Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    In the aftermatch interview with Lee, Scott must have asked him on at least two occasions, about playing his best 11, with no meaningful response, other than to blame various players ability, or the lack of it, on not being able to play his best 11.
    I really don't believe he would know his best 11 if his life depended on it, he has chopped and changed it so much, seemingly on a whim, that he is blind to the fact he has lost  his way totally.
  • Options
    They may have limited room in the actual dressing room due to covid, seems daft I know but it isn't just the players in there.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scott Minto asking how we turn this around. Bowyer saying you have to look at who's constantly at fault during games, and suggests he's already decided who that is, but doesn't say who.
    oshalaja it will be
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm honestly surprised people aren't angrier about what Bowyer is saying. I get that people think he's to blame too, and that's fine, but he hasn't become a liar overnight and he's saying that there are a lot of players at this club who just don't care. That's a big problem. Maybe we can bring in a manager to make motivate them, but should we have to? Should we be satisfied with players who can decide that they don't fancy it anymore if they don't like the manager and down tools? We've had teams like that before under Pardew and when Powell came in, and changing the manager didn't fix it because there's a problem at a fundamental level. Contrast Riga's two spells; a Powell team full of desire that lacked a bit of quality, and then a team full of randoms who mostly didn't look like they cared even once. One stayed up and one didn't. I can deal with players not being very good, I can deal with having a manager who isn't up to it, I can deal with poor performances when players are out of their depth, but I really can't stand having players who just shrug their shoulders, don't train as hard as they could and aren't bothered. Football is all most of us have during this lockdown period, the least they can do is care.
    He nailed himself to that cross in November. If you publicly slag off you players, sub them off before half time or sub a sub you have to be 100% right.

You have to start winnings games and prove it to the dressing room.

You can say what you like about Maddison's attitude (we should never have signed him in the first place) or Bogle's ability.  You don't treat players like that and then expect their pals to run through walls for you.

I am quite supprised that anyone thinks he should get sacked but couldn't see it 3 months ago because nothing has really changed. 
    I think some of the comments on here show that some don't understand the implications of losing the dressing room. It is like losing the confidence of a supervisor or manager at work. You come in and do your job but you don't jump through hoops, you moan behind their backs and you are relieved and do better when they go.

Poor managers in any walk of life don't get results. The sad thing is that Bowyer did a great job until things happened to him. But his behaviours alone this season should speak for themselves. You don't need to be Columbo to work it out.
    Yup.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm honestly surprised people aren't angrier about what Bowyer is saying. I get that people think he's to blame too, and that's fine, but he hasn't become a liar overnight and he's saying that there are a lot of players at this club who just don't care. That's a big problem. Maybe we can bring in a manager to make motivate them, but should we have to? Should we be satisfied with players who can decide that they don't fancy it anymore if they don't like the manager and down tools? We've had teams like that before under Pardew and when Powell came in, and changing the manager didn't fix it because there's a problem at a fundamental level. Contrast Riga's two spells; a Powell team full of desire that lacked a bit of quality, and then a team full of randoms who mostly didn't look like they cared even once. One stayed up and one didn't. I can deal with players not being very good, I can deal with having a manager who isn't up to it, I can deal with poor performances when players are out of their depth, but I really can't stand having players who just shrug their shoulders, don't train as hard as they could and aren't bothered. Football is all most of us have during this lockdown period, the least they can do is care.
    He nailed himself to that cross in November. If you publicly slag off you players, sub them off before half time or sub a sub you have to be 100% right.

You have to start winnings games and prove it to the dressing room.

You can say what you like about Maddison's attitude (we should never have signed him in the first place) or Bogle's ability.  You don't treat players like that and then expect their pals to run through walls for you.

I am quite supprised that anyone thinks he should get sacked but couldn't see it 3 months ago because nothing has really changed. 
    I think some of the comments on here show that some don't understand the implications of losing the dressing room. It is like losing the confidence of a supervisor or manager at work. You come in and do your job but you don't jump through hoops, you moan behind their backs and you are relieved and do better when they go.

Poor managers in any walk of life don't get results. The sad thing is that Bowyer did a great job until things happened to him. But his behaviours alone this season should speak for themselves. You don't need to be Columbo to work it out.
    Yup.
    Also, when you are asked to do something remotely demanding you lack belief in what you are being asked to do.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I put the blame entirely on me for this run of defeats and poor play. The reason is obvious. I’ve thrown away my lucky underpants. I know it sounds weird as an excuse but I’ve worn them at both play off finals. But I didn’t wear them at the Freight Trophy final against Blackburn Rovers. You know what I’m saying.  You can throw as much abuse as you want at me but I can now stand firm with my M&S trunks which are totally supportive of my decision to cast away my old faithfuls. All I can say is that I’m deeply sorry and I hope there’s room in your heart to at least consider forgiveness.  

