Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Another gutless display  . We are very average all over the park . Losing to shit like gillingham is embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Red card a factor but we'd already shipped another two at home.  We've been unlucky with defensive injuries but we look brittle in every home game.  What a miserable last 12 months to be a Charlton fan, on the pitch
  • Options
    Just not good enough. Always a case of 1 step forwards and 2 steps back with this team.

Also why is it when the opposition gets a player sent off we rarely capitalise on it yet we lose one and we're guaranteed to drop points as a result.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Gillingham win their Cup final. Not in the least bit surprised. 

Sadly that's pretty much the season over for us . This defence is just not good enough.

Every effort has to go towards next season now and hopefully crowds back at The Valley.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Well that was rather pony 
  • Options
    Tinkering beat like for like replacements too. Smith on for JFC and DJ on as a wildcard later in the game would have been a better plan. A midfield four of Millar, Pratley, Shinnie, DJ is a bit naive. 
  • Options
    Our real position is more like 9th/10th. That’s just simply not good enough. Looking forward to this run we’re gonna put together, been waiting months and months now
  • Options
    After chucks got the first booking he was still fresh in the refs mind so he was "got to get this guy off he has lost his temper someone is going to get hurt bad."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2021 at home: LLDDL (2pts from 5)

2021 away: WWLWL (9pts from 5)

If that doesn’t tell you that the problem lies with playing in an empty home stadium, nothing will.

It doesn’t tell me that that’s the problem. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Defence were bullied all afternoon.

Yes all 3 Gillingham strikes were good (2nd excellent) but how much time and space did each player have?

We looked lively going forwards at times, but conversely looked like conceding everytime Gillingham went forward. We are just so open and get done on the break time and time and again. Its boring watching the same defensive mess week after week.

Two stupid bookings from Aneke.

Out of the play offs and TBH I don't expect us to get back in them.
  • Options
    I'm tired of saying we were unlucky and too many things went against us. There are always setbacks. Good teams fight back and get results anyway. 
  • Options
    We are an awful team to watch and the ref didn't help. 
  • Options
    Every time I think our defending can’t get any worse they prove me wrong.  From Deji nodding the ball causally back inside to their forward to set up the first to Purrington backing off into the Jimmy Seed to allow the third it was woeful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The rule has to be only buy the away games on valley pass
  • Options
    Stockley is a quality player and a workhorse. 

One of the only players in this side I feel confident in.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Another shocker, same old story but this week we conceded after 21 seconds! Sound like a broken record every week. 

This season is a right off for me, on the back foot from the first game. This team isnt good enough, we have to rebuild properly in the summer and get out this shit league but we look shit so maybe it’ll be longer. 

This team is soft and their third was an absolute disgrace, allowing Dempsey to stroll in and score. 
  • Options
    Almost every game our defenders make individual elementary mistakes, today was Oshilaja heading the ball towards the penalty area and Purrington holding off the tackle at the end. So that is bad enough, but also as a unit they cannot stop shots coming in from outside the area I also think Amos is under par and has barely made a decent save for months.
    Strengthening the defence should have been a priority in January and I do not buy the argument there was noone available. I think they believed that Famewo and Inniss would be back and extra defenders were a luxury. A colossal misjudgement which we are paying for every week.
    I said before the game I would be surprised if Famewo and Inniss ever start a game together again. Even if we scrape into the playoffs, with this defence we are very unlikely to beat any of the top 6.
  • Options
    Performing like this... getting these results with the group of players at our disposal.

It just isn’t good enough. End of.
  • Options
    Apart from Gunter, the other three would struggle to get a contract anywhere else. Deji showed there is always a mistake in him, Pearce career is running down and Purrington is just not good enough.
  • Options
    only one team was going to win this game until the sending off ... massive game changer again going against us ... the ref was awful should be a complaint by the club bloody Steve Evans would have been fairer .... can’t really fault the boys as I say think we would have won ....