Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    I respect Sandgaard and appreciate what he has done and is doing for us so I don't want to call not buying any more Valley Passes until Bowyer goes a protest on my part. I promise to buy the games again as soon as he is sacked even if we are playing for nothing.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

isnt that his job? Lol

I really can't see how this is anything to 'Lol' about, tbh.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    "Pick the best 11. But they can’t physically go Saturday Tuesday Saturday”

I've got news for you Lee. Since Mick McCarthy took charge at Cardiff, they have:

played 9 games in 31 days
    won 6 Drawn 3
    had 11 players appear in at least 8 of those 9 matches

And McCarthy did not sign any of the players to appear either
    This should be printed out in caps & sent to Bowyer.

Up until the 1990's cup games would go to replay after replay until settled. Only 1 substitute too. Look at Forests European Cup winning team of 1979. 70 games they played that season. 8 games in March & 9 in April. And the same players played most weeks. 

Even Curbs said that Bows should try playing the same team on Tuesday as switching players in & out just isn't working. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
     Oh I'd say 100%

No comp for resigning, comp for sacking.
    Always found it odd that a manager gets paid for doing a shit job when he’s sacked. Very contradictory way of doing things.
  • Options
    As much as bowyer has made some bad decisions etc , the players downing tools wether they like the manager or not is totally unacceptable, that is the only sympathy bowyer is getting, the under performing players are wankers and should all be binned 
  • Options
    I'm guessing the pay-off could be significant, given that Southall probably wasn't the toughest negotiator on contractual issues - not least because neither he, nor any of his phoney associates, were ever going to be around to meet those obligations. I'm sure that won't inhibit Thomas, once he identifies a suitable successor. If things continue as they are, I'd like to see an interim appointment/caretaker manager brought in, as we can't go on like this.

An ugly situation but Bowyer's self-justificatory comments only tend to reinforce the view that he is a busted flush - as I think, deep down, he knows. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The other week we had Morgan on the pitch who had two shots, one which hit the bar And Bows moaned he should have passed it, took him off at ht.

Yet he persists with Shinnie, Pratley, Watson who are just dreadful. 

He has lost it, completely and utterly. 
    Shinnie who had 4 assists in 5 games before today?
    Dazzler, we get on mate but he's been absolute shit. 

Watch his work rate and effort. 

Yes haes had 4 assist, 2 corners? 

What's his input since September? 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
    28 months at whatever is salary is. A quick internet search suggests an average for his level is about £10k per month (I've no idea how accurate this would be), but it could well be a cool quarter of a million.
  • Options
    Thomas must have been hoping we’d have a chance of promotion this season. Then, promotion or not, splash the cash on a few new players. Job done. 
    I wonder what he’s thinking now it looks like we need a major clear out and a rebuild, just to have a chance of promotion next year. Or the year after. The five/six year plan is already in doubt. 
    :-(
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Quite simple, Bowyer should have been sacked weeks ago .. whether the players are not good enough or are just not playing for the manager is irrelevant, Bowyer selects them, and they are not responding to his management. One more point, I hope that Sandy is not just another absentee owner who just does not have his finger on the pulse of what is going on with his club.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Blucher said:
    I'm guessing the pay-off could be significant, given that Southall probably wasn't the toughest negotiator on contractual issues - not least because neither he, nor any of his phoney associates, were ever going to be around to meet those obligations. I'm sure that won't inhibit Thomas, once he identifies a suitable successor. If things continue as they are, I'd like to see an interim appointment/caretaker manager brought in, as we can't go on like this.

An ugly situation but Bowyer's self-justificatory comments only tend to reinforce the view that he is a busted flush - as I think, deep down, he knows. 
    To be honest, and I have to take my share of the blame with most other Charlton fans - we were demanding the inept Southall who needed the truth deflecting sorted the contract out. We didn't expect Bowyer was going to change beyond recognition but if what I have been told is true, it is a lot of unplanned money for Thomas to have to fork out if he sacks him!
  • Options
    Lee played at Prem Level for many years and has a Prem mentality. If he was told to play as holding midfielder in diamond he would know what the manager wanted and he cared so much he chined Dyer because he wasn't  pulling his weight. 
    The players he is dealing with  now would on the whole struggle to get into a Championship side , or are taking wages at the tail end of their career. 
    He needs to keep things simple, get them 1yd fitter, and practise their first touch. Play 4-4-2 , blood some of the youngsters, and get ready for next term. Remember Curbs had his set backs before he got going, the structure is in place. We don't want another manager merry go round, remember Bows could have walked but he didn't , time for us as supporters to hold our nerve, and show him the same loyalty he showed us
    Lee Bowyer Athletic. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The other week we had Morgan on the pitch who had two shots, one which hit the bar And Bows moaned he should have passed it, took him off at ht.

