Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst away game been to watching Charlton

In the spirit of the ‘fave’ thread, how about the worst away game and why 

I offer you up my worst - Gillingham away FA Cup 2004 - lost 3-2 - shit town, shit ground, shit home fans, shit Charlton performance - I work with a Gills fan (total knob head) and he regularly trots this game out - in fact he emailed me this morning with a photo of Tommy Johnson scoring in that game - tosser

Comments

• Options
    Any Luton or QPR match played on their green plastic carpets 
  • Options
    Watford 5 nil in 2015, left after the 4th went in. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Plenty, but the one that most readily springs to mind is Colchester in the cup.
    Yes I was at that one too, coldest away game Ive been to, took days to get warm again!
  • Options
    this was pretty dire
  • Options
    Colchester cup game in the rain is up there for me.
  • Options
    Watford away with Luzon in the stands was pretty pants. 

Operation Ewood

Operation Riverside
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    4-0 loss at Millwall

5-0 loss at Watford 

Cup loss at Boro night game. Can’t even remember what time in the morning dad & I finally got back to Welling. Even one of our goals was a low point as we all went crazy and my dad ended up going over a couple of rows of seats. 

Reading away under Les Reed. Terrible day from moment arrived in Reading, with that stupid bus you have to get from train station. Only time ever left a game early, as soon as hit 90, we left to make sure got on that bus and the hell out of Reading asap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Brighton 7-0 thrashing wasn't good, nor the Burnley 7-1...too many other drab 2 or 3-0 defeats up north to remember. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Stig said:
    Plenty, but the one that most readily springs to mind is Colchester in the cup.
    Yes I was at that one too, coldest away game Ive been to, took days to get warm again!
    I think the weather was ok, that icy chill was coming from my heart as I felt increasingly demoralised ;)
  • Options
    Anyone who braved the Hull drumming a few seasons ago when Henderson came out after and apologised to the fans! That was an awful afternoon! 
  • Options
    Reading pre-season friendly back in 70's ... trouble with locals from the moment our train arrived ... running fights in the street, at least 20% of us never even made it to the ground due to being stopped by the police
  • Options
    4-0 loss at Millwall

5-0 loss at Watford 

Cup loss at Boro night game. Can’t even remember what time in the morning dad & I finally got back to Welling. Even one of our goals was a low point as we all went crazy and my dad ended up going over a couple of rows of seats. 

Reading away under Les Reed. Terrible day from moment arrived in Reading, with that stupid bus you have to get from train station. Only time ever left a game early, as soon as hit 90, we left to make sure got on that bus and the hell out of Reading asap. 
    one of the coldest nights I have ever endured at a football game 
  • Options
    The most pissed off I've been at an away game was the FA cup quarter final against Sheff Utd.
    good call!
  • Options
    The most pissed off I've been at an away game was the FA cup quarter final against Sheff Utd.
    This. 

I was in Leeds at the time and stupidly didn’t go to the Wednesday game so was really excited for this and ended up so disappointed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d actually managed to forget was at this one. Miserable day. Couldn’t believe it after the highs the week before of knocking out Wednesday. Early kick off. Our last game with Sir Chris. 
  • Options
    Millwall 4-0
    Colchester 4-0
    Sheff Utd in the cup QF

Coldest I’ve ever been at football was the Huddersfield away 1-0 win. Harriott scored after a min I think we left after 60.
  • Options
    This. 

I was in Leeds at the time and stupidly didn’t go to the Wednesday game so was really excited for this and ended up so disappointed. 
    Exactly the same for me. 
  • Options
    South Bermondsey in march 2010. with a front line of Mooney and Sodje. 4 nil to the spanners who were rocking all over the world. fuckers. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Another odd one for me... Plymouth 2-2 Charlton in 2008

Hadnt seen us win away for years and was beginning to think it was a jinx, 1-0 down right until the last few minutes when we equalised and then got a penalty in injury time to make it 2-1, Plymouth went straight down the other end and Mpenza I think it was got the equaliser!!

Funnily looking back on it; Arsenal and Liverpool are the only two wins I've seen on the road above League One

And apart from the Play-Off Final at Wembley, those were my first two away games
  • Options
    Any of the Luton away games (rated on the whole experience). Stopped going to those after a while....just wasn't worth it. 

For disappointment.....the WBA FA Cup game in 1990. We just couldn't catch a break that season and the FA Cup was just starting to offer some hope. Could not believe our lack of fortune that day! 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    the game that i was most pissed of with was Colchester in the FA Cup. we lose 2-1 and that prat Fraeye was in charge. The players were embarrassing that day. 

(Boone was actually on the bench for Colchester that day) 
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited February 2021
    Watford 0-5. Tough to watch. Wheels started to fall off from there...