Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options

Predictable comment, all a big  joke to you?
    lol! Yeah it is actually... its.a.GAME!! - Dont take it so bloody seriously

I should know, I've got wound up on here this season, I've had arguments, been slagged off etc.

And for what? - Where does it get any of us when we have a meltdown?
  • Options
    Seeing as some people think it's the players fault & they are all crap I'm assuming that we will be playing during the International break as none will be called up to play for their countries.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Haven't things got worse since the Technical Director Ged Roddy was appointed?  He was announced in October - but by the time he got his "feet under the table" it sort of lines up with our decline.  Maybe the stuff that Bowyer is alluding to about things going on in the background is some sort of disagreement...
    I don't see Ged on the touchline barking instructions or making subs...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Seeing as some people think it's the players fault & they are all crap I'm assuming that we will be playing during the International break as none will be called up to play for their countries.
    Yes we will - Gunter and Washington are the only two that can be called upon now

We dont have enough to get a game called off

Edit: No I'm actually wrong there, Millar can get called up by Canada as well as they've got World Cup Qualifers themselves next month
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    They are diminishing in numbers but some have a list of people to blame above Bowyer. The tea lady is most likely just above him. They probably admire his approach to blaming everybody bar himself. 
  • Options

I should know, I've got wound up on here this season, I've had arguments, been slagged off etc.

I really wish i could not take it so seriously, i know theres not point getting worked up but i find it so frustrating watching this team at the moment, its awful. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Haven't things got worse since the Technical Director Ged Roddy was appointed?  He was announced in October - but by the time he got his "feet under the table" it sort of lines up with our decline.  Maybe the stuff that Bowyer is alluding to about things going on in the background is some sort of disagreement...
    Oh, so its Ged Roddy's fault now is it.

Heard it all. 
    To be fair I've heard similar rumours about the guy - and that was a little while ago. Nothing concrete though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick19 said:
    CafcWest said:

Heard it all. 
    To be fair I've heard similar rumours about the guy - and that was a little while ago. Nothing concrete though.
    Didnt Reading sack him?
  • Options
    Maatsen’s 70 yard pressing of their entire back four towards the end of the game brought a lump to my throat.
  • Options
    Lee needs to remember that respect is earned. But it’s also lost. 

I had the utmost respect for everything he did, stood by us when no one else did. But his behaviour, comments, everything he is doing currently has pretty much eroded that. 

People making excuses about the team and player. Make no mistake. The quality is 100% there. The management and attitude isn’t. And that lies at the feet of the manager. 
  • Options
    Give Euell the job until the end of the season and let him play the U23s every game. Gives them some good experience, they’ll actually give a shit about the result, and they can’t do much worse than the XI we’ve got now.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    With Bowyer quite obviously losing the dressing room, Tuesday could turn about to be a proper battering. Hull City 2016’esque dare I say. 
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    With Bowyer quite obviously losing the dressing room, Tuesday could turn about to be a proper battering. Hull City 2016’esque dare I say. 
    I'd be surprised what with the state of the Wigan team
  • Options
    CafcWest said:

Heard it all. 
    Err..@golfaddick thats not what I'm saying.  What I'm trying to say is that maybe they disagree on certain things - players, approach, style, whatever....and it's causing issues behind the scenes.  We don't know.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Yeah we’re lucky that it’s Wigan. I just can’t see us putting in any sort of performance at the moment, irregardless of the opposition.
  • Options
    Bowyer is training and picking the team. I would be disappointed if Roddy agrees that digging players out and blaming everybody but yourself and chopping and changing to ridiculous levels is good. But more likely the things themselves are the issue rather than Roddy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Before I go overboard 

The players just don't give us a chance do they, giving a penalty away so early in a game by our serial fuck up merchant just renders all the preparation useless and once again we are chasing a game, leaving gaps. Blah blah fucken blah

Blackpool were a very decent side, Garbutt and Tate in particular completely on a different level and regardless of how much the players again failed to close down players, retain possession, compete for second balls Blackpool deserved that 

The referee was appalling, I know he wasn't the one who didn't challenge their midfielder strolling to the edge of our 18 yard box but he was atrocious. I'm embarrassed about the second penalty and Anekes red was not a red, red cards like that drive me insane as we will see dozens of red cards every week if all referees punished that. 

