Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    My experience and that of everybody I’ve asked who’s had the second jab, is that even if there was a reaction at whatever level to their first jab, the reaction and/or discomfort from the second jab was less.
    I had my second AZ jab last week. I had almost no side effects after the first jab, only slight joint pain which might have been my arthritis. After the second jab I felt extremely tired for the rest of the day and most of the next as well, but no other side effects.
  • Options
    US authorities have recommended a pause in usage of the single shot J&J vaccine while they conduct an investigation after six blood clots were reported in 7m doses administered.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    hermann said:
    hermann said:
    No idea why - I'm 32 with no health conditions - but I've been invited to get jabbed and am booked in for Sunday.

Maybe they are running out of older or unhealthy people in your area because they’ve all been jabbed already. Or might want you as a healthy person for statistical reasons before we mass rollout vaccination of all the younger adult generation. It was a no-brainier rolling it out to us older gits. We had to have it and if it went/goes wrong it will have a lesser long term impact on the economy. Get it wrong with a younger generation and it’s a different ball game.
    Hopefully the former (and I suspect it is), but happy to do my bit if it is the latter - maybe they want to check the efficacy in the charming, good looking and humble early 30s bracket now. 

I'm in Bethnal Green btw, should have mentioned above. My step-brother is the same age and has had the same thing happen, he's over in Richmond. 
    Perhaps you and your brother are more of Johnson’s “love children” without being aware. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    My experience and that of everybody I’ve asked who’s had the second jab, is that even if there was a reaction at whatever level to their first jab, the reaction and/or discomfort from the second jab was less.
    I had my second AZ jab last week. I had almost no side effects after the first jab, only slight joint pain which might have been my arthritis. After the second jab I felt extremely tired for the rest of the day and most of the next as well, but no other side effects.
    That tiredness was more than likely relief of finally having the second jab coming out after (12) weeks of waiting for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Denmark will no longer give the AZ vaccine, anybody who has been given a first dose of the AZ will be offered an alternative for the 2nd dose, there have been no trials whether this will work, the UK has asked for volunteers to trial the mixing of vaccines.    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First dose of AZ at the pasty shed!

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Denmark will no longer give the AZ vaccine, anybody who has been given a first dose of the AZ will be offered an alternative for the 2nd dose, there have been no trials whether this will work, the UK has asked for volunteers to trial the mixing of vaccines.    
    😳
  • Options
    So one in a million chance of a blood clot with Astra Z, 1 in 100,000 chance of a blood clot with the contraceptive pill. Why have they not banned the Pill ??
  • Options
    Not banned though is it. Just not distributed to everyone..The pill is not given to all females in The country.  If it were 250 women would needlessly get blood clots.
  • Options
    Not banned though is it. Just not distributed to everyone..The pill is not given to all females in The country.  If it were 250 women would needlessly get blood clots.
    That’s convoluted thinking isn’t it ? The data shows that for every 100,000 prescriptions for the contraceptive pill, there is the expectation that there will be one associated blood clot. 
  • Options
    Feel pants today
  • Options
    That’s convoluted thinking isn’t it ? The data shows that for every 100,000 prescriptions for the contraceptive pill, there is the expectation that there will be one associated blood clot. 
    I'm just trying to understand what is going on!

Doctors are usually reluctant to suggest that everybody takes a medicine or treatment because the outcome is statistically better although it may put a few individuals at needless risk.

For instance, lives could be extended and money saved if everybody in the country simply took Statins regardless of age or health. They are cheap, reduce cholesterol / heart problems and are "almost" harmless. It's not really worth checking whether they might help you - just take them! 

But it doesn't work like that because doctors are unwilling to prescribe or suggest something which an individual may not personally benefit from.

Vaccines are a completely different thing of course. But I can understand how the same principles might apply especially when there are potential alternatives available.

I had my second AZ yesterday and I do swallow a statin pill every morning!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is always a risk / benefit equation with any medication. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    My old dear gets her 2nd jab on Saturday 2 weeks earlier than planned. 
    Quite the day, 2nd jab call in the morning, first day of no shielding and just got a call to say her cancer is back on her liver and chemo starts again soon.

Very sad news for you both, best wishes and hope she can beat it again
    Thanks, without treatment we are told she'll be gone by Xmas.... now to join the queue for treatment. 
  • Options
    Feel pants today
    I don’t think Primark will be too happy though if everyone follows your advice 
  • Options
    I think the AZ vaccine will get dropped very soon from everywhere. 

When there's less harmful alternatives, why would we still push forward and give this jab? 

https://news.sky.com/story/risk-of-blood-clot-after-covid-is-eight-times-higher-than-after-astrazeneca-jab-study-12276088
    Maybe because the other vaccines will also have side effects (I see the Johnson and Johnson one is being investigated in the US for the same). Maybe the mRNA vaccine side effects have not yet been noticed.

also the AZ and J&J vaccines have benefits the others do not. Cost in the case of AZ, single shot in the case of J&J.

Richer countries may choose to use mRNA vaccines over others if they have overcome volume restrictions but I doubt that AZ etc will be dropped everywhere. 
  • Options

When there's less harmful alternatives, why would we still push forward and give this jab? 

https://news.sky.com/story/risk-of-blood-clot-after-covid-is-eight-times-higher-than-after-astrazeneca-jab-study-12276088
    So currently is it five in a million chance with AZ and four in a million chance with Pzifer and Moderna?
  • Options

Maybe because the other vaccines will also have side effects (I see the Johnson and Johnson one is being investigated in the US for the same). Maybe the mRNA vaccine side effects have not yet been noticed.

also the AZ and J&J vaccines have benefits the others do not. Cost in the case of AZ, single shot in the case of J&J.

Richer countries may choose to use mRNA vaccines over others if they have overcome volume restrictions but I doubt that AZ etc will be dropped everywhere. 
    The AZ and J&J are old tech (viral vector) whereas the Pfizer and Moderna are new tech (mRNA) - I will be amazed if it ultimately turns out that the mRNA vaccines are safer. That said, both vaccine types are (relatively) safe.
  • Options
    Considering 1 in 2 people will have cancer in there lifetime, is there any chance sugar and tobacco will be pulled next ?