Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    When will they start the under 45's?.
  • Options

Im 38 and know a few friends my age that have already had the call. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Im 38 and know a few friends my age that have already had the call. 
    Ok thanks.
  • Options
    Just got a text from the GP to get a 2nd jab - this Saturday. It'll be 8 weeks. From the Swanley Alexandra Suite so maybe they've got an extra lot of vaccines coming in? Strangely Mt Tatters hasn't heard from them yet he's 10 years older than me. Maybe they're doing vunerable rather than age?
    Mr Tatters had a pneumonia vaccination today. They say you can't have another vaccination in the next 7 days so this is why his second jab will be after mine. As mine's tomorrow I'm just hoping neither of us get major side effects as we currently have over 100 hens to look after.

Good luck with your vaccination tomorrow, hope neither of you get any side effects
  • Options

On the landing page of the nhs vaccine booking site it has a next review date of 5th May, it should be around that date if previous is anything to go by
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

On the landing page of the nhs vaccine booking site it has a next review date of 5th May, it should be around that date if previous is anything to go by
    Ok.
  • Options
    Got my invite for my second jab today. Have to go next Saturday 1st May in the morning. Invite came from my GP via post whereas first invite came from my GP via text.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Crusty54 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Had first vaccine 15 Feb, AZ. Never had second appointment. Was listening to football whilst working last night, bored, so went online to see if could book second vaccine. Did so, 8 May at 1pm so do that then home to see us secure 6th place. 

Don't know if I should have waited or what. That's an 11 week gap so hopefully ok. Also, I was given the choice of lots of vaccine centres but none was where I originally went. Second jab is much closer to home, and the first one was only a couple of miles.

Booked our second jabs yesterday online - 1 May. 11 weeks and a day.

Likewise, the centre where we had the first jab (4 miles from home) was not listed so had to opt for a pharmacy 13 miles away - not an issue though.
    I had my first jab after a text from the GP at a local centre. They gave me a date for the next one but I need to change it. Can I do this online? 
    Likewise (well my wife did and I just tagged along!). But they never gave us the date for the second jab.

Select 'Manage my appointments'. I entered my personal details and it automatically picked up I had had the first jab and offered the second jab venues. It did say 'You failed to attend your second appointment so you will need to book again' but ignore that (I hadn't) so it must be a default message.

See above for those approaching 12 weeks and yet to hear.
    If your GP arranged your first jab you can't use that link. You have to wait for another GP contact.
    I don't think that is true. My first jab was booked through my GP. My second booking I did myself from the web site. 
    I could have booked my 2nd (at another location) online, but when I spoke to my GP they said I should wait for them to contact me.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chizz said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Private Eye this week. The part that stands out for me is that if we had the vaccine at the start of the pandemic, at least 100,000 lives would have been prevented in the U.K., and there would have been 5 deaths from blood clots. 

"With a UK population of around 58.2 million the risk of being struck by lightning (indoors and outdoors combined) is one person in 1.2 million and the risk of being struck and killed by lightning is one person in 19 million"

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/223811436_Deaths_and_injuries_caused_by_lightning_in_the_United_Kingdom_Analyses_of_two_databases

People trying to downplay the clotting risk is dangerous. It needs to be scrutinised properly rather than just hand-waved away. 
    Vaccine available March 2020. 

Hypothetically:

Don’t take the vaccine, 127,000 covid deaths, no blood clot deaths
    Take the vaccine, 27,000 covid deaths, 5 blood clot deaths. 

What do you choose?
    Vaccinate Boris Johnson. Thousands of times.
    Zzzzzzzz......leave it out Chizz, that’s OTT fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 observations ( not based on any inside knowledge). 1 There seems to be increasing evidence that the vaccines are incredibly succesful at stopping both infection and contagion. But the Government is loath to bang the drum as they think we will all go wild and party if we know that. I think that it would be better to bang the drum in order to convince everybody to get vaccinated asap.
    2 They must have much more vaccine in stock than they have let on. April was supposed to be the slowdown month but half a million people have been vaccinated virtually every day. I expect this subterfuge was to distract  the EU etc from  trying to cut our supply.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    2 observations ( not based on any inside knowledge). 1 There seems to be increasing evidence that the vaccines are incredibly succesful at stopping both infection and contagion. But the Government is loath to bang the drum as they think we will all go wild and party if we know that. I think that it would be better to bang the drum in order to convince everybody to get vaccinated asap.
    2 They must have much more vaccine in stock than they have let on. April was supposed to be the slowdown month but half a million people have been vaccinated virtually every day. I expect this subterfuge was to distract  the EU etc from  trying to cut our supply.

It did slow down in the first half of April but is now ramping up.

Once everyone (end of July, maybe earlier) has been offered the vaccine then, and only then, they can introduce vaccine passports - that will be the best recruiting sergeant for almost full vaccine take-up.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Crusty54 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Had first vaccine 15 Feb, AZ. Never had second appointment. Was listening to football whilst working last night, bored, so went online to see if could book second vaccine. Did so, 8 May at 1pm so do that then home to see us secure 6th place. 

