Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Promoted This Season?

Comments

• Options
    Can’t see it myself, not even sure we will make the play offs.
    Oh, Large ...... I fear you're turning into your brother. :astonished:

• Options
    edited January 2021

And so, looking at the League table ...... we see the difference between Charlton and the top 2 = They've won the games that we've drawn.
    Otherwise our results are similar to theirs.

Now cast your mind back to those draws that we gave away in the last minute, away at Swindon and Shrewsbury - there's 4 points of the 8 points behind the leaders.

Then there are the games we gave both Rochdale and Swindon (H) a 2 goal start, equalised and then missed gilt-edged chances to score the winner - there's another 4 points of the difference behind the top 2.

As it stands, that's the difference between being top of the League and where we sit currently in 7th.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

And so, looking at the League table ...... we see the difference between Charlton and the top 2 = They've won the games that we've drawn.

Now cast your mind back to those draws that we gave away in the last minute, away at Swindon and Shrewsbury - there's 4 points of the 8 points behind the leaders.

Then there are the games we gave both Rochdale and Swindon (H) a 2 goal start, equalised and then missed gilt-edged chances to score the winner - there's another 4 points of the difference behind the top 2.

As it stands, that's the difference between being top of the League and where we sit currently in 7th.

Yup.  That's what happens.

And didn't we get relegated on the strength of one goal?

So ... your point is?
  • Options
    Think we'll finish 10th. 
  • Options
    No. Too inconsistent. 
  • Options
    Play off failure is what I’ve called since the beginning of the season,  not as confident of that now due to how wank we’ve been but promotion no chance .
  • Options
    Can’t see it myself. Too inconsistent. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    7th-9th place finish unless we go on a run of 6 or more consecutive wins AND avoid any further defeats in our remaining games against the top 3 teams. As it stands, with our leaky defence, I can’t see a run happening. 
  • Options
    Far to inconsistent. 
    That run of 15 points from 14 games was extremely poor and has put paid to promotion this season unless we go on a long winning streak which I can't see happening. 
  • Options
    Desperately want to get out of this league but something doesn't seem right and just can't see us doing it. Hope I'm wrong and we have a great run now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many variables would need to go our way to have any chance.
    Can we get Famewo back and keep him fit? Same goes for Shinnie.
    Millar will also play a big part in any success.
    But the big one for me is a striker that consistently scores goals. Stockley will chip in but I think that burden lies with Ronnie. Guess we'll know in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Play off’s at best, but personally see us finishing just outside them.

but still all to play for, win 10 on the bounce & who knows 😂
  • Options
    Sadly and frustrating as it is I think the answer is no. Would love to be wrong more than anything though.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    No chance. Top half probably, play off place remotely possible but unlikely. Promotion not happening this season.
  • Options
    I reckon so, yeah 
  • Options
    Think we will just miss the play-offs. Even if we get there, I think we will fall short.
  • Options
    Yes if we can stop conceeding goals and have a more positive attitude i.e. let's win games rather than not losing them.
  • Options
    To sum it up.....

Play like the first half at MK DONS..... could sneak in...

Play like second half at MK DONS...... Absolutely no chance
  • Options
    Yes due to finishing within the top 6, but possibly no due to finishing outside of the top 6. 
  • Options
    I'm getting a deja vu... was there a poll about 2/3 weeks ago on this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To finish top two need to win at least 15 out of 21. 
    Top six possible and would be a good result taking into account the squad across the season. 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Semi final play off defeat for me. Think we will finish 6th and come up against a very strong side in the play offs. Got the feelings of the 17/18 season again. 

We will be close but I think we will be outclassed by one of the league strong outfits. Out of Doncaster/Hull or Lincoln will be my predictions.

Alternative version we go into the play offs as the worst team but the most experience and we sneak through them by being difficult to beat and hoping they bottle it on the big occasion.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep us Dazz!!

The original was a poll to see if we'd get top six... Now the question is will we get promoted ;)

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90921/poll-will-we-make-the-top-6
  • Options
    Don't think so, too many teams around us with games in hand, they not all going to spunk them like we did.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep us Dazz!!

The original was a poll to see if we'd get top six... Now the question is will we get promoted ;)

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90921/poll-will-we-make-the-top-6
    Ah barely a week ago too. 
  • Options
    Top 2 - 5%
    Playoffs and promotion - 15%
    Playoffs and no promotion - 25%
    Just outside top 6 - 50%
    Mid table - 5%
  • Options
    We are going up 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yup.  That's what happens.

And didn't we get relegated on the strength of one goal?

So ... your point is?
    My point is that's the difference between top 2 and Charlton in 7th.

Those 4 games we should have won - and I mean should have - we only drew, snatching a point from the jaws of victory.
    And the top 2 won theirs .

Those 4 draws.
    It's the only difference between us and top of the League.

• Options
    Yes - outright. Not convinced we'll be champions but I'll take second place.

We are about to go on a 12 match winning run - on 76 points with 9 games to go.

Nurse! NURSE!

• Options
    Still no
    blown too many points by not having fit able defenders multiplied by the Bowyer psychosis for square pegs in round holes