Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
     Oh I'd say 100%

No comp for resigning, comp for sacking.
    Always found it odd that a manager gets paid for doing a shit job when he’s sacked. Very contradictory way of doing things.
    Because it’s not technically a sacking. You’re just paying up the signed contract early to move them along and get someone else in.
    Ok, well he should be f***ing sacked anyway!!, 😜 with his comments he is definitely after being paid to be moved along as you say.
  • Options
    2 years ago he had Aribo, Taylor, Cullen, Bielik and Bauer

this year we are shite

I don’t blame Bow but this is an average side 
     If that's an average side wtf are Fleetwood,Gillingham and Blackpool?

Sorry. Bowyer has to take a fair portion of the blame here. His job is to get his message across. If he is unable to do that then he shouldn't be here.

Easy to gamble on keeping him and hoping he gets it right when it's not your dough.
  • Options
    I think it's quite telling that I haven't seen a single social media post by the players after the game. Normally Pearce atleast apologises and says they need to do better. But today it's been complete silence post match
  • Options
    Where have all the the Charlton optimists gone? The people who said we were a top two side or plays offs at the minimum. The guys who said once we get a centre back playing after injury we will be all right. Where are all the Bowyer apologists, spouting off about Lee being "proper" Charlton? He is West ham and always will be. A very inexperienced manager who is well out of his depth.We dont hear much from all these delusional fools anymore.
  • Options
    Only caught a glimpse of the first goal, but should Deji not have been sent off for bringing a player down going through on goal?
  • Options
    Only caught a glimpse of the first goal, but should Deji not have been sent off for bringing a player down going through on goal?
    nah, think it'll come under the triple jeopardy rule won't it? it needs to be a deliberate foul rather than just a foul to get a red

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Where have all the the Charlton optimists gone? The people who said we were a top two side or plays offs at the minimum. The guys who said once we get a centre back playing after injury we will be all right. Where are all the Bowyer apologists, spouting off about Lee being "proper" Charlton? He is West ham and always will be. A very inexperienced manager who is well out of his depth.We dont hear much from all these delusional fools anymore.
    Right here, changed my stance about 6 games ago, imagine trying to point score about who wanted a manager gone first, Jesus. Like this YouTube comments when someone posts they heard a song before it was popular.

I think the only person left who is sticking up for Lee is @Callumcafc which is fair play to him. It definitely seems though it's at a point where it's mainly bowyer out or there can be no complaints if he goes.

I still can't quite believe how bad today was. Got to he the worst game since Lee took over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not affecting the results in the slightest but we have had a huge amount offsides go against us this season. Todays wasn't quite the Lincoln one mind you..

I went back on my word and watched the game and was rewarded by that shower of shite, I couldn't even be arsed to get angry today. This is almost as bad as 2010/11 now
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’ve no idea what the actual rules of the game are now if I’m being honest. 
    unless they've changed it again, which is entirely possible, you can't get a red card, suspension and penalty for the same offence unless it's deemed to have been serious foul play/deliberate handball etc. Anything accidental or where the ref isn't sure is just a pen and maybe a booking if in the box
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    /
  • Options
    So... no good..?
  • Options
    Curbs, Minto, are as deluded as Bowyer...... still taking about the run.... GET REAL IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN....... 
    They might agree with you but can't say that. If they give us hope then we might tune in again.

Could Charlton fans become the first to stage a live stream boycott?  -)
  • Options
    It all boils down to whether Deji made a genuine attempt to win the ball, which he did

If you pull the attacker's shirt to stop him scoring or trip him when nowhere near the ball, it's a red card. 
  • Options
    Right here, changed my stance about 6 gams ago, imagine trying to point score about who wanted a manager song first, Jesus. Like this YouTube comments when someone posts they heard a song before it was popular.

I think the only person left who is sticking up for Lee is @Callumcafc which is fair play to him. It definitely seems though it's at a point where it's mainly bowyer out or there can be no complaints if he goes.

I still can't quite believe how bad today was. Got to he the worst game since Lee took over
    Agree with this, nobody should be taking satisfaction although I’ve read a lot of “told you so posts today”. 

A lot seem to be changing their stance because it’s now at the point of no return. It’s not even just about poor team selections, formations, tactics and ultimately results. It’s now clear these players just aren’t playing for him. You very very rarely come back so I see no benefit in Sandgaard giving him one more game let alone 15.  
  • Options
    Right here, changed my stance about 6 gams ago, imagine trying to point score about who wanted a manager song first, Jesus. Like this YouTube comments when someone posts they heard a song before it was popular.

