Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite last minute Charlton goal (Not Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone mentioned Grant penalty vs Accrington a couple years ago? Not the best goal ever but a mental game with the Taylor red card and all the argy bargy after the match. Small pitch invasion after the goal Bielik gets a kick to the bollocks. Brilliant atmosphere.
    Nearly up there for pressure with the Darren Bent penalty against Wigan
  • Options
    Jim Melrose against Leeds at shithurst in the play offs. Not that I saw it, my dad made us leave early to beat the traffic.
  • Options
    Dennis in the last minute, Dennis in the last minute! 
  • Options
    Anyone mentioned Grant penalty vs Accrington a couple years ago? Not the best goal ever but a mental game with the Taylor red card and all the argy bargy after the match. Small pitch invasion after the goal Bielik gets a kick to the bollocks. Brilliant atmosphere.
    Bloody love that game, the atmosphere for that one was best Ive ever experienced for a small Valley crowd. It was bouncing after that pen went in! 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    In terms of quality... Dale Stephens vs Bury in a game we totally bossed but needed a 93rd minute cracker to equalise

https://youtu.be/qerS49fBmRo

Was stood behind the goal - he absolutely leathered it..
  • Options
    "Dennis, in the last minute".
    One of THE best ever celebrations.
    Yes, it was - although it was a dull game, which was only brightened up by Johnson's penalty miss.
    Dull? It was a shocker.
  • Options
    Chris Solly at Luton other year, not sure was last minute though. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Chris Solly at Luton other year, not sure was last minute though. 
    Forgot about that one, and it certainly was last minute 90+5 I believe.
  • Options
    Southport - 1974 - Keith Peacock with the tap in.  Won 2-1! My first long away trip by train...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 3 Fulham 2, 1976
    Killer with a hat trick.
  • Options
    Was Coventry in the cup in 99/00 a last min one?  The 2 down, 3-2 up game.
  • Options
    Peter Shirtliff at St Andrews - most important goal ever. 
  • Options
    Mine to. An absolute classic. I was in the front row and ended up on the side of the pitch when the 4th went in. 
  • Options
    "Dennis, in the last minute".
    One of THE best ever celebrations.
    We’re you able to see much of the game? I know you had a bloke that was 5ft 2 in front of you, so am guessing you struggled a bit. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    In terms of quality... Dale Stephens vs Bury in a game we totally bossed but needed a 93rd minute cracker to equalise

https://youtu.be/qerS49fBmRo

What a strike that was. 
  • Options
    Opened the thread to say it had to be Jacko's at home against QPR. They were going for promotion & we were in the relegation zone. They battered us all game & then Jacko pops up to score in the dying mins. 

But then I've read the other posts & seems footage of some memorable last minute goals. The Villa one is up there & would have meant so much more if it kept us up, but it just delayed the inevitable for a week. The Norwich 4-4 was amazing but Jensen's goal sums it all up for me. We were winning & got pegged back by the keeper scoring what everyone assumed was for a point - only for us to go down the other end straight away after kick off  & get the win after all. Went for the high of winning to the low if dropping 2 points to the high of winning again all in the space of a minute or 2. Great feeling. 
    Wasnt the Jackson winner against QPR the last league game for Powell? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Burmans late equaliser at the Old Den.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    - Rommedahl away at Palace for obvious reasons

- Yann away at Bournemouth. A brilliant away day, and that evening there were a ton of Charlton out and about in the bars and clubs.

- Kyle Reid away at Southend.

- Jackson vs QPR
  • Options
    When I read the thread title my first thought was Jacko at Watford. But when I saw the opening post, I knew that Jensen v Blackburn as the one. Lots of other great moments listed on this thread, but that was a peach of a last minute for me.  And it brings up what I'd imagine is a very short list, goals that you're glad we conceded. The Brad Friedle one, because without that Jenson's goal wouldn't have been half as sweet.
  • Options
    JJ against QPR and then Mills and Dennis. Lisbie away at Ipswich was a good one circa mid 00’s 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yann away at Bournemouth can't remember the year, but also happened to be my Birthday.
    2012, great day.
  • Options
    Not last minute but Danny Murphys Free-kick vs Spurs (85min) Mar 2005, 2-0 win, Never seen the Jimmy Seed stand empty so quickly. Had a Spurs mate who didn't talk to me for 3 days! Result all-round really!
  • Options
    Another vote for Jensen’s goal against Blackburn. I also remember getting stupidly and very quickly drunk in the pub afterwards.