Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Promoted This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Play like we did in the first half in the last 9 games and there is still a chance. Got to hope the teams around us lose their games in hand though but i think its still doable.
  • Options
    This team are not good enough. Defensively we have been a shambles since December and it has never got better.

Only one team looked like winning that today in the second half and it wasn’t us.

• Options
    Nope, the players dont have it inside them

Think Bowyer is good at identifying players but if there is one issue a bit like 2018/19 it feels like they're the sort of players who dont have the confidence / guts (whatever it is) to grab an opportunity when it arises. Two years ago we couldnt seem to break into the top two when we had about five chances

Now its getting into the Play-Offs themselves

Apart from the Portsmouth game, every result would have gone our way with a win for us today!!
  • Options
    Individual mistakes have cost us all season and again today just dont think they have any mental strength or ability to see games out or play sensible when under pressure 

clear out in the summer either way think it could be a blessing us not going up tbf barely any good enough for championship thats for sure
  • Options
    Season over. Shame.
  • Options
    Big no
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yeah unfortunately we can’t keep the ball out of our own net. As soon as you think things might turn we give away a silly goal and with it much needed points.

It’s going to happen at least 2 or 3 more times between now and May. That will be the difference between 6th and 9th-10th.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It will all come crashing down when Washington comes back from International duty with an injury......and the break upsets the run we are currently on. The first happened with Taylor last season & the second happened last November. This time we will combine the 2.
    Looks like even I was a bit too optimistic as he got knobbled  even before he left these shores.

We now need probably 6 wins from our last 9 games. Not going to happen. Would rather we lost our next couple so we can draw a close to the season early instead of every week wondering "if only, if only". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will all come crashing down when Washington comes back from International duty with an injury......and the break upsets the run we are currently on. The first happened with Taylor last season & the second happened last November. This time we will combine the 2.
    Looks like even I was a bit too optimistic as he got knobbled  even before he left these shores.

We now need probably 6 wins from our last 9 games. Not going to happen. Would rather we lost our next couple so we can draw a close to the season early instead of every week wondering "if only, if only". 
    Your first sentence is one I never thought anyone would write about you. ;)
  • Options
    We're not good enough but neither are any of the teams around us. 

Can see someone finishing 6th winning the play offs.
  • Options
    NO
  • Options
    Don't think so.
  • Options
    Win play offs   1%
    losing finalists   1.5%
    losing semi finalists     12.5%
    7th below     85%
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    I give us 1 chance in 75... We are not good enough and no one cares and some of our players seem to  have been kicked in the head by a horse whrn they were young. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Other teams just want it more. These players on the pitch aren't going to be here next season, why do that extra 10-15% work that gives you the edge? They're only doing just enough to get themselves the next move. It's not an attitude that will get us anywhere worth going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No. Too inconsistent, too many individual mistakes and not a lot of luck.  
  • Options
    Come the Ipswich game there is a strong chance our season is finished.
    I think Adkins has a free hit for the remainder of the season, sort out his best team and stick to it.
  • Options
    It’s nice to dream but no.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    These are Pompey's fixtures. It's really hard to see them finishing below us with these matches to play and the probable "Cowley bounce"

• Options
    Out of the play offs by 3:30 on Saturday, not sure we have anything in use to drag ourselves back in there! 

Good thing is that we have 2 weeks for Adkins to turn things around and implement his ‘way’ - but with teams having their games in hand, will we have left it too late? 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Out of the play offs by 3:30 on Saturday, not sure we have anything in use to drag ourselves back in there! 

Good thing is that we have 2 weeks for Adkins to turn things around and implement his ‘way’ - but with teams having their games in hand, will we have left it too late? 
    Before Saturday.  There are a few midweek games.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    meldrew66 said:
    It’s in our hands still with games to come against teams around us.
    I don’t think, technically, it is in our hands. If we won all of our games and Ipswich won all of their games except the match against us, they would finish in the playoffs and we wouldn’t. 
    As it stands Blackpool are leading Peterboro this evening and have crept above  us with 3 games in hand
  • Options
    We’ve dropped to 7th and I’ll stick my neck out and predict we won’t see the top six again this season. Hope I’m wrong obviously.
  • Options
    We’ve dropped to 7th and I’ll stick my neck out and predict we won’t see the top six again this season. Hope I’m wrong obviously.
    Beat Donny and we may we’ll see 6th again.lose and it’s ‘goodnight nurse’
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Beat Donny and we may we’ll see 6th again.lose and it’s ‘goodnight nurse’
    I think Lincoln are the only team currently above us that we might target but it’s a monumental task given the games teams have in hand of us.