Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    What would be better if he went, do you think these wasters would improve in March when they will be finding new clubs in June ? 
  • Options
    The Club is being embarrassed week after week. Bowyer was given time to get some players in and he has been given time to get them playing. Not only isn't it happening but it's getting worse. No midfield whatsoever today. The individuals were all over the place chasing shadows and committing fouls. No goal threat at home again is just totally unacceptable. Players not playing for the manager, so he has to go now.
  • Options
    Got to be the lowest point since I started watching us in ‘78.

Sad thing is, I’m not angry any more. Sick of the whole fucking circus we’ve been since Curbs was shown the door. One car crash after another.

I know I’ve grown up (a bit) since I started going and other things become more important in your life but I really don’t give a shit any more. It used to ruin my weekend if we lost.
    Really Dave ? I first went in 76, and the early 80’s had some really poor seasons / sides - for me the Dowie season (well he started it as manager) was the worst I saw - a really shocking squad that was - appreciate that was in the Prem, and this is (in old money) Div 3 - but I personally have - in my opinion - seen worse Charlton teams, relative to their division, than this

But I agree - this is shit 

What I struggle with is that these players are better than their recent performances
    Seen far worse players than this team (my namesake being one of them) but collectively they come across as a bunch of time wasters and can’t identify with any of them. 
  • Options
    Just 3 points from me as I'm too depressed to comment further.

1) Pratley should never play for this club again. What he did today was ridiculous.

I still can't believe how many people were praising him to high Heaven after the MK Dons game. To me, he's contributed nothing for months - when we attack he inevitably slows the play down or plays the ball back and we lose all momentum. And he is simply a red card waiting to happen at the moment.

And yet Bowyer has played him in every game this season apart from the Northampton and the ones where he was suspended.

2) I'd genuinely like to know what all those calling Schwartz a dud think of Jaiyesimi. He surely can't be as bad as he has looked in these last 2 home games? Can he?

If Bowyer has pushed Williams out for this young man, it looks a crazy decision at the moment  

3) Albie Morgan must be sitting at home tonight laughing his head off. I can just see him texting his close friends at the club with a stream of laughing emojis.

Bowyer clearly doesn't like him and proves the point by bringing in a young Matt Smith who looks lost. Again abysmal management.

Surely TS is on the phone at the moment to a replacement manager ? 
    DJ is a good example of Bowyer not knowing what he’s doing. In two games against us DJ was outstanding and caused us all number of problems. Under Bowyer he looks a non league player. Who is that down too eh?
    Sussed it. He was playing against our shit defence that's why he looked good 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People keep saying the players are time wasters but it seems strange how many of them seem to fall into that category under LB's management. Obviously nothing to do with him is it? 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The other week we had Morgan on the pitch who had two shots, one which hit the bar And Bows moaned he should have passed it, took him off at ht.

Yet he persists with Shinnie, Pratley, Watson who are just dreadful. 

He has lost it, completely and utterly. 
    Shinnie who had 4 assists in 5 games before today?
    People only see what they want to see.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    They are his players though - he signed most of them. 
    Does that mean they shouldn't care
    Of course not. Every player should care, that’s is the bare minimum we should expect from a player. But they clearly don’t want to play for the manager. 
    They should want to play for the shirt, and for the man who pays their wages. 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    I have an eight-year-grandson who lives and breathes football. His sole ambition is to play for Charlton. I know the odds are stacked against him doing that. But even if he does not prove good enough in regards to talent, there will never, ever, be any doubting his desire to be the best he can.
     How many of the players out there today showed the same desire?

DOUCHER said:
    Curbs, Minto, are as deluded as Bowyer...... still taking about the run.... GET REAL IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN....... 
    what else can they say? they're trying their best to fill some time without saying the truth - that the manager has completely and utterly lost it 
    Even if he's not very good, it's looking more likely every week. I wish him luck.
  • Options
    Morgan, Lapslie, Williams, Maddison

Shinnie, Pratley, Watson, Smyth. 

I'd chuck in Gilbey, Gunter, Schwartz

Yeah great recruitment. 

Ain't got a clue. 
    So who is head of recruitment....oh wonder recruiter Gallon!!
    Bowyer rightly getting pelters but what about Gallen.  He is signing all these wonderful players! 
    Yeah, bring back Mowgli!   ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm honestly surprised people aren't angrier about what Bowyer is saying. I get that people think he's to blame too, and that's fine, but he hasn't become a liar overnight and he's saying that there are a lot of players at this club who just don't care. That's a big problem. Maybe we can bring in a manager to make motivate them, but should we have to? Should we be satisfied with players who can decide that they don't fancy it anymore if they don't like the manager and down tools? We've had teams like that before under Pardew and when Powell came in, and changing the manager didn't fix it because there's a problem at a fundamental level. Contrast Riga's two spells; a Powell team full of desire that lacked a bit of quality, and then a team full of randoms who mostly didn't look like they cared even once. One stayed up and one didn't. I can deal with players not being very good, I can deal with having a manager who isn't up to it, I can deal with poor performances when players are out of their depth, but I really can't stand having players who just shrug their shoulders, don't train as hard as they could and aren't bothered. Football is all most of us have during this lockdown period, the least they can do is care.
    He nailed himself to that cross in November. If you publicly slag off you players, sub them off before half time or sub a sub you have to be 100% right.

