Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    What fecking shape was that 4222??????
    shite set up 
  • Options
    "I would have loved to have a player like Stockley to run around"

Therein lies some of the problem, it's not all about Bows as a player/manager any more. 
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match:

”Overall very disappointing. I don’t think Portsmouth are better than us, even after a 3-1 defeat. But if you don’t match what they do, you’l lose. We gifted it to them”

”First 10 minutes we started well. We just give goals away. We’re too soft”

”Good start to second half. Managed to get back in the game. Again we have to defend properly. Has to be a penalty for us though.”

”Free header for second goal wasn’t good enough.

”Ref fell for all there play acting tonight.”

”On another day, would we have won, no I don’t think so”

Stockley caused them problems all night. Held it up well. Nodding it down for other players.”
    Just rarely ever Schwartz for some reason. 
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match:

”Overall very disappointing. I don’t think Portsmouth are better than us, even after a 3-1 defeat. But if you don’t match what they do, you’l lose. We gifted it to them”

”Good start to second half. Managed to get back in the game. Again we have to defend properly. Has to be a penalty for us though.”

”Stockley caused them problems all night. Held it up well. Nodding it down for other players.”
    No Lee, you gifted it to them with the team selection and formation. 
  • Options
    You know when we start winning Bowyer won't be saying "We gotta thank them because they gifted the goals"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too many questions about the Top 6 rather than the @Dazzler21 stats.
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match:

”Stockley caused them problems all night. Held it up well. Nodding it down for other players.”
    Continued:

”Ronnie needs service and from someone like Stockley.”

”Our decision making is wrong. We got in to good positions. Final ball or pass isn’t good enough.”

”We’ve got a run of games where we need a winning run if we want top 2 or top 6”

”I won’t make excuses, we didn’t deserve to win tonight”

”Akin is training. Let’s see how he goes. He’ll be in the squad Saturday. Have to see what we can do with him”

”I believe we have enough for top 6. If we don’t it won’t be successful in my opinion. I believe we can do it”
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bowyer literally just said "I don't fink they're betterer than us"

Don't be a snob.  He's come out of canning town and doesn't pretend to be anything he's not.

I normally wouldn't, but 'betterer'? C'mon ffs lol
  • Options
    I feel sorry for all those that lumped on top 6 finish 

even concerned for those that have top half. 
  • Options
    The ref was shit but blaming him for the first two goals screams desperation 
    Maybe the ref could come out and ask why he played JFC for 90mins.
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match:

Continued:

”Ronnie needs service and from someone like Stockley.”

”Our decision making is wrong. We got in to good positions. Final ball or pass isn’t good enough.”

”We’ve got a run of games where we need a winning run if we want top 2 or top 6”

”I won’t make excuses, we didn’t deserve to win tonight”

”Akin is training. Let’s see how he goes. He’ll be in the squad Saturday. Have to see what we can do with him”

”I believe we have enough for top 6. If we don’t it won’t be successful in my opinion. I believe we can do it”
    Well there you go fella's who don't think Bowyer can put a foot wrong and its always the players fault. Even he is accepting we are under performing. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not much to say about that other than this being the first game I paid for and I was quite impressed with the Valley Pass production. Maybe when we get Innis and Famewo back we might be a bit more stable at the back but we are not finishing anywhere near top 6 this season. Maybe my expectations were too high early on after getting a new owner bringing a bit of stability. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    No, they aren't, Lee.  But their manager is betterer than you.
    Jesus wept... How childish can you get when you point out how someone talks!!
    Oh come on, Wheresmeticket's comment was very funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't watch it....did I miss much
  • Options
    I'd like to wager a bet that Gunter has prob played most minutes on the pitch than any outfield player. 

That's a fucking joke in itself. 

There is certainly a mates mates mentality. 
  • Options
    Our only plan all night seemed to be knock it up to stockley and play off the knock downs, the amount of aimless crosses put in by Matthews was laughable 
    Wish that was the plan. It actually seemed to be knock it up to Stockley and ignore the fact he's winning everything by being far too far from him.
  • Options
    Oh my Christ, I am a big Lee fan but some of the stuff he has said is bizarre. Just mentioned about going for top2 or 'staying' in the top6. Come on Lee ffs, everyone can see the table, we would be fortunate to get top6 at this point, stay in it Jesus wept. 

12 wins at least we need, I don't see it, the defense is just too poor 
  • Options
    Curbs ... give it up too.

Apparently we lost to some wonder goals tonight.

It's getting embarrassing.

PS Rochdale's pitch will be shit.
  • Options
    No way we are top 6 material. Waiting for the run Lee. Getting close ! Closer to the bottom 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone know when Portsmouth have lost in the league when being referred by Lee Swabey. He appears to have an interesting record with them.
    Yeah bit fishy him dribbling through the middle of our defence and planting one in the top corner....

Oh wait no hang on, Lee Bowyer could have been the referee tonight and we would have lost, stop looking for excuses away from the players and staff

The point is that everytime they were tackled they fell over and were given a foul and a free kick. Not being treated equally frustrated our players. The penalty not given even when Swabey had a clear view. We may not have won under Madleyas ref, but we were  not treated evenly.

Pompey look to have 100% record in the league under Swabey officiating.