Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    My old dear gets her 2nd jab on Saturday 2 weeks earlier than planned. 
    Quite the day, 2nd jab call in the morning, first day of no shielding and just got a call to say her cancer is back on her liver and chemo starts again soon.

Very sad news for you both, best wishes and hope she can beat it again
  • Options
    30 blood clot cases attributed to AZ vaccine in the UK. Out of 18 million doses given. No reports yet of clots associated with the Pfizer.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    30 blood clot cases attributed to AZ vaccine in the UK. Out of 18 million doses given. No reports yet of clots associated with the Pfizer.
    Been here before. Out of that number of vaccinations 30 would represent normally expected prevalence of thromboembolic events. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Been here before. Out of that number of vaccinations 30 would represent normally expected prevalence of thromboembolic events. 
    In other words, not of statistical relevance 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    That is why I put the number of doses. However, it is impossible to say yet that these cases were not a direct result of the vaccine, no matter how much you or I might wish otherwise.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    That is why I put the number of doses. However, it is impossible to say yet that these cases were not a direct result of the vaccine, no matter how much you or I might wish otherwise.

Also impossible to say that they were
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    But as it’s been said, there is no importance or significance in that statistic. None.
  • Options
    I ask my questions in a spirit of enquiry. I have had the AZ vaccine so I am interested in the figures. What do you make of the fact that no blood clots have been reported to be associated with the Pfizer vaccine? Is that not statistically significant either?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Nadou said:
    I ask my questions in a spirit of enquiry. I have had the AZ vaccine so I am interested in the figures. What do you make of the fact that no blood clots have been reported to be associated with the Pfizer vaccine? Is that not statistically significant either?
    I have no idea why you think that's the case:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9366963/Coronavirus-Pfizers-Covid-vaccine-linked-blood-clots-AstraZenecas-UK.html

Apologies for the reprehensible link to the Daily Mail and the EU bashing contained in it 😬
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    That can't be right can it? The types of blood clot being reported seem to be particularly affecting young woman.

Now, it also seems that the birth control pill increases a woman's chance of suffering from blood clots by about 3 or 4 times. https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/risk-of-blood-clots/106257/

It seems that somewhere between 3 to 9 woman in 10,000 are at risk each year. By those odds alone, some women who have been given the Pfizer vaccine must have had blood clots.  Pfizer cannot be getting 0% - that makes no sense.

Presumably you could argue that taking some form of anti-coagulant like aspirin would cut the risk when you have the vaccine. But then you increase the risk of getting a stroke caused by a burst blood vessel stroke.  So....
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Nadou said:
    That can't be right can it? The types of blood clot being reported seem to be particularly affecting young woman.

Now, it also seems that the birth control pill increases a woman's chance of suffering from blood clots by about 3 or 4 times. https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/risk-of-blood-clots/106257/

It seems that somewhere between 3 to 9 woman in 10,000 are at risk each year. By those odds alone, some women who have been given the Pfizer vaccine must have had blood clots.  Pfizer cannot be getting 0% - that makes no sense.

Presumably you could argue that taking some form of anti-coagulant like aspirin would cut the risk when you have the vaccine. But then you increase the risk of getting a stroke caused by a burst blood vessel stroke.  So....
    As posted above, slightly MORE people have had blood clots after taking Pfizer than AZ. But both are still within the realms of 'normal' incidence, and are not statistically significant 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

This from the BBC news site:  "Meanwhile, the MHRA said there had been no reports of blood clots following use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

As of 21 March, an estimated 10.8 million first doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab had been administered in the UK, the regulator said. It added that around 2.2 million second doses, mostly the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, had been administered.

• Options
    It seems as if we are talking about "unusual" blood clots.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646
  • Options
    look at incidence of blood clots and the pill. Also, the odds appear to be over 1 in a million doses. I fancy those odds over covid
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    look at incidence of blood clots and the pill. Also, the odds appear to be over 1 in a million doses. I fancy those odds over covid

Oh absolutely, me too. But it doesn't stop me being interested in what's going on.
  • Options
    Is it wrong to feel excited about getting your 2nd jab (Pfizer) today and hoping that dome normality will return soon? Brilliant effort by all that’s taking part in the vaccination efforts.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Is it wrong to feel excited about getting your 2nd jab (Pfizer) today and hoping that dome normality will return soon? Brilliant effort by all that’s taking part in the vaccination efforts.
    I'm not so much excited as relieved to get it done.  I'm off to my early morning 2nd jab in Swanley shortly.
    Ribably a better way of describing it, I blame the early posting time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    But as it’s been said, there is no importance or significance in that statistic. None.
    Unless you or a loved one are one of those involved in the statistics.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    Nope. That's the same thinking that got people worked up when that imbecile Wakefield - aided and abetted ably by the media - deliberately falsified results that linked autism to vaccines (indelibly, in the case of some people), and set scientific progress against diseases like measles back by decades.

Statistics are statistics. They don't care about your feelings - and you shouldn't care about your feelings when looking at them, either. The term 'not statistically significant' indicates precisely that there is nothing worry about, as the number of incidences is exactly the same as it would be if there were no vaccine. 
    Perfectly summarised 
  • Options
    No, every 1st and 2nd vaccine jab is a major win for us all pop the champagne. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    Nope. That's the same thinking that got people worked up when that imbecile Wakefield - aided and abetted ably by the media - deliberately falsified results that linked autism to vaccines (indelibly, in the case of some people), and set scientific progress against diseases like measles back by decades.

Statistics are statistics. They don't care about your feelings - and you shouldn't care about your feelings when looking at them, either. The term 'not statistically significant' indicates precisely that there is nothing worry about, as the number of incidences is exactly the same as it would be if there were no vaccine. 
    Thanks for telling me how I should or shouldn’t feel, Not saying vaccine shouldn’t be administered just saying some people are heartless in this situation.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:

Thanks for telling me how I should or shouldn’t feel, Not saying vaccine shouldn’t be administered just saying some people are heartless in this situation.
    How is anyone being “heartless” ? The incidence of thromboembolic events is the same in the vaccinated and non vaccinated population. That’s a fact. I’m really not sure what you don’t understand. 
    I can understand your attitude.