Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite last minute Charlton goal (Not Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    CHG said:
    They are all great, but Kyle in the last minute at Roots Hall. Absolute scenes. 
    I stayed in Southend that night, some horrendous scenes on the dance floor 
  • Options
    Always the Jackson QPR one. No goal better displayed the real Charlton coming through the Roland shite. That useless plank Reza managed to hit the post when he had an open goal in front of him after 13 minutes and then Thuram tried to hand Maiga a free goal, but we held on. Poyet helped set up the corner with an absolutely thunderous challenge and when Jacko put the header in he was straight into the crowd. Powell had to sit in the dugout for a bit to compose himself after that one. You could see how much it meant to the players and staff who really cared, and it was academy boys and real Charlton who dug us out when the Roland flops threatened to send us down.
    Adjarevic took the corner? 
  • Options
    Yeah the first one I thought of was Jensen vs Blackburn, that’ll do...
  • Options
    "Dennis, in the last minute".
    One of THE best ever celebrations.
    We’re you able to see much of the game? I know you had a bloke that was 5ft 2 in front of you, so am guessing you struggled a bit. 
    I stood on the chair mate.
  • Options
    Naby Sarr’s equaliser v QPR 2019. 
    Was in the front row with my two boys (rare event) and the celebrations happened right in front of us. Got swamped by fans tumbling down to the front. 
    My eldest has only been to four matches, all wins. 
  • Options

Best goal celebration ever?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Charlton 2 Swindon 2
    Two men sent off and injury time equaliser by Llera - amazing finish to the game.
    Only home game I have missed covid exception since 1998...had to work late shift and no one would swap shifts.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Villa away and Rommedahl.....

Re Rommrdahl...what really hacked me off after was watching sky later on that night they blamed the defence for letting him cut inside...I am sure they would have said the opposite had Henry or Ronaldo done the same.
  • Options
    Martin Pringle at The Valley v Newcastle, one of the very few times I've been convinced to leave before the final whistle.
    Took us a while from the middle of our row in the upper west, just as we got to the vomitory, Charlton mounted an attack, nobhead gold range steward made to get us to clear off as the ball broke to the Swedish Adonis.  Mr minimum wage in hi-viz got swamped in the hordes of exultant Addicks as Pringle was swamped in his colleagues.
    Didn't mind at all missing my train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:
    Chris Iwelumo away at Southampton 07/08. 1-0 win after Semedo was sent off.
    I got pelters for that goal......I was giving Luke Varney (I think) dogs abuse for not keeping the ball in the corner before he put the cross over or big Chris to score. 

The most welcome stick I’ve received from our fans ever 😄
  • Options
    Not even sure it was last minute and the point meant very little but Leaburns late goal at Blackburn in early 90s made it 2-2.
    Memorable because a few of us decided to go back to the local pub we had been drinking in before heading back to Manchester then home.
    one drink led to 2,3,4..... then when we finally got to Piccadilly, no London trains until the 1.30 am ‘milk train’.
    Had a blinder of a night in Manchester and got back to London just in time to pick up my football gear for a doubleheader at hornfair park.
    Great game after being 2-0 down early doors. Frank Stapleton was their no 9 that day....just remember it being an age as it glanced off leaburns head hit the post and bobbed in.

Further to that my mate who drove was a tight wad ...we would share car driving fill up before we left, and then fill up there on the way home so costs were shared...we were half way down the M6 when he pulled into a service station for me to pay....we didn't do many away games that way after that.
  • Options
    For the Blackburn game I had a night out planned in London so left just before injury time. Heard the cheer of the Rovers fans as I made it out of the gate which I obviously swore about. Closer to the station I heard an even bigger cheer which I swore even more about. Gutted to have missed it all and the night in London was shite anyway ☹
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I may have missed it but I'm very surprised I havent seen the JJ overhead kick in the 4-4 draw against west ham. Scenes on toast. Not a last minute winner but bloody felt like it.