Blackpool worked out the referee would buy any theatrics and he did. 

For me so many of those players have given up and are not doing what they have been told to do, Albie Morgan, Aaron Henry, Charlie Barker, Vennings need to be brought into the team. This season was never about going up, after the disaster of the ownership and just trying to get a squad of bodies I was just hoping we stayed up and solvent. 

I know its fashionable to blame all this shit on the manager who stuck with us and gave us a team to relate with again. He has to be backed and trusted to build a squad on the summer with no constraints for a change. 

The players on the park today were again shameful and can thank themselves lucky there are no fans. Absolutely shat out that performance 

He won't play them fckin players though Carts. 

Its the old poker school shit he trusts in that fk him over weekly
  • Options
    Is Deji the one costing goals? I've some bad news about Gunter for Bow if so.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Quite sad that I actually wouldnt be surprised. I go into every game now expecting us to lose and tuesday is no different.
  • Options

I've got 1.1k comments unread on the 'Has Bowyer Lost It?" thread.

How many will there be tomorrow? I can't keep up.

• Options

I really wish i could not take it so seriously, i know theres not point getting worked up but i find it so frustrating watching this team at the moment, its awful. 
    I honestly dont know whats changed in me, I've had your approach far too often myself

Maybe its because I've felt for a while that we wont get anywhere this season and that I feel we'll be in L1 regardless next season

e.g. that second penalty today, normally I'd be going apeshit at my screen, today I just gave a rueful chuckle of incredulity
    In the past i've done the same mate. 
  • Options

• Options
    lonman said:
    lonman said:
    lonman said:
    I still have faith in Bowyer. I think given time he will turn this around. A large portion of the blame lays at the door of the players. There is no way this squad is a top 6 squad IMO. There are a few exceptions Shinnie, Millar, Stockley and Famewo but beyond that we are garbage. Pearce was dog sh#t last year I don't think he's gonna improve any. We lost 12 players in the summer and they were replaced with average signings even by L1 standards. I think Bowyer deserves the chance to rebuild the squad in the summer and have a good crack at getting us promoted next year.
    Blind loyalty is an admirable trait, but can be so damaging!

He doesn't have the managerial competence or tactical acumen to turn it around. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's simply a demonstrable fact! Players are absolutely spent and clueless as to what they are expected to do.

He was a top class footballer who is simply not cut out to be a manager, like so many who have gone before him. He clearly doesn't possess the spectrum of managerial skills that equal (relative) success, that's all.
    The problem is football fans are so fickle. Rewind approx 1 year ago and people were shouting the house down for Southall to give Bowyer a contract. Unfortunately most people these days seek instant gratification and if things don't go as expected the answer is to get rid of this guy and bring someone else in. This is not unique to football. I like to think we are a fair club and I think Bowyer deserves the opportunity to get in some players without the restrictions placed on him in the last window. It's not about 'blind loyalty' it's about giving someone a chance to solve the issues that are in front of him. Has he earned the chance to be given some time to sort it out ? I for one think he has. 
    That is a fair point but one which fails to address the Jekyl and Hyde transformation in Bowyer since he signed that contract.
    Well it's different now. We have an owner who talks a good game and engages with fans etc. The real fundamentals IMO are that we haven't signed any significantly better players than we probably would of done under Roland. However, the expectation level (just check twitter and this forum) has ticked up to an unrealistic level so What you're seeing is Bowyer under a lot of pressure. Is Bowyer perfect ? NO, Has Bowyer made mistakes ? OF COURSE. However, hand on heart I believe he does care about CAFC and the biggest mistake he's made was not managing the expectation level amongst us fans and he's now paying the price for it. I really don't believe Bowyer is hanging around for a payoff as posted by someone earlier. I do believe he believes he can turn it around. However, I think some people on this forum need to be more realistic about how good this squad is and where they will take us.  
    He is saying his players don't care. That is when you pack it it. Unless something is keeping you from doing so. My money is on the pay off he is due.