Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite last minute Charlton goal (Not Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    Tommy Caton penalty at Boro 90/91, locals weren't best pleased. Jacko at Watford very poignant, Igor at AFC in 2019, turned our season - and one of the few goals there we could see! 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dennis at Selhurst - As mentioned, shit football game, tho the penalty save livened things up. Scenes at the end were worth the extortionate ticket price for a Sunday kick-off on Sky. Only 700 of us bothered going If I remember correctly (I'm sure oohaah can confirm!)

JJ QPR Home - Again, absolute scenes in the Covered End. Also brilliant watching the clip back and seeing the look on the face of that corrupt leather-faced twat in the away dugout.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    boggzy said:
    Dennis at Selhurst - As mentioned, shit football game, tho the penalty save livened things up. Scenes at the end were worth the extortionate ticket price for a Sunday kick-off on Sky. Only 700 of us bothered going If I remember correctly (I'm sure oohaah can confirm!)

JJ QPR Home - Again, absolute scenes in the Covered End. Also brilliant watching the clip back and seeing the look on the face of that corrupt leather-faced twat in the away dugout.
    We virtually sold our allocation, must have been 2k there.
    When we played them in March '94 on a Sunday, there were only around the 700 figure.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Dennis in the last minute

Sarr at QPR

Can't for the life of me remember who we played but I'm sure JBG scored a last minute goal from a counter attack a few years back, remember going absolutely mental
    https://youtu.be/DY7LGjcRVy8

found it, at home against Hull, Makienok looked like a world beater that day!
    Need to get the pitch back to that standard next season. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Reading this thread I realise I am a bit of a bok. Now of course I have not been a regular for 17 years, but before that I attended 100s of games, and I have only twice seen a last minute winner in the flesh. Denis at Palace, and Caton's penalty at Boro.   
  • Options
    Simon Webster’s crunching volley in off the crossbar and angle v Bristol City at Upton Park. Was that last minute? It was a late, great goal. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Simon Webster’s crunching volley in off the crossbar and angle v Bristol City at Upton Park. Was that last minute? It was a late, great goal. 
    If it was, then add that to my list...  ;)
  • Options
    When was our last, last minute winner? 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Tony Burmans late equaliser at the Old Den.
    I was there & locals weren’t happy afterwards. Was that mid to late 70’s?
    Yes i was there hands in pockets,about 78 i think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Non play off final, Wimbledon away in 2019. Igor scored the winner and I failed with my one man pitch invasion. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Typical supporting Charlton never see last minute winners just equalisers. Saw 3 last season, Barnsley, WBA and QPR.

Would love to go back to the QPR goal last season. Absolute scenes when that went in
  • Options
    Dennis at Selhurst,   as has been said Danny Mills away at Villa in 99 - drawing 3-3 knowing only a win would keep us up a draw would mean relegation and knowing he had to score from that last minute free kick - and he did!
    The 4-3 wins at Carlisle  and at Newcastle in Jan 92 - 3-0 down after half an hour and an 89th own goal winner, cross put in by Pardew deflected in by Liam O'Brien. Andy Hunt scored for Newcastle, Gavin Peacock played for them and it was one of the last games as Manager for Ossie Ardiles. Got back on the coach outside the ground and it had broken down, but no one cared !
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    For some reason this game has always stuck in my mind. Testing myself without referring to "Home and Away", think we were 1-0 down and Webster scored twice, once in the 80th and once in the 85th minute at the "home end".

• Options
    Non play off final, Wimbledon away in 2019. Igor scored the winner and I failed with my one man pitch invasion. 
    I was there too. Ignore my post. I'm not a bok, I just have a shit memory...  :D:D:D  
  • Options
    Killer with a last minute winner against palarse at The Valley, they had Gerry Murphy sent off just before that, with the score at 1-1.
  • Options
    Plenty of great mentions on here.

I'll add Solly away at Luton to the mix. Absolute carnage when that went in
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/o6h3DZDsBI4

Not last minute but one of my favourite goals..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left field shout, Nicky Bailey away to Swindon in 2010(?) 1-1.
    Gudmundsson home to Hull, Sodjie home to Leeds and Sarr last season my three favourite 
  • Options
    Not even sure it was last minute and the point meant very little but Leaburns late goal at Blackburn in early 90s made it 2-2.
    Memorable because a few of us decided to go back to the local pub we had been drinking in before heading back to Manchester then home.
    one drink led to 2,3,4..... then when we finally got to Piccadilly, no London trains until the 1.30 am ‘milk train’.
    Had a blinder of a night in Manchester and got back to London just in time to pick up my football gear for a doubleheader at hornfair park.
    Have been on that train a couple of times after visits to Old Trafford.....and like you, gone straight to football! 
  • Options
    In the 80s we played Shrewsbury at home. The match remained scoreless mainly down to the profligacy of one man, Martin Robinson who had the proverbial mare.

I was so frustrated after his latest puerile effort, that I had a real rant at him. Of course in added on time he was on hand to convert the winner from a yard out in the centre of the covered end goal. The only way he was going to score that day. I got pelters from those around me.

I also remember a late comeback around that time at home to Burnley. 3-1 down with 5 minutes to play. Injury time equaliser. To say @Big William went into raptures would be a massive understatement!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    For some reason this game has always stuck in my mind. Testing myself without referring to "Home and Away", think we were 1-0 down and Webster scored twice, once in the 80th and once in the 85th minute at the "home end".

Close. Colin Walsh equalised after the 80th min with a low free kick. Then Webster stepped up. I can still hear Steve Dixon's commentary on the Moving Magazine. He went loopy!
  • Options
    Yes, it was 81st minute... but can we include Fortune vs Palace? 
  • Options

I also remember a late comeback around that time at home to Burnley. 3-1 down with 5 minutes to play. Injury time equaliser. To say @Big William went into raptures would be a massive understatement!
    LOL, I remember walking out of the ground saying "that could kick start the season" or some similar cliche, needless to say we quickly went down like a very heavy rock. It was the year of the Nelson-Bailey-Nelson musical chairs, and plenty of other horrors.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Yes, it was 81st minute... but can we include Fortune vs Palace? 
    It wasn't a winner, but it was a downer for them.