Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Promoted This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    I guess we can see why it takes 3 seasons to get out of this division, looks a big ask now, we’re a club in transition.
  • Options
    Tantrums everywhere 
  • Options
    No chance in hell 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Plenty of time to plan for next season.
  • Options
    NO. We are CRAP
  • Options
    More chance of getting relegated if we keep this rubbish up!
  • Options
    No chance.
  • Options
    Starting to understand why it has taken three years to be promoted the last time we have dropped to this division. Looking like it will take a similar amount of time. 

First time round we saw two managerial changes in Parky and Powell.

Second time round we saw three in Slade, Robbo and Bowyer. 

Wonder how many it will be before we get promoted again.
  • Options
    No - need to start preparing for next season. A clear out of sorts is needed in the summer and we should have an eye on the best young prospects in leagues 1 & 2.

The team spirit from a couple of years ago is clearly missing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can't see it happening now. Even if we have a good run, there are so many other sides with games in hand and doing well.

I reckon 9-12th.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Rochdale A
    Gillingham H
    Fleetwood A
    Burton H
    Blackpool H

These are the rest of our February games.  I don’t think any excuses can be used for anything less than 13 points, that’s what is required now if this magical run is to come.  The next two games for me have got to be wins at all costs, scrappy 1-0s with one shot on target will do.

The so called tougher fixtures all come in April/May so it’s gotta happen for us now or we’ll up being the side that just disrupts other promotion pushes despite having nothing to play for.
  • Options

Just had a look at where we were, February 2019. Obviously we'd played more games:

Luton:      1st  Played 33 Points 71
    Barnsley:  2nd Played 32 Points 65

Pompey : 3rd Played: 32 Points 60
    Sun'land: 4th Played  31 Points 59

Charlton: 5th Played  33 Points 56 

Doncaster: 6th Played 31 Points 53.
    Peterboro:  7th Played 33 Points 52.

Interesting to see we had played more games than our playoff rivals.
    Yet despite their games in hand, with only 13 games to play we overtook them, finishing above them all.

Looking at the top 2, Luton had a 15 point lead, which we eventually  whittled down to 5 points.
    Barnsley, 9 points in front of us, with a game in hand - we finished just 2 points behind.

This table was taken from 16th February 2019, after we had just muddled our way through to a goal-less draw at home to Blackpool.
    A quick look at Charlton Life after that match, shows many people had already given up on promotion and doubted we would even make the playoffs.

On CL nothing changes! :smile:

• Options
    Currently playing the way we are absolutely not a chance on gods earth.  Mathematical however very much so.  Posting this mainly out of boredom but also as a bench mark, way I see it anymore than 2 defeats and it really is good night.

Average 6th place points needed: 73
    Current points: 44

Fixtures:

Blackpool FC H 1

Wigan Athletic A 3

Oxford United A 1

Northampton Town H 3 

Shrewsbury Town H 3

Bristol Rovers H 3

AFC Wimbledon A 3

Crewe Alexandra H 3

Doncaster Rovers A 0

Lincoln City H 1

Sunderland A 0

Ipswich Town H 3

Plymouth Argyle A 3

Peterborough United H 1

Accrington Stanley A 1

Hull City H 1

Forecasted total: 74

• Options
    We will finish about 15th id say
  • Options
    No......because we are not good enough. The attack has been strengthen with the introduction of Millar but we still don't shoot enough or clinical enough in front of goal. Midfield can be slow & ponderous.....with too much backwards & sideways passing. 
    See my post on deadline day. Been saying the same thing since xmas......probably even before that.

Ask me the question now I'll just laugh at you. We probably have one of the best squads in this division but probably one of the most negative & infuriating managers.

Top half is even looking touch & go atm. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Currently playing the way we are absolutely not a chance on gods earth.  Mathematical however very much so.  Posting this mainly out of boredom but also as a bench mark, way I see it anymore than 2 defeats and it really is good night.

