Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Curbs for me 
  • Options
    Really poor, Pompey were the better team let's have it right but some of those players are so poor. My biggest criticism of Lee is the tinkering, why drop Purrington and Millar? They looked good together, when we play our best football Aneke is on the pitch, why not start him? So many questions.

Ultimately though as said above we do have a team that is not as good as our last league 1 campaign, the question is, is the league that much harder or is Lee not getting the best out of the squad he has.

Terrible game to watch, only Stockley who started comes out with any credit. Two wins in 5 now I believe, we need to win this weekend, too many teams with games in hand.

Nothing else to add, just feel really flat right now, what a nothing game from us 
  • Options
    We are at the point that nobody can argue against the stats now of games, wins, losses, goals conceded. 
  • Options
    Poor and like watching so many of our performances over the last couple of months. 

Midfield overrun, lost the battles, was second best, slow and predictable. 

Don’t get why millar on the bench, we need the pace as an outlet as our midfield not good enough to control games. 

Getting feed up of all the swapping week in week out, need a settled team. Players need a run of games to gel together. 

Mistakes keep happening costing but it’s down to not doing the basics. 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m a Bowyer advocate. I think he has deserved some time but I can’t support that today.

It’s almost as though he has too many options. I am in no way qualified to give him advice but regardless of TS’s public support for him when he bought us I can’t see him accepting this for long and I get the feeling Ged Roddy is nobody’s fool.

It could be that Bowyer has 4 or 5 games to save his job. 
  • Options
    Well played Stockley  , Smith looks like he might have something  , but the rest absolute garbage . Watson needs to be binned sharpish .
  • Options
    Absolute garbage.....no system, tactics or ideas.  We just lump it long and hope for a second ball.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our defence is a shambles, and until we 'fix' that we are going nowhere, we need Akin back as a matter of urgency and I'd play Deji alongside him (until Innis is back)....Pratley is a liability as well he was bloody awful tonight.

What was Watson doing for their 3rd??

Not good, not good at all, despite the fact we should have had a stonewall penalty....it still was a piss poor performance. 

Curbs just said they we're worthy winners and I cant argue with that, it looked like men against boys or indeed OAPS's!!!
    Enough said.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Our only plan all night seemed to be knock it up to stockley and play off the knock downs, the amount of aimless crosses put in by Matthews was laughable 
  • Options
    I am fast losing patience with Bowyer but I do not think Jackson should escape from taking some of the blame. I am hearing he coaches the defense so he aint doing a very good job.
  • Options
    Bowyer just walking over to Minto now
  • Options
    Was grim and unenjoyable for most parts after decent spells early in the first half.

Want Bowyer to make it work and for it all to click but am really bemused by the lack of shoring up the central defence which has cost us so many points the past 2 months.  Been playing bit part/ non natural CBs who have not commanded the position and we're starting every game with a huge vulnerability in that department.

Formation was dire and didn't work and don't know why we stuck with it.

That's my criticism of Bowyer and he really needs to play his best players in their best positions in a sensible formation- go 4 4 2 for a bit to keep it simple.  

As for the players, some of them look like they don't know what they are doing and the amount of errors, mistakes and shoddy passing from seasoned pros is piss poor. 

Bowyer needs to get his act together but so do a vast number of players.

I've written this season off at the outset but at the same time want to see something from Bowyer and his squad to give confidence for next term.  

Most my faith has faltered so far under Bowyer's stewardship and really hope he can turn it around as that was grim in many ways and I cannot understand the lack of acknowledgement of defensive problems in our transfer dealings.

Hopefully it will click and Saturday's game up at Rochdale will tell a lot about how the rest of the season will go I reckon. Fingers crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here comes bowyer. This will be fun.

Cue "It's not my fault"
  • Options
    Pissed off with that, only positive was Marquis didn’t score, would love to be a fly on TS’s wall where ever that might be. 

Gutless and clueless performance both team & management. 
  • Options
    23 wins from the last 72 games 
  • Options
    Anyone know when Portsmouth have lost in the league when being referred by Lee Swabey. He appears to have an interesting record with them.
    Yeah bit fishy him dribbling through the middle of our defence and planting one in the top corner....

Oh wait no hang on, Lee Bowyer could have been the referee tonight and we would have lost, stop looking for excuses away from the players and staff
  • Options
    Bowyer's decision to not start Millar tonight after an outstanding performance in the last game was mindblowingly stupid. 

I just genuinely don't get it.
    absolutely - can anybody think of 1 good reason as to why he was dropped? and why play big man / small man up top and have no wide play?i could go on but can't be bothered - i'm done with bowyer - he's no manager 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    That was hard to watch. The most braindead set of players I’ve ever seen. So many individual errors that led to that loss.

Without the stupid errors from defenders and midfield it would have been a fairly even game. Pompey were the better side no doubt about it, it’s just a shame we gifted them the victory. 

Predictably, people will hound Bowyer out like a mob, but it’s the players that are making the errors on the pitch.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Any one know how far Akin and Iniss are from returning?
    August