Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

First thing’s first: this thread will not be for the weak of heart. 

First half was not good. But we were still in it at halftime.

We looked more fluid going forward in the second half with Millar, particularly. Great that Stockley got off the mark. Not sure how he gets to some of the balls he does, controls and lays them off, but it will prove a great help if we’re able to get a grip on the second half of the season. Our problems stem from poor defending, as always. To concede two in a short spell of time meant that any comeback was not to be.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Dog TURDS
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. 
    uta. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This result was not that much different from what I expected. We are just not that good and even when we started well, a study of the data showed we were in a temporarily state of overperformance. We’ve not won two in a row since November 3rd, 2020.

I hope Gallen is already scouting out some permanent replacements for the summer cuz we are gonna need them all over the pitch. 
  • Options
    Piss piss piss poor. 
  • Options
    Any one know how far Akin and Iniss are from returning?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one of the worst performances of the season. Glad we used the transfer window so well 
  • Options
    I just want to see us put in a good performance over 90 minutes, that’s all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going nowhere until famewo and Inniss are back. When that might be or how long they will be fit for will determine how close we get to the playoffs, imo. Don't think we will make them.
  • Options
    That is it for me.... We could have played for another 2 days and wpn't score.  I have acepted season is over for us tonight. We have to play the top 1- in our final run and we can't beat anyone.  What is Bow's record until tonight?  Is it 2 wins in 20?  What is Paul Cook doing nowadays? 
  • Options
    The worry for me is that we haven't looked at it for months. Even when we win it's never convincing.

Another classic naive performance from the selection to play on the pitch.
    Something has to change.
  • Options
    4 wins in our last 17
    0 home wins in the last 5
    2 or more goals conceded 9 times in the last 11 games
    17 goals conceded in our last 6 at home

It’s unacceptable. As I said in the match thread, it would be difficult to find a manager who would do worse with this squad.
    We'll probably find one...