You have to start winnings games and prove it to the dressing room.

You can say what you like about Maddison's attitude (we should never have signed him in the first place) or Bogle's ability.  You don't treat players like that and then expect their pals to run through walls for you.

I am quite supprised that anyone thinks he should get sacked but couldn't see it 3 months ago because nothing has really changed. 
    But there's a stark difference between asking players to run through walls and expecting the basics from professionals. At the start of last season we were getting the running though walls effect and the players were performing beyond themselves. Injuries and mad ownerships dented confidence and we went back down to our level. This isn't that though, this is players who don't seem to care at all, who aren't trying and aren't doing the basics resulting in them getting turned over at home against Blackpool. We're being told that our players don't care, and reading this thread it's remarkable the amount people will forgive the players anything if they don't like the manager. Your anger and frustrations can be directed to more than one place, and if hearing what we've heard that the only place we're willing to look is the manager then we're evidently perfectly happy to have players here who just don't really care about playing for us because the manager subbed them early once or was harsh in a press conference. That's no good.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I have no idea what's going on, but sadly the 'human emotion' for me at the moment is as bad/sad as the bloody Southall/Nimer/Farnell days. I know it should not be but it just is. 

Perhaps because one was a complete shambles off the pitch, and now the same depth is being shown on the pitch. All litered with excuses, cover ups, finger pointing and bad discipline. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Sounds to me like he wants to be sacked.......Doesn't want to resign though. 

So it's all about the £££££ then. Oh sorry.......€€€€€ as he wants to to back to France. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I can safely say I got this right...

• Options
    edited February 2021
    LouisMend said:
    Sounds to me like he wants to be sacked.......Doesn't want to resign though. 

So it's all about the £££££ then. Oh sorry.......€€€€€ as he wants to to back to France. 
    How dare you? He is the most loyal person we could ever hope for. Look at all the games he loyally played for us.
  • Options
    Worst performance I can remember in a long time.
    we were very poor and did not have one shot at goal.
    the correct Score was in-fact 1-0 to Blackpool.
    The Fat out of condition referee was a disgrace 
    As both Penalties and red cards were fucking moronic decisions.
    We may as well creat 100 corners as we waste every one, .........I never thought I would ever say this but I do not think 50%  of this team are fit to where the Shirt.
    utterly appalling spectacle to the watch 👎👎👎👎
  • Options
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
  • Options
    Well another bad week for me supporting team sport. The England cricket team abjectly folded and lost inside two days on a slightly rigged pitch with some third umpiring of a standard which is exactly why independent umpires were brought in to begin with. We would still have lost.

Charlton put out a team that looks slightly odd with two wingers but no real central midfield. The players look half paced which for some of them is pretty special as full pace gets battered over 10 yards by a tortoise. Another truly terrible first half where the only surprise was that we had managed to play worse than Tuesday, oh and the formation and that chucks didn’t start.

surely the players must be hoping they can blame Bowyer for their performances because otherwise, with them nearly all being out of contract in the summer, they aren’t exactly showcasing themselves for a new gig.

Lee Bowyer seems to think that all players know how to play multiple systems and will give their all in the pitch just because he says they should, well unfortunately it doesn’t work like that with most people Lee. Ye a you need to be challenged but you also do your best when you feel a part of something, when you buy into a vision, when you are led. 

We fielded no players today who had come through Charlton ranks, the only squad member was the reserve goalie. Why is that? We may not always have done brilliantly in recent seasons but we have had players who would run themselves into the hound for Charlton, many brought into the club were inspired by the desire of the youngsters coming through. 

I’m sure you care about the club Lee and we would all have loved it if you had been the man to take us take us forward and back to the premiership. The problem is that you haven’t built any team spirit this year and many things you have done have eroded what there was. If you are afforded any more time by SandGaard and that would be a surprise, you need to go back to building a club and team spirit. Try taking some blame yourself and try asking for some advice from your team and senior players. 

I fear it’s probably too late. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad I've got a meeting Tuesday night, saves me making a decision as to if to watch or not.

Just so poor, lacklustre, no pace, no desire. 11 footballers running around the grass with no cohesion.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    How much difference in levels of compensation between him being sacked and resigning? 
     Oh I'd say 100%

No comp for resigning, comp for sacking.
  • Options
    May I recommend a decent bottle of Rioja and the Freddie Mercury tribute concert currently playing on Sky Arts HD?