Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    BOOM that’s me basically invincible now
    Well done you... Don't tell me they gave you a sticker as that would just push me over the edge🤣.

Let us know if you get any issues as it seems loads of lifers are having second jabs today and tomorrow. 
  • Options
    1st dose has a longer shelf-life than the 2nd tsk tsk stock rotation people! 
  • Options
    Well done you... Don't tell me they gave you a sticker as that would just push me over the edge🤣.

Let us know if you get any issues as it seems loads of lifers are having second jabs today and tomorrow. 
    Despite all the crying there was no sticker unfortunately.

ive felt absolutely fine today, will update tomorrow but so far so good
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Had first vaccine 15 Feb, AZ. Never had second appointment. Was listening to football whilst working last night, bored, so went online to see if could book second vaccine. Did so, 8 May at 1pm so do that then home to see us secure 6th place. 

Don't know if I should have waited or what. That's an 11 week gap so hopefully ok. Also, I was given the choice of lots of vaccine centres but none was where I originally went. Second jab is much closer to home, and the first one was only a couple of miles.

Booked our second jabs yesterday online - 1 May. 11 weeks and a day.

Likewise, the centre where we had the first jab (4 miles from home) was not listed so had to opt for a pharmacy 13 miles away - not an issue though.
    I had my first jab after a text from the GP at a local centre. They gave me a date for the next one but I need to change it. Can I do this online? 
    Likewise (well my wife did and I just tagged along!). But they never gave us the date for the second jab.

Select 'Manage my appointments'. I entered my personal details and it automatically picked up I had had the first jab and offered the second jab venues. It did say 'You failed to attend your second appointment so you will need to book again' but ignore that (I hadn't) so it must be a default message.

Thank you for this tip.  Just booked both our second jabs as was worried as we are away for the whole of the 12th week in Dorset. I just got appointments by the skin of our teeth for the day before.  Got to go to the Excel but I dont care about that, its easy enough. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Had first vaccine 15 Feb, AZ. Never had second appointment. Was listening to football whilst working last night, bored, so went online to see if could book second vaccine. Did so, 8 May at 1pm so do that then home to see us secure 6th place. 

Don't know if I should have waited or what. That's an 11 week gap so hopefully ok. Also, I was given the choice of lots of vaccine centres but none was where I originally went. Second jab is much closer to home, and the first one was only a couple of miles.

Booked our second jabs yesterday online - 1 May. 11 weeks and a day.

Likewise, the centre where we had the first jab (4 miles from home) was not listed so had to opt for a pharmacy 13 miles away - not an issue though.
    bobmunro can you tell me the website you used to book your second appointment.
    I have tried the NHS booking website but when I complete my details it just goes back to the beginning.
    Www.pricksrus.com

• Options
    I haven't read all posts on this thread. Just wanted to ask a genuine question and thanks in advance for replying:

Are there any cases of people getting affected even after having the vaccine? Has anyone of you heard of such cases?

I'm considering getting the vaccine here in my country but so far no-one around me has done it. My mum has been persuading me to book my appointment but I'm a little concerned about side effects which is also one of the main reasons why none of my colleagues have taken the vaccine.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    I haven't read all posts on this thread. Just wanted to ask a genuine question and thanks in advance for replying:

Are there any cases of people getting affected even after having the vaccine? Has anyone of you heard of such cases?

I'm considering getting the vaccine here in my country but so far no-one around me has done it. My mum has been persuading me to book my appointment but I'm a little concerned about side effects which is also one of the main reasons why none of my colleagues have taken the vaccine.
    From what I hear the policy there has been to NOT vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable first, is that right?

The theory being that side effects are unknown and it should be tried on healthy "young-ish" adults first. I guess this is why it's available to you. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:

I had my first vaccine jab 11 weeks ago and am having my second jab this afternoon, after  my first jab I had no side effects, apart from a sore arm and that never lasted long, I  will post on here how I get on after my second jab.

I would  urge you to have the vaccine, it  will give you a  lot more protection.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Jessie said:

I would guess that the vaccine you are being offered is not the same as we are getting though??
  • Options
    Thanks Siv, Johnny and Baldybonce. Yes the vaccines we are having here definitely are not the same as yours.

