Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    That defence should hang their heads in shame. Matthews, Gunter, Maatsen, Pratley, Watson... that's as bad as it gets. Going forward the decisions have to be so much better. Stockley won everything and no one was able to finish. Crap. 

Don't get me started on the officials. 
  • Options
    If JFC plays next game I give up. Albie was better and got pulled. Bowyer does have favorites Pratley, Watson, JFC. We were all crying out for a CB in the window. I’ve lost faith in LB 
  • Options
    Can't defend or excuse that performance. Poor. Play offs now looking a bridge too far. Some poor performances. Struggling with a positive tonight other than Stockley.
  • Options
    Amos and Stockley played well. But that was just soul destroying, this many basic errors from experienced professionals who should know better appears to be the culture now. Big chance tonight to start stringing some wins together, now we'll have to start again and I can't see that being at Rochdale.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Stockly had a great game, Deji did ok. Gunter is not a centre half. 

Probably partly due to lack of confidence but our passing, whether under pressure or not is too sloppy and allied to that poor touches and lack of movement and if you intend to pass your way to goals, you are in trouble.

Until we get Famewo back, we probably need to go more direct. Can't see Bowyer doing that but we gift games too often as it stands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Home form is shocking...and the amount of goals conceded at The Valley is ridiculous (away ain't much better)
  • Options
    1 shot on goal all night no plane b and always wait till half time why. Time to go bowyer this is shit football it really looks like none of them give a fuck
  • Options
    You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. In the name of God, go
  • Options
    Watson.
    jeez.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    That is it for me.... We could have played for another 2 days and wpn't score.  I have acepted season is over for us tonight. We have to play the top 1- in our final run and we can't beat anyone.  What is Bow's record until tonight?  Is it 2 wins in 20?  What is Paul Cook doing nowadays? 
    Happily take him as manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season over. Nothing to see here tonight. Can see us 2 or 3 down against Rochdale at the weekend chasing another game. Time to bowyer to move on and for us too. 

New ideas and energy needed for the rebuild.
  • Options
    Couple of observations;

We look gash when playing with a diamond, we must play with width. 442 or don’t bother.

Stockley is quality.

I hope Schwartz isn’t match fit because he looks miles off it.

Watson is useless.

Maatsen needs a few weeks rest, looks a shadow of the player he looked first few games.

Millar must start.

LB is a negative manager.
    You spelled "shit" wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Absolute dog shit again. Im not certain the return of our first choice centre backs will make much difference. The midfield provide no protection as they can't keep the ball. And with schoolboy errors from senior professionals we are constantly fighting a losing battle.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    PaddyP17 said:
    That was wank. 

Get rid of basically everyone whose contract is up in the summer. Watson; Pratley; Pearce - they're too old and too slow. We won't be able to retain the loanees, and frankly I'd rather we signed players for the long term.

Other teams like Accrington can outperform the wage cap, and we've always thought Gallen has been shrewd. With or without Bowyer - honestly indifferent at this point - we should be able to compete next year with the right moves.

I've resigned myself to a decent but non-promotion finish and am looking ahead to 2021/22. Very surprised I'm so detached with so long to go in the season.
    JFC needs to go if we're serious about challenging for promotion next season. Too pedestrian for me.