*where’s the custard?

FFS you've had the same pants since the Blackburn game ? I take it you're single ?  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Utterly appalling. A flaccid and vacuous performance against a bang-ordinary team – we mustered just two shots in the entire game, neither of which was on target. Pitiful.

Blackpool were playing keep-ball at the end. After 30 consecutive passes, we intercepted – and lost possession with the second pass. That speaks volumes. Our approach play is pedestrian and plodding – there is no spark or surprise, no flash of danger. Apart from Millar. Poor Jaiyesimi made wrong decisions when advancing; he’s been Charltonised already.

Amos has become a liability within just a few games; witness the innocuous shot late in the second half that he fluffed for a corner. The second penalty seemed harsh; Aneke’s straight red looks justified when the elbow is seen in slow motion.

Almost zero chance of the play-offs. We are shyte.

@Viewfinder something good has come from this performance, it annoys me so much when people use "turgid" to describe a limp performance.

I'm sure there are Lifers that are familiar with flaccid moments. Perhaps, it's those memories that drive them inappropriately use "turgid" instead of flaccid. 
  • Options
    I thought it was The Full Members Cup ?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Morgan, Lapslie, Williams, Maddison

Shinnie, Pratley, Watson, Smyth. 

I'd chuck in Gilbey, Gunter, Schwartz

Yeah great recruitment. 

Ain't got a clue. 
    So who is head of recruitment....oh wonder recruiter Gallon!!
  • Options
    Lee played at Prem Level for many years and has a Prem mentality. If he was told to play as holding midfielder in diamond he would know what the manager wanted and he cared so much he chined Dyer because he wasn't  pulling his weight. 
    The players he is dealing with  now would on the whole struggle to get into a Championship side , or are taking wages at the tail end of their career. 
    He needs to keep things simple, get them 1yd fitter, and practise their first touch. Play 4-4-2 , blood some of the youngsters, and get ready for next term. Remember Curbs had his set backs before he got going, the structure is in place. We don't want another manager merry go round, remember Bows could have walked but he didn't , time for us as supporters to hold our nerve, and show him the same loyalty he showed us
  • Options
    Curbs, Minto, are as deluded as Bowyer...... still taking about the run.... GET REAL IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN....... 
    what else can they say? they're trying their best to fill some time without saying the truth - that the manager has completely and utterly lost it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The other week we had Morgan on the pitch who had two shots, one which hit the bar And Bows moaned he should have passed it, took him off at ht.

Yet he persists with Shinnie, Pratley, Watson who are just dreadful. 

He has lost it, completely and utterly. 
    Shinnie who had 4 assists in 5 games before today?
    I think he is the player that won't play Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Pressure has got to him and TS needs to put him out of his misery. He did well for us but needs to go with our blessing and thanks before he does himself more damage mentally and professionally. 
  • Options

Yeah great recruitment. 

Ain't got a clue. 
    Or is it 4.54 Litres :)
  • Options
    3.78l isn't it?
  • Options
    Lee played at Prem Level for many years and has a Prem mentality. If he was told to play as holding midfielder in diamond he would know what the manager wanted and he cared so much he chined Dyer because he wasn't  pulling his weight. 
    The players he is dealing with  now would on the whole struggle to get into a Championship side , or are taking wages at the tail end of their career. 
    He needs to keep things simple, get them 1yd fitter, and practise their first touch. Play 4-4-2 , blood some of the youngsters, and get ready for next term. Remember Curbs had his set backs before he got going, the structure is in place. We don't want another manager merry go round, remember Bows could have walked but he didn't , time for us as supporters to hold our nerve, and show him the same loyalty he showed us
    Would anything actually be worse if he had walked?

He was never going to walk after he got a proper contract 
  • Options
    He just needs to learn how to manage people then he might be able to do the job. He's been useless for most of this season and deserves the sack for this - I'm rapidly losing any respect for him listening to his inane interviews.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    3.78l isn't it?
    That's a US Gallon
  • Options

Yeah great recruitment. 

Ain't got a clue. 
    Bowyer rightly getting pelters but what about Gallen.  He is signing all these wonderful players!