I probably didn't make myself clear. I'm wondering how effective the vaccines are, despite yours are different to ours. If the vaccine is very effective ie. you haven't heard of any cases of being affected after having it, I think sooner or later I'll take it despite the risk of side effects. So basically I'm weighing up the pros and cons - I know this sounds stupid to you as it must be a no-brainer for you but... none of my relatives and nobody at my company has taken the vaccine so far. I guess it's partly because we live in a relatively safe area / city so not many people bother taking the vaccine. Some of my colleagues are concerned about the fact that it only took a short period of time for the vaccines to be developed (and it's the same case for all the Covid-19 vaccines) so they are skeptical. 
  • Options
    Every vaccine or drug will have a potential side effect which thankfully most people will neither encounter or notice. Like others on here. I’ve had the first jab and I’ve been OK. If I were you I’d have it, more so because you live in a country with such a huge population and setting aside whether that makes the country more vulnerable or not there is a logistical issue to consider - as great as the resources of the country are for manufacturing huge quantities of just about anything it won’t be able to manufacture sufficient quantities of vaccine quickly enough for domestic needs - you need raw materials and you are competing with 6 billion others on the planet to get them. If you can get to the front of the queue now it’s worth doing so. The virus seems to have had more impact on specific groups with underlying health issues so you might want to consider whether that puts you in a more at risk category or not.
  • Options
    Second jab booked for the 8th, another trip to Crawley for it. 
  • Options
    Every vaccine or drug will have a potential side effect which thankfully most people will neither encounter or notice. Like others on here. I’ve had the first jab and I’ve been OK. If I were you I’d have it, more so because you live in a country with such a huge population and setting aside whether that makes the country more vulnerable or not there is a logistical issue to consider - as great as the resources of the country are for manufacturing huge quantities of just about anything it won’t be able to manufacture sufficient quantities of vaccine quickly enough for domestic needs - you need raw materials and you are competing with 6 billion others on the planet to get them. If you can get to the front of the queue now it’s worth doing so. The virus seems to have had more impact on specific groups with underlying health issues so you might want to consider whether that puts you in a more at risk category or not.
    Thanks for the reply. My parents decide to have it soon. I'll probaly book an appointment too in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Thanks Siv, Johnny and Baldybonce. Yes the vaccines we are having here definitely are not the same as yours.

I probably didn't make myself clear. I'm wondering how effective the vaccines are, despite yours are different to ours. If the vaccine is very effective ie. you haven't heard of any cases of being affected after having it, I think sooner or later I'll take it despite the risk of side effects. So basically I'm weighing up the pros and cons - I know this sounds stupid to you as it must be a no-brainer for you but... none of my relatives and nobody at my company has taken the vaccine so far. I guess it's partly because we live in a relatively safe area / city so not many people bother taking the vaccine. Some of my colleagues are concerned about the fact that it only took a short period of time for the vaccines to be developed (and it's the same case for all the Covid-19 vaccines) so they are skeptical. 
    The vaccine reduces the serious effects of the virus but it is still possible to catch and transmit it.

I've had my first dose of the Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago but I still wear a mask whenever I'm out. 

Everybody should get vaccinated. No area is safe until this happens.
  • Options
    Anyone with a social conscience would want to get vaccinated and help to protect others, there can't be a full return to the old "normal" without a near complete take up.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Jessie said:
    Thanks for the reply. My parents decide to have it soon. I'll probaly book an appointment too in the coming weeks.
    Jessie, see below. You should get the vaccine. 

The vaccine roll-out has had a marked impact on hospitalisations and deaths. The number of deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test has been in single figures in London for the last 14 days, and only one or two deaths a day have been recorded in the last week.

The number of virus patients being admitted to London hospitals has fallen to about 30 a day. 

Crusty54 said:
    Jessie said:

The vaccine reduces the serious effects of the virus but it is still possible to catch and transmit it.

I've had my first dose of the Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago but I still wear a mask whenever I'm out. 

Everybody should get vaccinated. No area is safe until this happens.
    Thanks very much. Guess there's a lack of education regarding the Covid-19 vaccines here...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Jessie said:

Hello @Jessie I definitely think you should have the vaccine. The more people who do have it, the safer the whole world will be.

