Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Stockley is a quality player and a workhorse. 

One of the only players in this side I feel confident in.
    Are you allowed to make a comment on a players ability after seeing so little of him? 
  • Options
    OK.  Here's how it is going to go.
    1:  Moans about other fans having a go and being rude.
    2:  Slightly passive aggressive references to how we aren't allowed to criticise "the manager" these days.
    3:  A strangely detailed forensic analysis of a single players every move throughout the match which noone can be bothered to read all the way through.
    4:  Some rage.
    5:  A small but oddly committed cohort pointing out that we are still building.
    6: Piss takers using this as an excuse to get some lols.
    Yes, our regular Saturday summary. 

Oh... Dear, don’t know what to say really. It’s just depressing, and draining. I’m almost immune to a another Charlton let down. It’s become the norm. 
  • Options
    Fed up of it now. Going backwards
  • Options
    we are slow, ponderous and predictable in possession, slow to the second ball, easily overrun in midfield and poor in defence, no leadership and a lack or urgency - whatever Bowyer and Jackson are doing on the training ground it clearly ain't working and we're looking at yet another full squad clear out in the Summer as I can't think of many players in this squad worth keeping. 
  • Options
    Some good play going forward.  I thought we would nick it.

But every time even  poor teams win possession they look like scoring. It's like we don't have a defence or defensive midfield.  

Almost every week this happens. 
  • Options
    On a side note, I thought Rob Lee would have been a tad sharper with his insights and delivery about the game. 
  • Options
    What will it be blamed on this week? Just come out and say we are shit at defending and have to score 3 goals or more a game to win. Worse run at home since Fraeye times tells you all you need to know. 
    Oh but we are close remember? pffttt
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think we probably would have won that had Aneke not got sent off. You can't appeal two yellows but we wouldn't win if we could but I think some refs would send him off and some wouldn't.

Defence terrible. Not enough care with clearances which whilst not immediately responsible for the first two, contributed to them. Purrington was knackered - needed subbing before the third. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will see out the season. I don't think he will be the manager at the start of next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone's confidence gone... players and us. On the back foot, expecting the worst and getting it. Big rebuild 2011 style needed this summer.
  • Options
    Bowyer rocking a comb over there 
  • Options
    Bowyer has lost my confidence totally, so many dubious decisions over this season that we all know about!  Think we need a new man in with fresh ideas!  Paul Cook anyone! 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will see out the season. I don't think he will be the manager at the start of next season 
    What's the point though? Get rid now and there's still a chance for us this year.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Stockley is a quality player and a workhorse. 

One of the only players in this side I feel confident in.
    Are you allowed to make a comment on a players ability after seeing so little of him? 
    Well you can see he's a decent player as he's already got two goals

You on the other hand have written off Jaiyesimi after less than ninety minutes of football - Of course someone can equally be wrong in being positive after an early start, but negative and saying someone doesnt look good enough is a lot worse in my book as they need an opportunity

You also said Jaiyesimi looks nothing compared to Millar

Yet already has more goals and assists at this level for a shitter team
  • Options
    Come on Charlton, do the right thing and save our season. Get rid and do everything you can to get Paul Cook in.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    mendonca said:
    If the crowds were in, we'd have won every single game. Get real all!
    Sensing the sarcasm here. Is there another explanation for why we are averaging 0.4ppg at home this year and 1.8ppg away?
  • Options
    Gillingham were shit.. what does that make us? I find us very predictable, one player that deserves credit is stockley.. scored and battled all game even after Chuks' dismissal. On paper we should be beating most teams in this division, but something's not quite right and seems to be preventing us from fulfilling our potential as a squad. At this point I'm just glad we are being properly run and can hopefully build in the summer and start attending games again. BUT starting to seriously question if we're moving forwards with Bowyer. Top 6 is ambitious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Entertaining fare for those that like football of the route one variety usually reserved for Hackney Marshes. For anyone who loves the finer points of the beautiful game you'd have been well advised to stay well clear of this dire rubbish. The rare moments of quality led to goals and unfortunately the pikey cloggers edged out the SE7 cloggers. It might easily have gone the other way had Chuks not allowed them to get him so wound up.

So another home defeat and we slip out of the top 6. We can't complain - let's be honest it's bloody amazing we were still up there after such a shaky set of results over the last 2-3 months.
  • Options
    Everyone's confidence gone... players and us. On the back foot, expecting the worst and getting it. Big rebuild 2011 style needed this summer.
    agreed but I'm not convinced Bowyer should be the one in charge of the rebuild
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Come on Charlton, do the right thing and save our season. Get rid and do everything you can to get Paul Cook in.
    What if Paul Cook doesnt work? - Seems to be a bit of a given that he'll do the job seeing he's done well at this level himself before now, there are no givens in this Sports
  • Options
    Listening to Bowyer, I think its fair to say he's not a great fan of Steve Evans.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I've felt that we are mid-table L1 quality all season but even I thought we would win this one. We have not won two straight league matches so far this year. In fact, we've not won two straight since the end of October! That's 3.5 months not putting together two wins in a row. Ugh.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What's the point though? Get rid now and there's still a chance for us this year.
    Or at least he’d get to know what his got ready for next season!