Don't know if I should have waited or what. That's an 11 week gap so hopefully ok. Also, I was given the choice of lots of vaccine centres but none was where I originally went. Second jab is much closer to home, and the first one was only a couple of miles.

Likewise, the centre where we had the first jab (4 miles from home) was not listed so had to opt for a pharmacy 13 miles away - not an issue though.
    I had my first jab after a text from the GP at a local centre. They gave me a date for the next one but I need to change it. Can I do this online? 
    Likewise (well my wife did and I just tagged along!). But they never gave us the date for the second jab.

Select 'Manage my appointments'. I entered my personal details and it automatically picked up I had had the first jab and offered the second jab venues. It did say 'You failed to attend your second appointment so you will need to book again' but ignore that (I hadn't) so it must be a default message.

If your GP arranged your first jab you can't use that link. You have to wait for another GP contact.
    I don't think that is true. My first jab was booked through my GP. My second booking I did myself from the web site. 
    When I tried to book mine on line it said to contact my GP.
  • Options
    Just got a text from the GP to get a 2nd jab - this Saturday. It'll be 8 weeks. From the Swanley Alexandra Suite so maybe they've got an extra lot of vaccines coming in? Strangely Mt Tatters hasn't heard from them yet he's 10 years older than me. Maybe they're doing vunerable rather than age?
    Mr Tatters had a pneumonia vaccination today. They say you can't have another vaccination in the next 7 days so this is why his second jab will be after mine. As mine's tomorrow I'm just hoping neither of us get major side effects as we currently have over 100 hens to look after.
    I had my anti pneumonia jab between my Pfizer jabs. My arm was a lot stiffer after it but no other adverse effects. Was fine the next day.
  • Options
    I am there today as well, probably like lots of other CAFC fans!
  • Options
    Depends where you live and who you’re registered with. Brother who is 42 got a txt a week or so ago and had his Thursday. Husband 44 hasn’t heard anything. 
    I check the nhs site daily and put in details for him to book until it says ‘not yet eligible’. Yesterday did it again and they must have lowered threshold a bit as got him booked in next Friday at guys. I think it depends what stock of jab places have in the area you live. I’m sure our area is more full of old people having second jab which is why he’s going guys to get something different? Moderna ? 
  • Options
    Unfortunately mine’s in the middle of the second half!
  • Options
    Unfortunately mine’s in the middle of the second half!

Hope we are 4-0 up by then.
  • Options
    I was chatting with this woman at a restaurant the other day and she said that if you want to book your second AZ jab you can just book it online. She gave me this link:

Https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination

My second jab is not due until late May but I tried the following link and I’m now booked to have it on Monday morning in Marble Arch. I believe its only for AZ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there anyone who had less side effects after their 2nd jab than their 1st? The side effect from my first was being very tired and sleeping a whole day, no flu like symptoms. I’ve got my second jab in a couple of hours and (pointlessly) I’m getting anxious about it. 
  • Options
    I had less or even no effect after my second AZ than the first. The first jab had only mild effects in the first place.
  • Options
    Is there anyone who had less side effects after their 2nd jab than their 1st? The side effect from my first was being very tired and sleeping a whole day, no flu like symptoms. I’ve got my second jab in a couple of hours and (pointlessly) I’m getting anxious about it. 
    Virtually everyone I've heard had less side effects after the 2nd.
  • Options
    Had mine last night and have a headache and temperature today but I had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago after contracting pancreatitis so I’ve no idea what pain is what right now. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    cafcfan said:
    Crusty54 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Agreed.  You can book 2nd jab on https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number the day after your 1st.  I was invited by my surgery yesterday, managed to get the jab booked the same day (Eltham high st) and then was able to book 2nd jab for 8th July (10.5 weeks) today via https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

I tried daily to book my first via the same link, no joy, so it is definitely the case that 1st and 2nd can be a mix of GO invite and online booking. 
  • Options
    I am 42 and got the notification from my GP yesterday, so its ramping up now.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Whereabouts are you based? I have a friend who is 43 with asthma who is hoping to get one in Swanley ASAP.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    BalladMan said:
    Whereabouts are you based? I have a friend who is 43 with asthma who is hoping to get one in Swanley ASAP.
    New Eltham, but doctors in Greenwich. It does seem Greenwich is slightly ahead of Kent borders based on anecdotal evidence.  

I would suggest to keep trying this site daily in order as it might offer a slightly earlier view (depending on area) https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

I presume your friend has spoken to GP as some of my family got it earlier (under 40s) due to chronic Asthma.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    BalladMan said:
    New Eltham, but doctors in Greenwich. It does seem Greenwich is slightly ahead of Kent borders based on anecdotal evidence.  

I would suggest to keep trying this site daily in order as it might offer a slightly earlier view (depending on area) https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

I presume your friend has spoken to GP as some of my family got it earlier (under 40s) due to chronic Asthma.
    Thanks - I'll get her onto it. She was meant to have one a while back but her doc said that although she'd been to hospital last year with an asthma attack she hadn't had to stay in overnight so didn't qualify!