Your question about people getting infected after the vaccine is a very good question and I would like to see data on the people who are still being hospitalised and are dying. We still have over 300 people a day being admitted to hospital and I haven't seen any figures to show whether any of those have received a vaccine or the time lag after their injection, if they have received one. This to me, seems crucial to understanding how effective it is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The vaccine misinformation battle raging in France

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-56526265
  • Options
    I don't want to upset you but it looks like they gave him two. 
  • Options

Thanks for this cafcdave this is good to know. Both me and my lady are due to have our jab today and she is very nervous after a rough reaction to the the first jab. 
  • Options
    I was quite rough for 3 days after mine, but absolutely fine now .  Most people I know that have had it have been absolutely fine though. I’m a fair bit younger than most people that have had the jab and had covid before Christmas , very mildly, so my immune response was going to be strong . Definitely take it when offered .
  • Options
    Jessie said:

@jessie the side effects last about a day if you feel like you've got the flu and perhaps a little longer if you've got an ache in the arm.  Other side effects like blood clots are just scare stories - in fact, looking at the data about blood clots, it's less in vaccinated people than the general population so it's possible the vaccine helps to prevent clots.

Get the vaccine and encourage all your friends to get the vaccine.  It a lot of young people don't get it, the virus will have a reservoir in which to live and mutate, some of those mutations won't be stopped by current vaccines, so a lot of older people will get infected and die.  At some point, we're going to have to vaccinate children as well to stop this happening.
  • Options

Thanks for this cafcdave this is good to know. Both me and my lady are due to have our jab today and she is very nervous after a rough reaction to the the first jab. 
    Just shy of 24 hours since my second jab and I am absolutely fine. 

Obviously people will react differently but it’s definitely not a guarantee that your going to have any side effects 
  • Options
    Thanks @ME14addick @AddicksAddict

I just read through a thread on a Chinese forum and one person mentioned that if you've just had a tooth extraction and are on medication then you can't have the vaccine. It suddenly occured to me that I have two wisdom teeth that have been causing me slight pain for a few months because of possbile infections. Recently whenever I don't get enough sleep I feel uncomfortable with those two teeth and my head hurts so I have finally mustered up the courage and decided to go to the dentist next month to have the two teeth extracted. Obviously they can't be pulled at once and it will probably take two months at least. I've been dreading the tooth extraction for two years actually....

I fear there could be a risk of exacerbating the tooth infections if I take the vaccine before I solve my tooth problem ? :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Jessie said:

I just read through a thread on a Chinese forum and one person mentioned that if you've just had a tooth extraction and are on medication then you can't have the vaccine. It suddenly occured to me that I have two wisdom teeth that have been causing me slight pain for a few months because of possbile infections. Recently whenever I don't get enough sleep I feel uncomfortable with those two teeth and my head hurts so I have finally mustered up the courage and decided to go to the dentist next month to have the two teeth extracted. Obviously they can't be pulled at once and it will probably take two months at least. I've been dreading the tooth extraction for two years actually....

I fear there could be a risk of exacerbating the tooth infections if I take the vaccine before I solve my tooth problem ? :'(
    Both of the Chinese manufactured vaccines are the very traditional, tried and tested inactivated vaccines where a small amount of viral particles are injected in the body enough to elicit an immune response but not enough to cause a problem. There is nothing wrong with Chinese pharmaceutical technology and although data is not as available as with other available vaccines I would feel completely confident in them. Side effects when experienced are the likely aches, pains and mild flu like symptoms. 

Not sure why after a tooth extraction you might be expecting to be “on” medication. That’s not usual although prior to an extraction antibiotics might be prescribed for two weeks if there is the possibility of infection in the tooth or gum. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:

Both of the Chinese manufactured vaccines are the very traditional, tried and tested inactivated vaccines where a small amount of viral particles are injected in the body enough to elicit an immune response but not enough to cause a problem. There is nothing wrong with Chinese pharmaceutical technology and although data is not as available as with other available vaccines I would feel completely confident in them. Side effects when experienced are the likely aches, pains and mild flu like symptoms. 

Not sure why after a tooth extraction you might be expecting to be “on” medication. That’s not usual although prior to an extraction antibiotics might be prescribed for two weeks if there is the possibility of infection in the tooth or gum. 
    Thank you. You are much more confident in our vaccines than many of our people seem to be.

As for the medication... I had to look up the English words for the medicines... They're ornidazole, metronidazole and that type of medicines, -nidazole. Some people even have to get IV treatments for one or two days after a tooth extraction. Antibiotics IV treatments are quite common here. It's probably not the case in the Western countries. One of my infected wisdom teeth is a horizontally impacted tooth which is more difficult to remove. It will be like a small operation and I probably will need an IV afterwards too...