Is it the same ref as Saturday?
  • Options
    Haven't won an evening game under lights at home for years. Tues evening will just be another disappointment. Only positive is that we don't have to sit in the cold & the rain to watch us lose another "big" match.

1-3.
    Donny playoffs?
  • Options

1-3.
    Donny playoffs?
    Lost that one 3-2...
  • Options
    We did beat Fleetwood 3-2 on a Tuesday night this season though
  • Options
    Lee Swabey is the new referee for tonight's game