Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    I booked online myself my second appointment then changed it myself .
    GP then sends a link to my wife’s phone beginning of this week to book my second a few weeks earlier and I’m going for that today .
    I haven’t cancelled the one I booked online which I’ll do once I’ve had the injection today .
    Good idea. My mate cancelled his first because of possibly having Covid.
    Result was negative and when he tried to rebook nothing was available (when we had a vaccine shortage last month).
    He should have waited for a positive result before cancelling (but tried to do the right thing).
  • Options
    #me too. I bet the game of the season goes to ET and I miss it :neutral:
  • Options

More than 50 million coronavirus vaccine doses have now been given in England.

Figures released by NHS England show 31,546,846 UK adults have had their first jab, and 18,699,556 have had two.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57212470

• Options
    @Clive I think it should be over 60m
  • Options
    clive said:

Figures released by NHS England show 31,546,846 UK adults have had their first jab, and 18,699,556 have had two.

The article is surely wrong, it must be 60M according to the daily stats?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    clive said:

Maybe it is 50 million in England, 10 million in Wales Scotland & Northern Ireland.

Last updated on Friday 21 May 2021 at 4:00pm

Vaccinations in England

Northern Ireland

Scotland

Wales

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    clive said:
    clive said:

Maybe it is 50 million in England, 10 million in Wales Scotland & Northern Ireland.

Last updated on Friday 21 May 2021 at 4:00pm

Vaccinations in England

Northern Ireland

Scotland

Wales

You  must be right as the article says 50M doses given in England :-)  Doh.
  • Options
    Been checking for a good slot to book my 1st all day, the only ones local enough to me weren't on days and times that suited. Got to keep looking until more slots open up.

Booked my wife's 1st in for Tuesday. My parents have recently had their second and my father in law's 2nd is next week.
  • Options
    Wallop no.2 done 
    are you allergic to anything “yes …. people “ 
    The twat queuing in front of me (inside) had his mask under his nose. Grrrrrr.
  • Options
    Wallop no.2 done 
    So if you’ve got the virus he would have been breathing it in...
  • Options
    Wallop no.2 done 
    And if he had the virus he would be shedding it more readily than if he had been wearing it.
  • Options
    Wallop no.2 done 
    Yes and if he had the virus everyone else would have been breathing it in (possibly) as masks aren't 100% effective.
  • Options
    How can we, still, over a year on, be explaining this to people? 
    The same as you know/always knew certain people that won't get vaccinated.
    There's little point discussing it, even though it's so disappointing.
  • Options
    On a side note , stewpot from Grange Hill was doing security (separate to Vaccine stuff) at the hospital ….. 
    I knew I recognised him , he pointed me in the direction of the vaccines 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not having it until the trials have finished 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Under 30s expected to be offered vaccine by the end of the week.

Still can’t book mine, nothing at a reasonable location. Am assuming new slots will appear during the week and it just wasn’t being refreshed for certain places over the weekend.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9610623/Younger-people-set-offered-vaccine-Matt-Hancock-says-looking-good-June-21.html
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I have my vaccine today. Think I will get a gym session in before hand in case feel sore for a few days. Being 37, it appears that I should expect to be having Pfizer. 
    If it's Pfizer i think you'll feel fine. Seems to be less after effects for that vaccine.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I have my vaccine today. Think I will get a gym session in before hand in case feel sore for a few days. Being 37, it appears that I should expect to be having Pfizer. 

Or Moderna.