Yet he persists with Shinnie, Pratley, Watson who are just dreadful. 

He has lost it, completely and utterly. 
    Shinnie who had 4 assists in 5 games before today?
    Dazzler, we get on mate but he's been absolute shit. 

Watch his work rate and effort. 

Yes haes had 4 assist, 2 corners? 

What's his input since September? 

I agree, he started off way to good for this division but has been pants recently, like he doesn't care.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    I still have faith in Bowyer. I think given time he will turn this around. A large portion of the blame lays at the door of the players. There is no way this squad is a top 6 squad IMO. There are a few exceptions Shinnie, Millar, Stockley and Famewo but beyond that we are garbage. Pearce was dog sh#t last year I don't think he's gonna improve any. We lost 12 players in the summer and they were replaced with average signings even by L1 standards. I think Bowyer deserves the chance to rebuild the squad in the summer and have a good crack at getting us promoted next year.
    From league 2?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Thomas must have been hoping we’d have a chance of promotion this season. Then, promotion or not, splash the cash on a few new players. Job done. 
    I wonder what he’s thinking now it looks like we need a major clear out and a rebuild, just to have a chance of promotion next year. Or the year after. The five/six year plan is already in doubt. 
    :-(
    Naive if thats the case. We haven’t had a proper infrastructure of transfers for several years and it was clear even before he came in that a large amount of players were out of contract this coming summer. I don’t see our Sandgaard and his team looked at our squad and thought summer 2021 would need a few new players only. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    LouisMend said:
    Sounds to me like he wants to be sacked.......Doesn't want to resign though. 

So it's all about the £££££ then. Oh sorry.......€€€€€ as he wants to to back to France. 
    That's crap, Golfie.

That's just your assumption. Guesswork. And you're trying to pass it off as fact.

Well, if you read my first 3 words......

Sounds to ME.  

Not trying to pass anything off as fact. Just me reading it as I did. 
  • Options
    I thought he got rid of the bad apples. Now people and Bowyer himself is trying to say they are f*ing all bad apples. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    I thought he got rid of the bad apples. Now people and Bowyer himself is trying to say they are f*ing all bad apples. Ridiculous.
    Kept all the 'good eggs'
    Watson, Pearce, Pratley, Shinnie, Washington
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    lonman said:
    I still have faith in Bowyer. I think given time he will turn this around. A large portion of the blame lays at the door of the players. There is no way this squad is a top 6 squad IMO. There are a few exceptions Shinnie, Millar, Stockley and Famewo but beyond that we are garbage. Pearce was dog sh#t last year I don't think he's gonna improve any. We lost 12 players in the summer and they were replaced with average signings even by L1 standards. I think Bowyer deserves the chance to rebuild the squad in the summer and have a good crack at getting us promoted next year.
    From league 2?
    We won't get relegated. Honestly, look at someone like Chuks Aneke that everyone on here praises. If you think he's a 20 goal a season man at any level above non league football  I don't know what to tell you. First Touch is abysmal, often has no spatial awareness either, receives the ball and 80% of the time never looks up or around him to see what opportunities are available. Ultimately Bowyer can only work with what he's got. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    mendonca said:
    28 months at whatever is salary is. A quick internet search suggests an average for his level is about £10k per month (I've no idea how accurate this would be), but it could well be a cool quarter of a million.
    Thanks. I was trying to look for an approx figure. Bow's will keep going then until he gets his near £1m payoff. A situation that poor Thomas never thought would have arisen so soon! 

Something always looked wrong with Bows smiling and trying to be aligned to TS's level of positivity in press releases and photos. His rudeness and incoherent ways are too much for me. I can't imagine many players will jump at the sign of being 'improved' by LB this season knowing how he treats players.
  • Options
    He's waiting for a payoff, not got the decency to walk.

Prick.
    The absolute state of this 🥴🥴🥴