Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite last minute Charlton goal (Not Wembley)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Here you go. Starts on 9 mins.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrmAKZe_eQ

Thanks so much @Covered End for posting that. Brought back so many memories of that season. 
    Webbo was such a good player. Would head balls a foot off the ground and get a boot in the face about three times a game. 
    Oh to have had him this season. 
    I found it on youtube.com.
    The one I posted is season 91/92 part 5.
    Parts 1-4 are there as well. I didn't look to see how many parts there are. 
  • Options
    Some great memories here. Realise I’ve been fortunate to be at virtually all the main ones, bar Dennis at Palace as had a christening that morning and also refused to pay £35 for a live TV game. Scenes down pub when we scored but Big regret not being there 
  • Options
    Some great memories here. Realise I’ve been fortunate to be at virtually all the main ones, bar Dennis at Palace as had a christening that morning and also refused to pay £35 for a live TV game. Scenes down pub when we scored but Big regret not being there 
    I was in a bar in Hamburg when the news came through. That was a good moment! 
  • Options
    El Karkouri free kick v Blackburn, beauty!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgfXMiGZcms
    The game was on my 40th birthday. That goal was the best present.  :smiley:
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    John Humphrey's equaliser against Norwich in the Full Members Semi final (seconds after they'd gone ahead).

The fact that we went on to win in extra time completed the night.
    Yep, first goal that came to mind, a great surge started in the Arthur Waite when that went in
    It was cold that night was almost disappointed we equalised. Was right behind that goal in the Sainsbury’s end   

My memory has Walsh as scoring the goal 
    You're right, Humphrey got the winner with a deflected shot in extra time.
  • Options

Great commentary from Dicko too. 👍🏻
  • Options
    It does not get much better than this.
    We had a very enjoyable pint in the Wspoons opposite the clock tower in South Norwood after.  Our Croydon buddies were very glum.
  • Options
    Steve Claridge shinning in the play off final winner in '96.
    It ALMOST made losing to the feathered ones in the semis worthwhile.
  • Options
    The two late goals at Oxford in 1998 were the goals that sprung to mind for me. We were dreadful for 85 minutes and then we went from 1-0 down to win 2-1 with goals from Robbo and Mendonca. 

Also Iwelumo scored a last minute winner at Briatol City a few days after the one at Southampton in 2007.  Andy Reid was brilliant that evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could have been today.
  • Options

Best goal celebration ever?

Still amazed Jacko didn't do himself a serious mischief there.
  • Options
    I’m going for Schwartz’s last min deflected consolation goal today.  A welcome ray of light in a 5-1 defeat. 
    You were almost right with your prediction.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Not even sure it was last minute and the point meant very little but Leaburns late goal at Blackburn in early 90s made it 2-2.
    Memorable because a few of us decided to go back to the local pub we had been drinking in before heading back to Manchester then home.
    one drink led to 2,3,4..... then when we finally got to Piccadilly, no London trains until the 1.30 am ‘milk train’.
    Had a blinder of a night in Manchester and got back to London just in time to pick up my football gear for a doubleheader at hornfair park.
    Ha ha I think I’ve still got The hangover from that one , how did I run the line after that !!
    that fucking milk train took forever was it 5-6am it got to London 
  • Options
    I’m going for Schwartz’s last min deflected consolation goal today.  A welcome ray of light in a 5-1 defeat. 
    You were almost right with your prediction.
    I know mate - only 6 goals out. 
  • Options
    Cliff Durant's goal in the last minute to keep us up in the old division 2. Awesome!
  • Options
    Buck Ryan against Huddersfield, diving header.
  • Options
    Stern John in the last minute
    I was at that game :D  One of my better times at a football match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think it’s been mentioned on this thread yet, but surely Peter Shitliff’s 2nd goal against Leeds at St Andrew’s in the play-offs in 1987 ranks right up there - not last minute, but near as damn it - I was there - joy at final whistle, followed by fear !!!
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s been mentioned on this thread yet, but surely Peter Shitliff’s 2nd goal against Leeds at St Andrew’s in the play-offs in 1987 ranks right up there - not last minute, but near as damn it - I was there - joy at final whistle, followed by fear !!!
    THE most important goal in our history.

I got back to New Street in record time that night btw.
  • Options
    Yann at Bournemouth in 2012.

Oldham got a last minute goal at Sheffield United that day too so it was from that moment I just knew we were getting promoted.
  • Options

Same here - I wouldn’t be able to run from St Andrews to New Street now !!!

I can remember running through some pretty grotty areas of Digbeth as I wanted to avoid the main streets that supporters would be using to get away from ground - a really rough area - New Street at night wasn’t exactly a safe place either, very dark and gloomy - the relief if felt when I got on the train and it set off for London was immense
  • Options

I can remember running through some pretty grotty areas of Digbeth as I wanted to avoid the main streets that supporters would be using to get away from ground - a really rough area - New Street at night wasn’t exactly a safe place either, very dark and gloomy - the relief if felt when I got on the train and it set off for London was immense
    You must have been on the same train as me, plod divided the train, half for Charlton half for Leeds. 
  • Options

You must have been on the same train as me, plod divided the train, half for Charlton half for Leeds. 
    Yeah probably - I was on my own - after about 10 minutes of the journey I fell asleep - totally knackered physically and emotionally 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Thanks so much @Covered End for posting that. Brought back so many memories of that season. 
    Webbo was such a good player. Would head balls a foot off the ground and get a boot in the face about three times a game. 
    Oh to have had him this season. 
    I found it on youtube.com.
    The one I posted is season 91/92 part 5.
    Parts 1-4 are there as well. I didn't look to see how many parts there are. 
    Oh they are my videos! I have no recollection of actually uploading them so can't tell you how many parts there are. I remember getting stuck because some of the VHS tapes had anti-piracy things on them and came out green.