Was that the first night of the upper north being open?
  • Options
    Me and @Ketman went batshit when Iwelumo got that header, great wingplay by Luke Varney who clipped a peach of a ball up to the bigman. Ketters is a gentle soul but was trampling over me to goad the poor Southampton fans

Jacko v QPR was awesome, QPR were an expensive team, my resentment had set in at Duchatalet already and Thuram merely gave the game away a few times. Jacko always attacked the ball and I tracked his run to the back post then mayhem happened 

Dennis v Palace was lunacy 

Last second goals are the elixir and preserve of true long suffering football people, truly amazing feeling and better than any drug
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Ross said:
    Bryan Hughes at home vs Villa in 06/07 for a 2-1 win, days after we were robbed for the 2-2 draw against Fulham.
    Robbed because they were given a throw in??

Leeds away for me. 2-1 Parker.

There was a Robbo goal at Oxford too in about 97/98, but I’m not sure it was technically last minute. It spurned the most rubbish one man pitch invasion ever!
  • Options
    Martin Pringle at The Valley v Newcastle, one of the very few times I've been convinced to leave before the final whistle.
    Took us a while from the middle of our row in the upper west, just as we got to the vomitory, Charlton mounted an attack, nobhead gold range steward made to get us to clear off as the ball broke to the Swedish Adonis.  Mr minimum wage in hi-viz got swamped in the hordes of exultant Addicks as Pringle was swamped in his colleagues.
    Didn't mind at all missing my train
    Watched that at crap o’clock in the morning in a hotel in HK, I bet the rooms either side of me had a fright when that went in!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Cloudworm said:
    Ross said:
    Bryan Hughes at home vs Villa in 06/07 for a 2-1 win, days after we were robbed for the 2-2 draw against Fulham.
    Robbed because they were given a throw in??

Leeds away for me. 2-1 Parker.

There was a Robbo goal at Oxford too in about 97/98, but I’m not sure it was technically last minute. It spurned the most rubbish one man pitch invasion ever!
    It was our throw-in and Fulham were given a free kick instead. 
  • Options
    Tony Burmans late equaliser at the Old Den.
    I was there & locals weren’t happy afterwards. Was that mid to late 70’s?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    1. The JJ videos make me desperate to be in a crowd again. 
    2. The Pringle goal ended our losing streak and I was so euphoric I genuinely thought I was going to faint. 
    3. Honourable mention for Simon Webster v Brizzle at Upton Park. 

Great thread by the way. This is what the forum is really all about. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Hard to pick one, but Mills at Villa and JJ v QPR are right up there. One that hasn't appeared yet was David Whyte Whyte Whyte against Brentford in the 4th round (honest, we actually made the 5th round that year) in 1996. It was a perfect free kick from the edge of the box, the roar nearly took the roof off the covered end.
  • Options
    The next one...
  • Options
    Hard to pick one, but Mills at Villa and JJ v QPR are right up there. One that hasn't appeared yet was David Whyte Whyte Whyte against Brentford in the 4th round (honest, we actually made the 5th round that year) in 1996. It was a perfect free kick from the edge of the box, the roar nearly took the roof off the covered end.
    Was that game originally postponed due to police calling it off as the roads and paths were still icy...remember getting the train back to London after the game and some pissed of bees fans spoiling for a fight.
  • Options
    Was that game originally postponed due to police calling it off as the roads and paths were still icy...remember getting the train back to London after the game and some pissed of bees fans spoiling for a fight.
    Think that’s right, it was played in midweek in the end. Pretty sure Lee Bowyer got the first, real end to end cup tie.
  • Options
    Johnny Robinson against Man U 3v3.... Can't remember if it was last minute or not.
    Jensen v Blackburn, Jacko v QPR spring to mind. 
  • Options
    Not seen this one motioned. 

Don't think it was quite the last minute but it was very close. 

I remember the Charlton 'legend' that was Akpo Sodjie flinging himself at a cross to put us 1-0 up against Leeds and keep us in with a chance of automatic promotion going into the last day back in 2010. I really enjoyed that one. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8629868.stm
    Remember a minute later Randolph pulling off an unbelievable save from a beckford header where we celebrated as if we had scored.
  • Options
    Dennis in the last minute

Sarr at QPR

Can't for the life of me remember who we played but I'm sure JBG scored a last minute goal from a counter attack a few years back, remember going absolutely mental