Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I've just been talking to my step-mum who was due to have her 2nd Covid jab at the Alexandra Suite in Swanley this Sunday. She hasn't been told herself that the booking has been cancelled, but has heard via others. Her doctor's surgery in South Darenth wasn't very helpful and told her to call 119. They weren't helpful either and told her that they only deal with the AZ vaccine and as she had Pfizer, they can't help her.

She has been trying to do a search on the web for a site that she was told was a place she could re-book but can't find anything. Can anyone help with the name of the website she needs to use, as I seem to remember something on here.

It is very bad that she hasn't been contacted if her original appointment has been cancelled and certainly not the way to treat elderly people.

EDIT - I've been doing a bit of research and have now found the details.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I felt a little grotty today but it’s a small price to pay against getting coved. It amazed me the organisation at bromley civic centre yesterday morning, me and the wife were straight in on time and through to the end within a 20 minutes. No fuss or hiccups at all.  I think the government has shit lucky having such dedicated and professional people  working for our country. 
    Even quicker at woodville halls Gravesend, turned up at 12:20 for 12:30 appointment, straight in, done and out by 12:28
    My daughter had her first jab there - incredibly efficient - sadly had to dirty ourselves by going to Gravesend 😉
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I've just been talking to my step-mum who was due to have her 2nd Covid jab at the Alexandra Suite in Swanley this Sunday. She hasn't been told herself that the booking has been cancelled, but has heard via others. Her doctor's surgery in South Darenth wasn't very helpful and told her to call 119. They weren't helpful either and told her that they only deal with the AZ vaccine and as she had Pfizer, they can't help her.

She has been trying to do a search on the web for a site that she was told was a place she could re-book but can't find anything. Can anyone help with the name of the website she needs to use, as I seem to remember something on here.

It is very bad that she hasn't been contacted if her original appointment has been cancelled and certainly not the way to treat elderly people.
    Go to the Alexandra Suite Facebook page and you will see that some appointments have been cancelled, but it would appear to be 10th April onward, there is also a site to go to for re-booking.
    httpsscontent-lht6-1xxfbcdnnetvt10-9164746480_2182726478526497_8923849500896436512_njpg_nc_cat111ccb1-3_nc_sid973b4a_nc_ohc7xy5vJBERiYAX99sdB9_nc_htscontent-lht6-1xxoh2596e5d9dd235d1784073515822ea4c3oe6089862D
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Just back from getting my 2nd jab - what a beautiful day to get it on

Are you Barry White?
    Marvin Gaye surely?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    IdleHans said:
    Just back from getting my 2nd jab - what a beautiful day to get it on

Are you Barry White?
    Marvin Gaye surely?
    Indeed, but I couldn't change it after it had been lolled
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dansk_Red said:

Go to the Alexandra Suite Facebook page and you will see that some appointments have been cancelled, but it would appear to be 10th April onward, there is also a site to go to for re-booking.
    httpsscontent-lht6-1xxfbcdnnetvt10-9164746480_2182726478526497_8923849500896436512_njpg_nc_cat111ccb1-3_nc_sid973b4a_nc_ohc7xy5vJBERiYAX99sdB9_nc_htscontent-lht6-1xxoh2596e5d9dd235d1784073515822ea4c3oe6089862D
    Thanks for the info. Her appointment was for the 11th so is affected, it isn't this Sunday as I thought originally. She has sent an email so hopefully they'll contact her tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Annoyingly I’ve had to cancel my 2nd jab in a couple of weeks due to new work commitments and I can’t book a new one as there are no appointments. Is that due to the limited time shortage of supply?
  • Options
    Annoyingly I’ve had to cancel my 2nd jab in a couple of weeks due to new work commitments and I can’t book a new one as there are no appointments. Is that due to the limited time shortage of supply?
    You should still be able to book a 2nd jab
  • Options
    Volunteering at a foodbank and doing some door to door part time work on the census at the moment. Fully prepared and expect to wait my turn for the vaccine which won’t be for a while but is it worth turning up to vaccine centre at the end of the day/ talking to my boss trying to get one? Or shall i sit down and shut up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Volunteering at a foodbank and doing some door to door part time work on the census at the moment. Fully prepared and expect to wait my turn for the vaccine which won’t be for a while but is it worth turning up to vaccine centre at the end of the day/ talking to my boss trying to get one? Or shall i sit down and shut up?
    If you would feel better with some protection I would go for an end of day one. I am not sure talking to your boss would help, but talking to your GP maybe an idea.
  • Options
    The thing with me, I was allowed to have my first jab when I took my brother for his in Bromley, as I'm his only carer in the family (he has early on-set dementia). But despite filling in a form so I could get the jab, when I tried to book my second on the NHS site, they have none of my details whatsoever. So it looks like I'm going to have to wait for my brother to get his verification for his second jab, and then have to try and persuade them to get mine done with him then too. Obviously, I have both our cards to prove we had our first jab done on the same day.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    The thing with me, I was allowed to have my first jab when I took my brother for his in Bromley, as I'm his only carer in the family (he has early on-set dementia). But despite filling in a form so I could get the jab, when I tried to book my second on the NHS site, they have none of my details whatsoever. So it looks like I'm going to have to wait for my brother to get his verification for his second jab, and then have to try and persuade them to get mine done with him then too. Obviously, I have both our cards to prove we had our first jab done on the same day.
    I presume that when you received the jab you were given the little card with date and vaccination details on it ? When your brother gets his date all you need to do is accompany him and present your card along with his. You’ll get you second dose I have no doubt at that time.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    My first jab was arranged by my doctor's surgery. It was from Pfizer. No date for the second jab was given at the time they just said 10-12 weeks.

