Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    I mean there's no need for a second vaccine if you've already had Covid.
    I’m sure you’re trolling with this comment. Either that or 16 months into a pandemic and you’ve actually understood nothing. 
    Just ignore it, he's been chatting bollox since this all began. 
  • Options
    Just seen this post......what on earth are you saying and why?
  • Options
    An acquaintance's son is doing research at one of our top universities into the effects of the vaccines.  People who've had the two jabs with a four week gap, as originally planned, now have only 30% antibodies compared to what they had after the vaccines had kicked in to full effect.  If the twelve week gap jabs replicate this, there will be a big surge in cases around September.  So, book your holidays for August.

To give you an idea of how good the group is he's working in at his uni, they predicted pretty much everything that happened from last June onwards once the Government laid out the restrictions or lack of them.
    Could you please provide a link to the data or if not at least which university this research is being conducted so I can have a look see. This is the most significant comment I have seen for weeks so would really like to dig into this. Seems to go against the published data so far ? 
    @ShootersHillGuru
    @bobmunro
    @cantersaddick

I can't provide a link to the published results because, as far as I'm aware, it hasn't been published yet.

I can't tell you the university because, again as far as I'm aware, the information is confidential and I don't want to drop the bloke in the mire.

As I was told it, antibody levels are down to 30%.  Of course, that may have got garbled in the telling as it is third-hand by the time it gets to me.

Perhaps you should start an idle gossip thread
    If it was idle gossip, I wouldn’t have posted it. 
    Once a story has become third hand it begins to fall into the sphere of idle gossip, wouldn’t you say?
  • Options
    You need 2 jabs to do the job properly

Left hook followed by the uppercut
  • Options

Are they mixing the vaccines now?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    bobmunro said:

Are they mixing the vaccines now?
    Trials are underway. There is thought that a mix may be more effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56730526

If you've had your first jab you can volunteer for the trial. You have to agree to have blood tests until October.

I did volunteer but heard nothing for 10 days and then got a call. In the meantime I got a text from my GP and had my second jab so I had to decline to participate.
  • Options
    We've passed a pretty significant milestone, but it seems to have been unreported.  (At least, I haven't seen it celebrated anywhere).  We've now administered more than one billion vaccine jabs, worldwide.  That's pretty remarkable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good news this for my partner and any other mums that want to have it. 
  • Options
    1st jab booked at the John Smith on Tuesday an injection will be much more enjoyable than my last visit! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    1st jab booked at the John Smith on Tuesday an injection will be much more enjoyable than my last visit! 
    Breweries are now doing jabs? Do you get a free pint afterwards!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Breweries are now doing jabs? Do you get a free pint afterwards!
    I hope so, its 8am after a Bank Holiday 🤦‍♂️
  • Options

Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock described the study's results as "terrific news".

He has urged "everybody to get their vaccines as soon as they are eligible".

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

It added that this protection was on top of the reduced risk of a vaccinated person developing symptomatic infection in the first place, which is around 60 to 65% - four weeks after one dose of either vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

• Options
    Had my second Pfizer yesterday.....relieved beyond words, the wait has seemed like an eternity.
    This has been something of a definitive moment, difficult for me to fully explain but it feels like the circle has been completed in some way and that maybe, just maybe, my journey to ‘relative’ safety is complete.
    It’s been a dispiriting 14 months.
    Thank God my twice weekly keep fit classes begin again on May 17th.
    Onwards and sideways SoundAs......onwards and sideways.

Great news, wish you all the very best for the future.
  • Options
    I mean, that's bollocks
    That blokes a prick - just ignore him - more he is ignored, greater chance he will go away and crawl back under his stone
  • Options

An extra 60 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine have been ordered by the UK government as it puts together plans for a vaccination booster programme in the autumn.

It brings the total number of Pfizer doses ordered by the UK to 100 million.

The expectation is that the most vulnerable groups will be offered another jab before next winter.

Nearly two-thirds of UK adults have received one dose of a Covid vaccine with a quarter having had two.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56921018

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had my second Pfizer yesterday.....relieved beyond words, the wait has seemed like an eternity.
    This has been something of a definitive moment, difficult for me to fully explain but it feels like the circle has been completed in some way and that maybe, just maybe, my journey to ‘relative’ safety is complete.
    It’s been a dispiriting 14 months.
    Thank God my twice weekly keep fit classes begin again on May 17th.
    Onwards and sideways SoundAs......onwards and sideways.
    I have a spare pair of lycra shorts if you need mate.
  • Options
    Matt Hancock received his first jab today from Jonathon Van Tam.
  • Options
    In hospital at the moment and missed my 2nd jab yesterday. 

Hopefully they'll let me have it here otherwise I'm not sure what to do.
  • Options
    Matt Hancock received his first jab today from Jonathon Van Tam.
    My friends father in law had his from JVT in February.  He asked him if he was a doctor or a volunteer 😷
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    In hospital at the moment and missed my 2nd jab yesterday. 

Hopefully they'll let me have it here otherwise I'm not sure what to do.
    All the best 
  • Options
    Chart showing the UK in fifth place when ranking according to doses administered per 100 people in countries with a population of at least one million
  • Options
    Chart of vaccine take up by region and UK nation
  • Options
    Chart showing the  of people aged 18 and over who have had their first and second dose by nation data to 28 April