Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Lee ? .. time for your replacement to come in a s a p
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

It really is a crap league, no one has lost less than 5 (Sunderland) and it should have been a decent year to make a go for the top two, but sadly I don't see us even making the play offs (but is still possible of course) and we're set for another year in this god awful league.
    Hull City have lost 9 games also - and they are 2nd.

Managed to lose at home to MK today, as well.

• Options
    If nothing changes, things stay the same.

Something has to change; Tactics? Formation? Training?.....Bowyer?
  • Options
    18 games to save our season (achieve playoffs minimum)
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, do the right thing and save our season. Get rid and do everything you can to get Paul Cook in.
    What if Paul Cook doesnt work?
    Bowyer isn't working.
    You do realise the next man could do even worse right?

Its one thing that hasnt been given ANY consideration by the majoity who want Bowyer In or Out
    It's true, but on that basis we shouldn't have sacked any manager ever.  Including the ones you didn't like/rate/want.  Karel Fraeye would still be manager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:
    How on earth can anyone blame the manager for that performance, when players consistently play below their ability level, it’s down to them. We didn’t close them down in our final third, they scored two cracking goals and we gave them the third.
    We hit the post and the bar in the first twenty minutes and Chuks should not have been dismissed, but all the supporters saying Bow should go need to have a little think...
    Using subs would be a start
  • Options
    The heady days following the win over Rochdale seem a million miles away tonight.
    Also, we may be wining the league on red and yellow cards, but we are comfortably the softest team in the division.
  • Options
    TS says we've got one of the best attacks in the league, Bowyer says we're overachieving. If you wanted confirmation for the 'has Bowyer lost it' thread, you've now got it.
  • Options
    " over achieving " oh dear. I honestly dont know what to say to that ! 21 pts from 18 games ???? 
    I think we are reaching a point of no return unfortunately 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Overachieving Lee?? WTF are you on about! 

Maybe not what is he on about, more what is he on to say that.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    How on earth can anyone blame the manager for that performance, when players consistently play below their ability level, it’s down to them. We didn’t close them down in our final third, they scored two cracking goals and we gave them the third.
    We hit the post and the bar in the first twenty minutes and Chuks should not have been dismissed, but all the supporters saying Bow should go need to have a little think...
    Because if ALL the players play below their ability level for over a year ALL the players can't be at fault? 
  • Options
    To jump on the bandwagon .... 

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Up until today, I honestly thought we’d sneak into the play-offs. Not now. Our defence is shocking. Chalk and cheese to last week. How much time and space did we give their players for the goals. Shocking
  • Options
    Plenty of conversation regarding Bower's future on here, Louis...
  • Options
    I can't work out who is most at fault the players or Bowyer.
    Most weeks we stand off and let the opposition shoot at goal from outside the area and then complain that they score worldies.

If you let teams have shots unchallenged they will & do curl & smash the ball into the top corner.
    It's nothing to do with luck and everything to do with poor defending by the entire team.

I'm sick of watching our players stand off and let the opposition shoot unchallenged.
    We are never given the same luxury by the opposition when we go forward. Our midfield always seem to go missing when they walk past our defence and smash one past Amos. Our midfield are supposed to be the first line of defence.
  • Options
    He's got to mean underachieving right? 

The rest of his quote doesn't make sense if it's overachieving. 
  • Options
    I think technically it was a yellow. Some refs wouldn't have given it, giving Aneke the benefit of the doubt, but we can't complain about it.
  • Options
    I didn't think we were that bad today, and overall deserved at least a point, if not all 3. 

However, there is a fundamental weakness in the team, as for so many goals to go in from distance suggests there's something wrong, whether in the defence, the midfield pressing or the goalkeeper, issues which weren't resolved in the January transfer window despite us bringing 5 players in, and not resolved in the coaching

The game management today was curious too. 3 central midfielders on the bench, yet none brought on when JFC went off in the first half. Morgan getting 4 minutes today, and Smith not coming on at all.