I tried to check for the 2nd appointment on the NHS website. When I entered my NHS number I got a message that I need to contact my surgery. 

It seems there is confusion about when you can use the NHS website.
  • Options

Are you waiting for your second jab... and are there enough vaccines to go round? Here's everything you need to know as our vaccine rollout moves into its next stage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9415753/Are-waiting-second-jab-Heres-need-know.html
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    You could not make this up.

German toddlers called Fritz or Adele could be invited for a Covid-19 vaccination while octogenarian Peters and Brigittes will not, as an overzealous interpretation of data privacy laws in one state has forced officials to guess people’s ages from their first names.

Authorities in the northern German state of Lower Saxony claim legal hurdles blocked them from accessing official records when trying to send a written invitation for a vaccination appointment to all citizens aged over 80.

The state decided instead to use post office records, which it said met data protection requirements. But since the Deutsche Post database only partially includes dates of birth, officials have used people’s first names to estimate their ages and “increase the chances of reaching the right recipients”, a spokesperson told the newspaper Bild.

“Therefore not all people in Lower Saxony who are older than 80 will receive a letter,” the health ministry of Lower Saxony conceded in a statement on its website.

If correct, deplorable after all the fiasco so far. 
    Deplorable even without the fiasco so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mum was contacted by her GP and had her 1st Pfizer at Charlton House.
    The 12 weeks were up on the 8th April, so it was getting close.
    But we had faith, followed the rules, ie sit tight and the GP contacted her on 26th March.
    I'm taking her for her 2nd jab this Thursday April 1st. 

Pleased she got a date  for her 2nd vaccine, I remember she was a few days after me for her first.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I felt a little grotty today but it’s a small price to pay against getting coved. It amazed me the organisation at bromley civic centre yesterday morning, me and the wife were straight in on time and through to the end within a 20 minutes. No fuss or hiccups at all.  I think the government has shit lucky having such dedicated and professional people  working for our country. 
    Even quicker at woodville halls Gravesend, turned up at 12:20 for 12:30 appointment, straight in, done and out by 12:28
    Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

bloody luxury...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    And cleeve us in two wid breadknife ...
  • Options
    My step-mum has eventually got a revised appointment for her second jab, after the fiasco with the Alexandra Suite, Swanley cancellations. It has caused her a lot of unnecessary stress.
  • Options
    Just started reading the latest on this thread & then my phone pings.
    Looks like I’m getting my 1st jab on Friday toooooooooo 🤩
    Sounds like a Good Friday.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Sounds like a Good Friday.
    As long as it’s not three days before she rises again.
  • Options
    AddicksAddict said: FTC
    DA9 said:
    Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'
    Tell that to the kids today and they wouldn’t believe you. 
  • Options
    GOT to be a mistake there ! 

Queue jumping at  its worst...:-)
  • Options
    GOT to be a mistake there ! 

Queue jumping at  its worst...:-)
    Pays to volunteer to feed the old folk.
    😎