Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    how many can say they or someone they know has been struck by lightning? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Private Eye this week. The part that stands out for me is that if we had the vaccine at the start of the pandemic, at least 100,000 lives would have been prevented in the U.K., and there would have been 5 deaths from blood clots. 

"With a UK population of around 58.2 million the risk of being struck by lightning (indoors and outdoors combined) is one person in 1.2 million and the risk of being struck and killed by lightning is one person in 19 million"

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/223811436_Deaths_and_injuries_caused_by_lightning_in_the_United_Kingdom_Analyses_of_two_databases

People trying to downplay the clotting risk is dangerous. It needs to be scrutinised properly rather than just hand-waved away. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I read a newspaper article about a park ranger in the US that had been struck by lightening numerous times, but ended up shooting himself as he was heartbroken.

After a quick Google search his name was Roy Sullivan and he had survived seven lightening strikes.
  • Options
    Parents just had their 2nd brought forward to yesterday by about 3 weeks. (Guys). Which is greeeat! 
  • Options
    I know 2. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Private Eye this week. The part that stands out for me is that if we had the vaccine at the start of the pandemic, at least 100,000 lives would have been prevented in the U.K., and there would have been 5 deaths from blood clots. 

"With a UK population of around 58.2 million the risk of being struck by lightning (indoors and outdoors combined) is one person in 1.2 million and the risk of being struck and killed by lightning is one person in 19 million"

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/223811436_Deaths_and_injuries_caused_by_lightning_in_the_United_Kingdom_Analyses_of_two_databases

People trying to downplay the clotting risk is dangerous. It needs to be scrutinised properly rather than just hand-waved away. 
    Vaccine available March 2020. 

Hypothetically:

Don’t take the vaccine, 127,000 covid deaths, no blood clot deaths
    Take the vaccine, 27,000 covid deaths, 5 blood clot deaths. 

What do you choose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the people that passed it as safe, initially, are the ones to sue and A Z have no control on who is given it.
  • Options
    I know 2. 
    I know at least 5 people who have had the AZ jab. no problems so far.
  • Options
    I do. In fact he’s been struck twice. Both times playing golf.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

This is a 'maybe an alternative might be safer?' 
  • Options
    There are no data that prove the vaccine provides immunity from, or prevents the transmission of the virus.
    It will temper the aggresiveness of the symptoms if contracted, nothing more.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

Pfizer has been linked to blood clots too. 

Bottom line, tens of thousands of deaths could have been prevented if the vaccine had been available  ... which now applies to future deaths which WILL be prevented. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

Bottom line, tens of thousands of deaths could have been prevented if the vaccine had been available  ... which now applies to future deaths which WILL be prevented. 
    AZ is safer than having no vaccine of course. 

We have at least 8 vaccines available. Isn't it in science's best interest to figure out which one is safer and then increase production of that type of vaccine? 

Especially with word that booster jabs will be needed in the future. 

Just going ahead with all of them, then discovering that under 30s may have been safer not even having the vaccine is a bit too late. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

And this doesn't even scratch the surface of the number of times they've been sued for negligence and fraud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

And this doesn't even scratch the surface of the number of times they've been sued for negligence and fraud.

Just like every single other drug company. Suing drug companies is almost as lucrative a business as developing drugs themselves. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hypothetically:

What do you choose?
    Pfizer?

This isn't an either/or. 

Just like every single other drug company. Suing drug companies is almost as lucrative a business as developing drugs themselves. 
    But they're only made to pay out $2.3b if they're guilty. And as I said, this particular case is just one of many where they have been found guilty of fraud, negligence and gross mendacity.
  • Options
    Mother in law is one of the volunteers at the vaccination centre in Epping and there were 14 Pfizer ones left from no shows yesterday evening so everyone’s encouraged to ask who they know if they want a vaccine this has been going on for a few weeks when she’s been there , so my wife eventually went and had one last night she’s only 38 so not due yet , no after effects so far

Good on Mrs Oohaah.
    It's worrying how many people do not make these appointments.  What a waste it can be.
  • Options
    2nd AZ jab booked for Thursday this week, 8 weeks after the first one. I had no problems after the first other than being freezing cold for one afternoon, 3 days after it.
  • Options
    I live in Finland so this is a bit different for me.
    But I have a blood clotting issue and have had 5 blood clots in the past 5 years.
    (I am now on Eliquis for life)
    They ruled out the oxAZ Jab because of this underlying health issue and because I am 30 years old  (Apparently a small minority Under 30's have had blood clot reactions to this vaccine)
    I had the first Pfizer jab last week and I have been lucky enough to feel absolutely fine. I had a sore arm for a few days but that was it.
    I have heard the second jab isn't as nice but will still take it, I am due that at the end of June.

It is remarkable to see the turn around in England and by how much the infection rates and death's have dropped!
    I heard from several sources that the second Pfizer jab would have more side effects than the first. Had the second jab on Friday and had none. Out in the sun yesterday and walked 10km.

Active cases in the Borough of Greenwich down into double figures.
  • Options
    2nd AZ jab booked for Thursday this week, 8 weeks after the first one. I had no problems after the first other than being freezing cold for one afternoon, 3 days after it.
    Interestingly I had similar symptoms exactly a week after my first jab