I've accepted that a sacking has been coming since midweek - I'm not Bowyer in but I'm not Bowyer out, my stance is to trust in Sandgaard.
    Out of interest, why? Im not having a dig at you nor do I want to criticise Sandgaard by the way. 

However, if the reason is because of money, that doesn’t make it right (appreciate its not my money). If it’s because the season is over I still don’t think that’s right. 

Sandgaard would need to make a series of catastrophe errors before I seriously started to question him given he saved the club and is massively in credit. But I don’t think that means we can’t say not sacking Bowyer is a mistake. 
  • Options
    I'm so done with it all I actually want Bowyer to stay.  I was saying months ago thay he should go but lots on here said give it time , wait for Famewo & Innis to come back, wait for the transfer window to open. We will soon go on a run. Blah blah blah 

So it's all down to you lot. I resigned myself weeks ago we weren't going up & now not even getting into the play-offs. Now it's your turn to suffer. You wanted it this way so no point complaining now.
     Lol, nice one. You could also say this to the players.

We, the fans, want Bowyer to stay. You're all playing so rubbish that we're going to make you suffer. Put up with it and get on with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today was an absolute Joke appalling.
    and the Referee was even more appalling.
    the first penalty the Blackpool striker fouled our man and then fell over and the second Penalty the Blackpool player just fell down.
    the two Red cards were even totally moronic.
    Blackpool had Three shots to our one.
    but as regards to Bowyer any player not showing respect and deliberately not wanting to play or give 100% effort should be thrown out of the team.
    i say we give LB six more games before the hanging judge is summoned 👍👍👍👍
  • Options

None not one
  • Options

I've accepted that a sacking has been coming since midweek - I'm not Bowyer in but I'm not Bowyer out, my stance is to trust in Sandgaard.
    Ah right fair enough mate. I thought you were sticking up for Lee which is fine either way. Just pointing out even the people who had faith in him still have had enough. 

I know I certainly cba hearing Bowyers post match excuses when we get a draw at best to Wigan and Curbs & Minto do their best to cover it up while showing the fixtures saying we can get some points. 

If you offered me now I would take the season ending now, new man and a chance to recruit a whole new squad. We need cleansing 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
    Well, if he is sacked he gets lots of money.  If he resigns he only has the lots of money he has already got.

As someone has pointed out, he has a family, and those private schools and big houses aren't going to pay for themselves.  You can't blame a man for wanting to make sure his family has food on the table. Or paying expensive school fees. 
  • Options

Slagging off supporters? What a nasty piece of work you are. Mommy take your bike away or something?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Frustrating afternoon. There was no fluidity to the play. Most of the game we hoofed it up to Stockleigh, or failed to play through their midfield. Blackpool pressed us well, and came with a game plan. They had us sussed, and exploited the gaps we left in the centre.
    I thought Smith had good moments in a difficult situation, some passes and touches were neat and controlled.
    Millar plays better the Maatsen behind him, but this can leave us less solid at the back. I thought Maatsen had good moments when he came on. A good block near the end of the game. But as there was no Millar as his outlet he struggles on his own down that left. Tried to link with Chuks a few times in the channel area, but was not as effective as the millar & maatsen partnership.

We gave Blackpool too much space in our half even when we had 11 men. Closing down  as units when not in possession needs to improve.

Blackpool played well, and setup to stop us winning the second ball. This ensured Stockley was subdued. They also doubled up on Millar. This is the second game in a row this has happened. Teams have sussed us out?

There was not another outlet that I can think of. Once the first red card came in it really wasn't our afternoon. We need to be wiser with these officials, other teams are using then to their advantage.

• Options
    Bowyer's position is fast becoming untenable, he's lost, confused and although it's very a good education for him, he seems utterly incapable of turning around. 

Alan Curbishley is the guy for us, but he won't come, so where are we? 

Sandgaard's first 3 years in charge will be defined by his next step. 

We need a manager with a little experience with a splash of innovation, a little maverick and some balls, everything Bowyer was. 

Names? No chuffing idea.

We aren't a big player, we aren't a big name, and being in the third tier SEVERELY limits our options so whatever we do is a significant risk, maybe some decent Danish guy, entirely unsure.