Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Kent vaccine update

Latest vaccination progress

Our latest data shows we have 90% of the top nine priority groups vaccinated with at least one dose. More than 360,000 people are now protected with both doses of the vaccine.

• Cohorts 1-4 (over 70 years, health and care staff, care home residents): 94%
    • Cohort 5 (65-69 years): 93%
    • Cohort 6 (clinically vulnerable aged 16-64): 82%
    • Cohort 7 (60-64 years): 90%
    • Cohort 8 (55-59 years): 88%
    • Cohort 9 (50-54 years): 85%
    • Cohort 10 (45-49 years): 38%

Vaccines given:

First dose

• over 80 years 93,816
    • 75-79 years 71,321
    • 70-74 years 97,573
    • 65-69 years 90,342
    • 60-64 years 102,574
    • 55-59 years 118,181
    • 50-54 years 117,688
    • 45-49 years 78,890
    • Under 45 years 162,631

Second dose

• over 80 years 84,714
    • 75-79 years 61,866
    • 70-74 years 65,608
    • 65-69 years 23,827
    • 60-64 years 19,632
    • 55-59 years 20,701
    • 50-54 years 18,831
    • 45-49 years 15,651
    • Under 45 years 51,866

Up to 25 April 2021. Figures are published weekly on Thursday afternoons by NHS England.

https://www.kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk/news-and-events/news/covid-19-vaccine-update-29-apr-2021

• Options
    I booked mine yesterday even though it said 42’s, so it’s coming down. Not sure if website updated yet. 
  • Options
    News this morning was saying over 40s can now book.
  • Options
    I booked mine yesterday even though it said 42’s, so it’s coming down. Not sure if website updated yet. 
    Updated
    • you're aged 40 or over
    • you'll turn 40 before 1 July 2021
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • Options
    Son, who had Astra Zenica first time, had 2nd today which was Pfizer.  He is clinically vulnerable  so maybe they are mixing it up for these 'customers'. No erection yet!!
  • Options
    Soreish arm, but do feel a bit foggy today, luckily it's an easy day and I've turned slack to do not disturb
  • Options
    Son, who had Astra Zenica first time, had 2nd today which was Pfizer.  He is clinically vulnerable  so maybe they are mixing it up for these 'customers'. No erection yet!!
    I hope I’m right in saying this but if that’s the case then there has been a mix up. I’ve not read anywhere where mixing vaccines is licensed in the U.K. unless it’s part of a research programme. It may well transpire that mixing has a beneficial effect but that’s still being looked at. Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t think so. I query this if I was your son. 
    I saw a big story the other day in a tabloid where they reported that for the first time there had been a mix up and a guy had received two different vaccines. So SHG is right and your son needs to query this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope I’m right in saying this but if that’s the case then there has been a mix up. I’ve not read anywhere where mixing vaccines is licensed in the U.K. unless it’s part of a research programme. It may well transpire that mixing has a beneficial effect but that’s still being looked at. Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t think so. I’d query this if I was your son. 
    I'm pretty sure you are right. I did hear that they are doing research but presumably he would have been asked to join. I also read that so far there has only been one identified error in giving a different second dose. 
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Options
    Had my second Pfizer jab yesterday. No adverse reaction. Arm hasn't even ached although noticed it was tender when I turned to sleep on that side last night.
  • Options
    Anecdotally it seems that the Pfizer jab has less side effects than the AZ.
  • Options
    I've misplaced the note I had with my second dose date on it. I presume they send a reminder. I think it is 27th May.
  • Options
    Eh?
    Pfizer make the middle aged shaggers' friend. 
  • Options
    I've misplaced the note I had with my second dose date on it. I presume they send a reminder. I think it is 27th May.
    Yes they sent a text as a reminder to me. I forgot to take my card on the day of the second vaccination, but it didn't matter.
  • Options
    Checked my NHS app today and my first jab is shown on there. Second one booked for next Friday and then ready to for the playoffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had my second AZ jab yesterday, booked it for a Friday intentionally after the first one wiped me out for 3 days, was really tired last night and expected to feel bad today but woke up feeling good, no sore arm or feeling rough at all.
  • Options
    Eh?
    Pfizer make the middle aged shaggers' friend. 
     :) I got my second one soon. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    I hope I’m right in saying this but if that’s the case then there has been a mix up. I’ve not read anywhere where mixing vaccines is licensed in the U.K. unless it’s part of a research programme. It may well transpire that mixing has a beneficial effect but that’s still being looked at. Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t think so. I’d query this if I was your son. 
    I'm pretty sure you are right. I did hear that they are doing research but presumably he would have been asked to join. I also read that so far there has only been one identified error in giving a different second dose. 
    So, a sore arm and bit 'foggy' last night. All ok this morning and he is now in The Greyhound with his mates topping up his Amstel quota. Will talk to GP on tuesday and wife is booked into the Centre next sunday for her second so she will have a word with them then as well. If they admit to a mistake, God help them!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    2nd jab, no queue, in and out in a couple of minutes. 

Now to see if I get the side effects overnight and tomorrow that I had with the first jab. 

Hopefully not, but if so, it’s worth it. 
    Awful sleep, restless, hot, aching ... but this morning, apart from arm feeling like it’s been hit with a hammer, and very tired, I’m ok. 

So much better than the first jab. 

This is with AZ. 
    48 hours later, didn’t have a great sleep but better than previous night, arm still sore ... but overall more or less ok now ... very different to the first jab.