Fixtures:

Blackpool FC H 1

Wigan Athletic A 3

Oxford United A 1

Northampton Town H 3 

Shrewsbury Town H 3

Bristol Rovers H 3

AFC Wimbledon A 3

Crewe Alexandra H 3

Doncaster Rovers A 0

Lincoln City H 1

Sunderland A 0

Ipswich Town H 3

Plymouth Argyle A 3

Peterborough United H 1

Accrington Stanley A 1

Hull City H 1

Can I have whatever it is you are on. Seriously.

You've predicted 5 wins on the bounce. FIVE. And unbeaten in our next eight games. 

Wow.

#deluded.

Edit. Sorry, read that as that is what you are predicting, not what (I now assume) is what we need to get into the play offs.

Which just shows how crazy people are thinking we can still go up. Yes, we could, but on the balance of probability......no chance.

• Options

Fixtures:

Blackpool FC H 1

Wigan Athletic A 3

Oxford United A 1

Northampton Town H 3 

Shrewsbury Town H 3

Bristol Rovers H 3

AFC Wimbledon A 3

Crewe Alexandra H 3

Doncaster Rovers A 0

Lincoln City H 1

Sunderland A 0

Ipswich Town H 3

Plymouth Argyle A 3

Peterborough United H 1

Accrington Stanley A 1

Hull City H 1

You've predicted 5 wins on the bounce. FIVE. And unbeaten in our next eight games. 

Wow.

#deluded.

That’s not what I think will happen you dope I’m saying that’s what’s required, minimum.  Go re-read the very first sentence of the post.
  • Options

Fixtures:

Blackpool FC H 1

Wigan Athletic A 3

Oxford United A 1

Northampton Town H 3 

Shrewsbury Town H 3

Bristol Rovers H 3

AFC Wimbledon A 3

Crewe Alexandra H 3

Doncaster Rovers A 0

Lincoln City H 1

Sunderland A 0

Ipswich Town H 3

Plymouth Argyle A 3

Peterborough United H 1

Accrington Stanley A 1

Hull City H 1

Wow.

#deluded.

Edit. Sorry, read that as that is what you are predicting, not what (I now assume) is what we need to get into the play offs.

Which just shows how crazy people are thinking we can still go up. Yes, we could, but on the balance of probability......no chance.

Apology accepted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. Lee hits on a winning formula by accident and we win all our remaining games whilst conceding no goals. 
  • Options
    Not a chance, close thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Big chance to build up a buffer tomorrow.

Pompey v Ipswich
    Oxford v Blackpool

Two draws and the league table could look like this by 5pm...

Charlton 58
    ---
    Ipswich 55 (2 in hand)
    Oxford 54 (2 in hand)
    Pompey 53 (2 in hand)
    Gillingham 53 (0 in hand)
    Blackpool 51 (4 in hand)
  • Options
    There'll be one of two outcomes ... Yes or No. That's my prediction
  • Options
    I give us 1 chance in 4 now... 

Tonight's match will tell us a lot. 

A solid win and belief could start to flow. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Still saying no. Still thinking we wont make the play offs. Happy to be proved wrong but cant see 3 or 4 teams all not getting enough points to go above us.

Finishing position  -  8th.
  • Options
    I still think we will get into the playoffs. There are weird results all the time this year and I can see us beating a few of the teams around us in the run in. We dont deserve it the way we have played this year but it wouldnt surprise me if we got there. Big 3 points today and it's all to play for the next few weeks. Lose and it's over until next season imo
  • Options
    It’s in our hands still with games to come against teams around us.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    It’s in our hands still with games to come against teams around us.
    I don’t think, technically, it is in our hands. If we won all of our games and Ipswich won all of their games except the match against us, they would finish in the playoffs and we wouldn’t. 
  • Options
    If we can string an amazing run of wins together we will make the playoffs, we let in too many goals at the moment though.

I think the damage has already been done this season, but you never know, 5 % chance of the playoffs at the moment?