Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    The ref was shit but blaming him for the first two goals screams desperation 
     It's nonsense and I said as much on the match thread.
     It's league one. The refs are consistently shit
  • Options
    Well that was dreadful!!

Bowyer got rid of his 2 main scapegoats yesterday, so who's fault is it now??

I've plenty more to say, but I love this forum so don't want to get banned. 

Night all
    Say it mate you only get banned on the political threads...lol how's my home town....
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Bowyer literally just said "I don't fink they're betterer than us"

Don't be a snob.  He's come out of canning town and doesn't pretend to be anything he's not.

I normally wouldn't, but 'betterer'? C'mon ffs lol
    I agree with the football side at times with you but let’s leave the pronunciation etc. It’s shitty. 
    Fine fine. I consciously try to avoid being snobbish as I'm a total posho but I'm so pissed off I couldn't help myself. Consider it never to be repeated
  • Options
    Garry Nelson on Valley Pass Saturday! 
  • Options
    So much reference to wonder goals too. Did we expect professionals in L1 to just hoof chances into row Z.
  • Options
    The ref was shit but blaming him for the first two goals screams desperation 
    Why was he shit?
  • Options
    Keep Bowyer and we're essentially writing off best season as well imo. He's unable to learn, the post match comments prove it.
  • Options
    I understand the thinking off playing Maatson with Portsmouth pace up top but he has been off the pace for a while and was awful defending tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garry Nelson on Valley Pass Saturday! 
    Could do a job on the pitch
  • Options
    Poke fun at his post match comments themselves but not how he pronounces words fkn hell. Proper snobby that is 
  • Options
    Didn't watch it....did I miss much
    What !!!!!
    Chips..it was a classic
  • Options
    Okay okay I said I was sorry, jesus! Talking myself into the path of the pitchforks here lol
  • Options
    On the Night we hit the woodwork and we should of had a penalty, But Portsmouth were the best team and deserved to win.
    and like I have said for the last 8 Games, until we get AKEN & INNIS back and stop making Stupid defensive errors this inconsistent shit storm will continue.
    forget Top two, if we make the playoffs that is all we will do as we have dropped too many points due to stupid defensive fuck -ups 👎👎
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Absolutely sick of us playing and setting up to try and win in the second half! This rubs off on the players and it shows. PLAY YOUR BEST SIDE FROM THE START!  All the chopping and changing is causing a lot of this. 

We need a settled side and they will get used to who they're playing alongside. But what do I know starting to really piss me off Bowyer.

JUST.GO.BACK.TO.BASICS!!!
    4-4-2 with wide players.. Everyone can see the narrow diamond doesn't work but Bowyer persists with it in the first half only to change it because we were behind as usual! Can't keep conceding 2's and 3's a game and expect results.

The two positives are Millar looks dangerous every time he runs with the ball and Stockley is a proper target man who wins everything. Other than that we look terrible and mid table mediocrity is what we are heading for. 

We have no excuses with this squad either. Things are not working and haven't been working for a long time now.
    spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, but Maatson wasn't to blame for tonight. Immediately before the goal Gunter gave the ball away sloppily (not the first time). Second goal we should have cleared that (Gunter again), but he isn't a centre half! Third was ridiculous. 

We are a team totally lacking in confidence trying to play football that our lack of confidence prevents us doing. We need to go a bit more back to basics, get confidence back and play more football as that builds. 

I was saying all along we needed a centre half. That is where we are gifting goals and chances. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Didn't watch it....did I miss much
    As a Charlton fan You’d have been more entertained watching the test card.
  • Options
    Everyone else just feel massively deflated?
    Not really. Just used to it now.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Can't remember feeling worser after a game
    Pot.

Kettle.

Blackerer.
    How about worse ?😂
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Can't remember feeling worser after a game
    Pot.

Kettle.

Blackerer.
    Racerist.