Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Got called into work at 7.30 this morning due to a colleague feeling ill...All the other engineers were changing their betting selections as the morning progressed due to the number of games being called off. A few asked me about us, I said away win, no they joked banker home...
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I prefer this version of LB backing his player, rather than battering him. 

"Decision was massive Scottie, we would have gone on to win the game"
    Might have spoke bit soon, 1st goal is being analysed now. Osh is copping it. 
  • Options
    Bowyer is happy where we are. Well I’m fucking not, get that defence sorted you imbecile 
  • Options
    I really don't know what to think about Lee Bowyer,  but one thing that is absolutely evident is that nothing has changed. 
      As much as I believe he's a Charlton man through and through I think as a manager he seems to be limited and not experienced enough to be able to change things and to galvanise a team.
       Who on earth is in charge of defensive coaching really needs to be replaced  .
        Last weekend against Rochdale we played with the ball on the floor and started to look like a team, this week ,we're back to lumping it high and long again.
        Just listened to LB  and says he's "happy with where we are and happy the way we're playing!!!!"
       I'm lost for words now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    how the f**k can Bowyer say he’s happy with that 
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, do the right thing and save our season. Get rid and do everything you can to get Paul Cook in.
    What if Paul Cook doesnt work?
    Bowyer isn't working.
    You do realise the next man could do even worse right?

Its one thing that hasnt been given ANY consideration by the majoity who want Bowyer In or Out
    would be hard to worse than Bowyer is at the moment
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, do the right thing and save our season. Get rid and do everything you can to get Paul Cook in.
    What if Paul Cook doesnt work? - Seems to be a bit of a given that he'll do the job seeing he's done well at this level himself before now, there are no givens in this Sports
    Let's get him in and we'll find out. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    Stockley is a quality player and a workhorse. 

One of the only players in this side I feel confident in.
    Are you allowed to make a comment on a players ability after seeing so little of him? 
    Well you can see he's a decent player as he's already got two goals

You on the other hand have written off Jaiyesimi after less than ninety minutes of football - Of course someone can equally be wrong in being positive after an early start, but negative and saying someone doesnt look good enough is a lot worse in my book as they need an opportunity

You also said Jaiyesimi looks nothing compared to Millar

Yet already has more goals and assists at this level for a shitter team
    I also said what? I said one thing, that 'the difference in quality between him and Millar is striking'. So please don't put words in my mouth. 

Almost as worse and when your tried to defend Bowyer by making a comment along the lines that managers never admit their mistakes in press conferences. 

Or was I wrong with what I saw in that match today? I'd like you thoughts on how you think their performances matched up. 

You say a positive thing about a player. Like people said about Stockley after one game (me included), and the likes come rolling in. You say you think a player is not as good as another player and you get called a bellend and the usual thought police just having a go and not even offering up a counter argument.

Double standards. 
  • Options
    Not sure I see the point of TS keeping LB and seeing the season out...

Might as well get rid now because let's be honest if 15,000 fans had witnessed this shit for the last few weeks LB would have been toast!

Simply not good enough and excuses are bordering on the laughable...another 18 games of this and we will all be on antidepressants!

This league is honestly the worst ever so there's still a chance of the playoffs but not with LB. 
  • Options
    Bowyer isn't working.

Its one thing that hasnt been given ANY consideration by the majoity who want Bowyer In or Out
    Would it... Its why I keep stressing that people need to be careful what they wish for - As I've said before, not that many would hold their hands up and admit they were wrong if that happened
  • Options
    What if Paul Cook doesnt work? - Seems to be a bit of a given that he'll do the job seeing he's done well at this level himself before now, there are no givens in this Sports
    No guarantees but it certainly isn’t working at the moment with Bowyer
  • Options
    2021 at home: LLDDL (2pts from 5)

2021 away: WWLWL (9pts from 5)

If that doesn’t tell you that the problem lies with playing in an empty home stadium, nothing will.

Absolutely nothing wrong with our away form but for some reason it’s all going to pot at home.
    You can’t have it both ways. 
    Maybe we have benefited from the away games being in front of no home crowd. 

Best thing to do is average it out and 11 points from 10 is relegation form. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could he do any worse?

18 goals conceded in the last 7 home games, mostly to shit teams. We're a shambles.
  • Options
    Both us and Hull decide to give the teams with games in hand a bit off a help with ZERO points and a heavy electricity bill.
  • Options
    If our manager is happy with that then we are going nowhere fast. Times up Bowyer we need fresh ideas sharpish.
  • Options
    Same as every other home game. Stupid mistakes and the build up to slow. 

We are too weak and easy to play against. Any manager who can organise their side and make themselves difficult to beat will get a result against us.

Let’s be honest we aren’t going to do anything by conceding two goals every home match. It’s shocking. 

I don’t think Innis and Famewo returning will resolve the problems we have in this squad. 
  • Options
    Might I suggest a defensive coach is in order.
  • Options
    and yes I get all arguments abut him staying during the crazy Duchatelet end days and Southall/Nimer shitshow, transfer embargo and that managers aren't given enough time nowadays etc but I'm just not convinced that Bowyer has the tactical nous and motivational skills 
  • Options
    if there were a crowd at the valley the reaction would likely have got Bow the push by now 
  • Options
    Bowyer isn't working.

Would it... Its why I keep stressing that people need to be careful what they wish for - As I've said before, not that many would hold their hands up and admit they were wrong if that happened
    Would be difficult to be worse than mid-table League One with one of the biggest budgets in the league.