Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Promoted This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Still saying no........but have changed my tune from thinking we wouldn't finish higher than 8th to saying we will lose in the play off semis.
  • Options
    We’ve dropped to 7th and I’ll stick my neck out and predict we won’t see the top six again this season. Hope I’m wrong obviously.
    It's better to be happy than than right
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Since the first ball was kicked this season I have felt we would finish 7th because of the constant injuries to key players. When Inniss and Famewo were out for a long time and Aneke being fragile again this season I was convinced I was correct.

Nads is a good man manager and we are a stable in form.  We had gone stale under Lee Bowyer and it was good for Lee he got a Championship job but also for Cafc as the relationship between Lee and the players was becoming strained.

We could have nearly the whole squad fit for the weekend. Miracles do happen, maybe we can make the playoffs.

We are in good hands, and we must enjoy the journey, even if it does take another season.
  • Options
    With big red 3 from 5 does it, Sunderland or Lincoln will be our semi 
  • Options
    This will sound crass after winning 0-6 but I still think our lack of genuine creativity will see us fall just short. 
  • Options
    We are going to do it... Unbeaten in a while, winning momentum, scoring for fun and keeping clean sheets, key players back from injuries. It's all falling into place at the right time. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    We are going to do it... Unbeaten in a while, winning momentum, scoring for fun and keeping clean sheets, key players back from injuries. It's all falling into place at the right time. 

I couldn't agree more, these are the ingredients that take you up.
    Blunderland fans must be having nightmares seeing our run, then thinking they are bound to end up playing us!
  • Options
    Sunderland at Wembley please! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we will make the play offs and then (hopefully) be the form team with a fully fit squad......I'd fancy us against any of the others in there.

Would rather play Sunderland over 2 legs than at Wembley again (get them out the way)
  • Options
    we will make the play offs and then (hopefully) be the form team with a fully fit squad......I'd fancy us against any of the others in there.

Would rather play Sunderland over 2 legs than at Wembley again (get them out the way)

This.

With our current form, and a full and fit squad, I don't believe any of the other play-off candidates would want to play us.

It would be remarkable considering the run we had mid season, but keep the faith.
  • Options

Agree, I just couldn’t see us beating Sunderland at Wembley a third time in a row.
  • Options
    My brother and I took some action on us to make top 6 after we lost to Blackpool. 12/1 we were to finish 6th. Surely that must have been the biggest price at any point during the season.
  • Options
    Im still saying no but based on it being unlikely. Two months ago I would have said not remotely possible. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Agree, I just couldn’t see us beating Sunderland at Wembley a third time in a row.
    Different teams, different managers, different day. Whyever not ? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Not sure about that, you think that Sunderland will beat us there at sometime.
    Third time lucky springs to mind! 

Whatever we get this season is a massive bonus. 
    You get the feeling the building blocks are in place for a cracking next season, regardless of which division. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s quite incredible how poor Accrington and Doncaster have been in the last 6 weeks or so. At one point, I think they had 4 games in hand each on us. Doncaster in particular, I think, could have been 12 points or something clear of us if they’d won those games in hand. 
  • Options
    I believe, but I think it's one where people will think we've failed if we don't at this stage which is a bit harsh considering the run in. Crewe and Accrington HAVE to be 6 points and neither are bottom of the table dross themselves.

I think we probably need 10 points to be pretty certain of making it and that's a hard set of games to do it.

Adkins has us well set up to get points from the likes of Peterborough though so let's see
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It’s quite incredible how poor Accrington and Doncaster have been in the last 6 weeks or so. At one point, I think they had 4 games in hand each on us. Doncaster in particular, I think, could have been 12 points or something clear of us if they’d won those games in hand. 
    The size of the Accrington squad made me believe that they could never keep their run of form going - Doncaster I think we've been aided by Sheffield Wednesday with them taking Moore.

Ben Whiteman to Preston must have been another big loss for them
  • Options
    Donny have been awful but they can still pull it around. Win their 42nd game and they go 9th and very much back in the mix. 
  • Options
    The size of the Accrington squad made me believe that they could never keep their run of form going - Doncaster I think we've been aided by Sheffield Wednesday with them taking Moore.

Ben Whiteman to Preston must have been another big loss for them
    Hadn’t thought of that with Doncaster, so that makes sense. Agree with Accrington, although I thought something similar with Lincoln and they’ve managed to hold on. 
  • Options
    Maximum points totals and games remaining as I make it:

Team - Max Points - Games Left
    CA - 81 - 5
    OU - 74 - 3
    Po - 77 - 4
    Gi - 71 - 3
    MK - 70 - 3
    IT - 73 - 4
    AS - 73 - 4
    DR - 75 - 5

It would me a massive ask for anyone other than us, Oxford or Portsmouth to do it.
  • Options
     That's why you only focus on the things you can change, you can work on, yourself. 

If we had been too focused on others (and I think we may have been) then we could have become demoralised seeing the gap open up. 
  • Options
    If we beat Posh it will have the added bonus of almost handing Hull the title. Would make the final game of the season more winnable if they have wrapped the title up. Of course I'm ignoring what Leeds did to us in the same position last season.
    Likewise annoying though it was for Lincoln to postpone our game then have an upturn in their performances it could also be to our advantage as when we play the rearranged game with them they will have already secured a play off spot and may be having their eyes on the semi and resting key players.
  • Options
    My Guru is very confident, me a little less so but I'm warming to the idea and things do seem to be coming together nicely.