Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Just started reading the latest on this thread & then my phone pings.
    Looks like I’m getting my 1st jab on Friday toooooooooo 🤩
    GOT to be a mistake there ! 

Queue jumping at  its worst...:-)
    Pays to volunteer to feed the old folk.
    😎
    Hope you realise I meant that you are far too young ! 

( Forgive me for not making that clear, lovely lady ! Stoopid Fanny!) 
  • Just started reading the latest on this thread & then my phone pings.
    Looks like I’m getting my 1st jab on Friday toooooooooo 🤩
    GOT to be a mistake there ! 

Queue jumping at  its worst...:-)
    Pays to volunteer to feed the old folk.
    😎
    Hope you realise I meant that you are far too young ! 

( Forgive me for not making that clear, lovely lady ! Stoopid Fanny!) 
    No I did get it beautiful lady (I lol’d it).
    Just in case others didn’t 😜😘😘
  • Russia has registered what it describes as the world's first Covid-19 vaccine for animals, the country's agricultural safety watchdog says.

Clinical trials of the vaccine, Carnivac-Cov, involved dogs, cats, Arctic foxes, mink and other animals, according to Rosselkhoznadzor's deputy head Konstantin Savenkov.

Savenkov says the animals involved developed antibodies to the virus in 100% of cases.

Another jab made by US veterinary pharmaceutical company Zoetis was cleared for use on dogs and cats last October, without being tested on other animals.

It was given experimentally to several great apes at San Diego zoo earlier this month after eight gorillas tested positive for Covid-19 in January.

Infections have been confirmed in various animals worldwide, from dogs and cats to ferrets and mink. However, cases are generally quite rare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56586804

• Second doses of vaccine outnumber first doses

Second doses of Covid-19 vaccine in the UK have outnumbered first doses for the first time.

A total of 270,526 second doses were registered on 30 March, compared with 224,590 first doses, the latest government figures show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56586804

• The next two weeks could be crucial for me.

• Scoham said:
    The next two weeks could be crucial for me.

Similar age to me, we got no chance in this time frame. Well not in my area anyway. Still probably doing the over 80s, full of 'em.
  • Might have said the same for where I live but my parents and father in law are all in their 60s and had their first vaccines in early March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a link from my GP to book my second AZ jab. It says 12 weeks is the recommended gap but is only letting me choose a slot on 8 weeks or 9 weeks from my first. 

Anyone else had this? Worth contacting my gp over or just book it?
  • Had my second at 9weeks. I think the 12 weeks is the maximum recommended period. I would got it booked.
  • Mr. Happy said:
    Got a link from my GP to book my second AZ jab. It says 12 weeks is the recommended gap but is only letting me choose a slot on 8 weeks or 9 weeks from my first. 

Anyone else had this? Worth contacting my gp over or just book it?
    It might be that the app doesn't have appointments that far ahead, but as said above book one that is.
  • Cheers all. Was going into overthinking mode and googling only exacerbated that! All booked in for the 20th of this month. 
  • shine166 said:
    My old dear gets her 2nd jab on Saturday 2 weeks earlier than planned. 
    Quite the day, 2nd jab call in the morning, first day of no shielding and just got a call to say her cancer is back on her liver and chemo starts again soon.

• Our second jab is on Saturday 9 weeks after our first, it’s also been brought forward by 2 weeks.
  • Maybe due to the slight delay in stocks, they want to make sure the second jabs happen rather than cracking on with the first jabs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    clive said:
    Chart showing the  of people aged 50 and over who have had their first dose by nation and English region
    Those N Ireland numbers really stand out

From the other chart 52% of adults in NI have had one jab, yet only 59% of over 50s have had it

Are they vaccinating across the age groups, rather than concentrating on over 50s?
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Quite the day, 2nd jab call in the morning, first day of no shielding and just got a call to say her cancer is back on her liver and chemo starts again soon.

That’s shit . Best wishes to your mum. Chin up mate.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Really sorry to read this Shine. All the best.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What an awful time for you both. Really sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you both.